This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#215587 by Motion to the Faceless
Tue May 28, 2013 4:15 am
Hi friends! I have a new band called "Motion to the Faceless" and we are about 4 months into the project. A modern Alternative Rock band from Chicago consisting of guitar, vocals, bass and drums. Please listen to our new song on this profile and let us know what you think.

Thanks!

recorded with cubase SE3.
#215594 by J-HALEY
Tue May 28, 2013 12:22 pm
Motion to the Faceless wrote:Hi friends! I have a new band called "Motion to the Faceless" and we are about 4 months into the project. A modern Alternative Rock band from Chicago consisting of guitar, vocals, bass and drums. Please listen to our new song on this profile and let us know what you think.

Thanks!

recorded with cubase SE3.


Congrats on your new project Jerry! I can't listen to it now (new office no speakers yet) I'll check it out on my iphone later.

#215598 by jimmydanger
Tue May 28, 2013 12:34 pm
Hey Jerry, I checked it out. The recording itself is decent, and your playing is really good, but the music is lacking something. Maybe it's the singer, he sounds a little bored or without excitement. Rock and roll should be exciting, this song sounds like one of AIC/STP's downer tunes. Good to hear you're rocking!

#215604 by sanshouheil
Tue May 28, 2013 1:00 pm
I like it ! Put's me in recollection of Queensryche.

Though I have to agree with Jimmy on the vocals.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHapAsmvGEU

#215606 by neanderpaul
Tue May 28, 2013 1:08 pm
Glad you have a new project Jerry! Singer is flat, sorry. Needs some treble in the eq of his voice too. Some good guitar work. The mix overall is lacking. It's a little 2 dimensional. Maybe some panning will open it up. I look forward to more!
Image

#215609 by jsantos
Tue May 28, 2013 1:27 pm
Wow! Thanks for the great input guys! It's really hard for me to distinguish the nuances when it comes to vocals. I will work with the new vocalist by transposing the melody note for note so that we can practice pitch with a keyboard. Also, dynamics so we can ad some energy to the vocals.

Just a quick performance note about this musical piece. The whole song is only 2 chords (which are Am to F, except one change on the bridge (Dm) for the solo), and we experimented with modulation. This means the Am switches from Dorian on the clean verse, Phrygian on the heavy riff, to Locrain Diminished on the Chorus, all resolving to FMajor. It builds tension as it progresses. The drummer and bassist also added to the build ups with syncopation.

Thanks for the replies!

#215614 by PaperDog
Tue May 28, 2013 1:52 pm
jsantos wrote:Wow! Thanks for the great input guys! It's really hard for me to distinguish the nuances when it comes to vocals. I will work with the new vocalist by transposing the melody note for note so that we can practice pitch with a keyboard. Also, dynamics so we can ad some energy to the vocals.

Just a quick performance note about this musical piece. The whole song is only 2 chords (which are Am to F, except one change on the bridge (Dm) for the solo), and we experimented with modulation. This means the Am switches from Dorian on the clean verse, Phrygian on the heavy riff, to Locrain Diminished on the Chorus, all resolving to FMajor. It builds tension as it progresses. The drummer and bassist also added to the build ups with syncopation.

Thanks for the replies!


Jerry, Tell your singer to forget about Dorian and Phrygian and just get in there and sing. He's got the basics , so it wont be a long learning curve... I think it's just a matter of dilligent practice , every day... He'll definately get there.

Nice Work overall ;)

#215617 by J-HALEY
Tue May 28, 2013 1:56 pm
Jerry, I listened to the new song and I like it. Really nice guitar tones and playing! Congrats on a job well done. Your singer has a good voice I like his tonal quality.

#215619 by jsantos
Tue May 28, 2013 1:58 pm
J-HALEY wrote:Jerry, I listened to the new song and I like it. Really nice guitar tones and playing! Congrats on a job well done. Your singer has a good voice I like his tonal quality.


Thanks J!

#215620 by jsantos
Tue May 28, 2013 2:03 pm
PaperDog wrote:
Jerry, Tell your singer to forget about Dorian and Phrygian and just get in there and sing. He's got the basics , so it wont be a long learning curve... I think it's just a matter of dilligent practice , every day... He'll definately get there.

Nice Work overall ;)


HAHA! Thanks Dog. I think we may have to stop over-analyzing our music and just play from the heart. I like these new guys. We have only been together for a short time and we are already playing shows in June. Let me know when you arrive in Chicago and we can have you on stage with us. :)

#215648 by PaperDog
Tue May 28, 2013 6:15 pm
jsantos wrote:
PaperDog wrote:
Jerry, Tell your singer to forget about Dorian and Phrygian and just get in there and sing. He's got the basics , so it wont be a long learning curve... I think it's just a matter of dilligent practice , every day... He'll definately get there.

Nice Work overall ;)


HAHA! Thanks Dog. I think we may have to stop over-analyzing our music and just play from the heart. I like these new guys. We have only been together for a short time and we are already playing shows in June. Let me know when you arrive in Chicago and we can have you on stage with us. :)



ohhh snap! I was just up there a few weeks ago. I had posted a message on the boards... Well no worries, I am planning another trip there someday... Well talk about maybe gettin together then. :)

#215695 by GuitarMikeB
Wed May 29, 2013 1:40 pm
Singer has good tone, but definitely is off-key on some notes. Good luck with this new project.

#215702 by jsantos
Wed May 29, 2013 2:48 pm
Thank you mike B!

#215744 by MikeTalbot
Wed May 29, 2013 9:15 pm
Never a question in my mind Jerry that you'd get it done. And so you have.

Talbot

#215750 by Joewillplay
Wed May 29, 2013 9:35 pm
I like the song Jerry.I think the comments about your singer are dead on.I think Jimmy and the others expressed that.It's a 4 1/2 min song and the vocals left me waiting too long.All in all well done sir.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests