This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#215259 by Gnarly Hearted
Fri May 24, 2013 12:22 am
This is for people to search for musicians needed and talk to them without paying for premium.
I just found the bands Outcry and The Voublys, and i would love to contact them and say i'd love to sing for them, but i cant because i dont have the premium membership thing.
#215261 by J-HALEY
Fri May 24, 2013 1:51 am
natalie0jane wrote:This is for people to search for musicians needed and talk to them without paying for premium.
I just found the bands Outcry and The Voublys, and i would love to contact them and say i'd love to sing for them, but i cant because i dont have the premium membership thing.

Crickets chirping! Really $9.95 is too much? IMO if you ain't willing to invest 10 bucks you are not ANY WHERE NEAR SERIOUS enough about your music. Talk to the hand. chirp chirp. :roll:

#215262 by Kramerguy
Fri May 24, 2013 2:04 am
In his defense Haley- in the past you had to buy a few local papers, maybe $3.00 investment. It really didn't cost anything except to the band who was looking to buy the ad. Or you go to the music store and check out he boards. It was actually a better system- the posers were MUCH FEWER back then.. it took more resolve and effort just to contact each other.

Craigslist is free, and has a much better system for targeting the locality. Say what you will about CL, but it's free, easy, and I've found great employment as well as great bands on there. BMIX could compete with that, if they dropped the pricetag, even $19.95 for a year or something might be reasonable, but $10 a month, plus banner ads? And what do you get? Constant emails to spend even more on bandvista.

Sure, CL doesn't have the forums, at least not like this, but even these forums are weak and juvenile compared to the vast musician forums on the net like harmony central, 8notes, etc.. as well as many instrument specific forums out there.

I come here because it's a convenient distraction, and the challenge of arguing politics and religion with what might be the most concentrated group of right wingers is nothing short of a vigorous mental workout. :)

#215282 by gbheil
Fri May 24, 2013 12:56 pm
This is a paid service. To attempt to subvert that system is stealing.
Don't want to use a paid system . . . don't.
But don't steal.

#215285 by jimmydanger
Fri May 24, 2013 1:11 pm
Right on George! If you need to use their service pay for it! It's the same mentality of people who think music should be free!

#215290 by Slacker G
Fri May 24, 2013 1:31 pm
natalie0jane,

Then start your own musicians forum for cheapskates. You can pay the monthly fees involved to support the website and whatever... Maybe some of us would join too. :)

#215316 by Planetguy
Fri May 24, 2013 3:58 pm
no avatar, no music posted, and no photos on your profile page. (big surprise)

yeah, your phone should be ringing off the hook in no time!

if as you say....

"I have been singing all my life...." surely you must have some tunes, photos, videos you can share.

be the change you seek. change is good. i've got a little change in my pocket....
#215396 by Vampier
Sat May 25, 2013 6:15 am
...Natalie ...Everything all have said to you should be getting across loud and clear. No one hates you here nor do they feel the least bit "sorry" for you. You are a "very young" 18 in my opinion. By the way ... well stated Planet Guy.

Natalie you need to step back from things in your life and look at yourself from the "outside" regarding yourself as devoid as possible of emotions. This is a tall order but until you can do this you will only illicit much the same wherever you may go and whatever you may attempt to do. Learn to be independent as this will serve you well and now it is actually a prerequisite in th future.

Even if you had a premium membership it would do you no good the way you currently are. I for one wish you good luck but caution that you must empower yourself as what is coming will require this.

#215406 by fisherman bob
Sat May 25, 2013 12:50 pm
People who pay for a premium membership are more serious about their musicianship I've found. Try the Badmix membership for a month or two. That may mean sacrificing a McDonalds Happy Meal or two...