This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#214782 by GuitarMikeB
Thu May 16, 2013 3:16 pm
Was wondering where you been hiding, Mark. Good luck. I could never go back to school after all these years - 20 years in a row (from pre-school through B.Sc) was enough.
I laid down a keyboard-done sax part on a song last night, if you are interested in putting a real sax on it, send me an email: mikebirchmusic AT yahoo DOT com. It's a pretty simple part overall.

#214785 by Joewillplay
Thu May 16, 2013 4:04 pm
Congrats young man.You have just dispelled the old saying "youth is wasted on the youth".I think not.Going back to school like that is exactly what the youth should be doing to stay youthful.Well done sir.

#214793 by PaperDog
Thu May 16, 2013 5:48 pm
When I got my degree , it became most useful, when I rolled the diploma up into a tight tube, and poked my adversaries in the eye with it. Beyond that, It hasn't really done much for me. My career success stems from my cat-like reflexes....:lol: and my keen ability to provide real-world deliverable to clients, who trust in me, based on my work ethic , can-do attitude and ability to learn advanced concepts in very short periods of time. None of that was ever really covered in college.

Nevertheless, congrats... TIP: College girls really DO ignore guys over 35. (unless they have money)

#214798 by gbheil
Thu May 16, 2013 6:29 pm
Losers . . . I snorted coke with mine . . .

Make the best of your education and congratulations.

#214806 by PaperDog
Fri May 17, 2013 2:07 am
sanshouheil wrote:Losers . . . I snorted coke with mine . . .

Make the best of your education and congratulations.

Ha ha! Good one !

#214812 by fisherman bob
Fri May 17, 2013 12:01 pm
Lucky you. I never graduated college. Got very good grades for the most part. But I had zero direction. I took liberal arts with an emphasis on biology/ecology. But my favorite classes were Sociology, Russian History, Statistics despite sucking in math. IF I ever went back I'd take music (which I'm pretty good at being self taught for the most part) and business, which I apparently suck at being I'm in so much debt. Having been self-employed for as long as I have, and seeing "the system" from a working man's point of view, seeing the corruption (especially in the music business which is rampant) I know almost with certainty I'd raise my hand and object to an arrogant professor who spouts left-wing horse manure, which a lot of them do. What exists in the real world and what exists in the college classroom are often two very different things.

#214936 by mdh studios
Sun May 19, 2013 9:53 pm
Thanks guys! Mike, Joey! :) yeah, sorry about that mike.
I moved a few weeks ago and adopted a puppy so my time to spend on music projects has significantly thinned, but that should change soon.

And it's funny you should mention that vinny, I decided on a philosophy major in part to ensure that I would have a strong sense of direction. Very difficult to live life without a clear sense of purpose, a role that largely defines us and justifies our existence.