This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#205507 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:58 pm
She could probably pick up a gun at the local Arkansas Walmart with no delay.
Sad life.

#205517 by gtZip
Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:47 pm
Those poor kids never really had a momma.
What's better, a mentally ill addict of a mom, or no mom?

#205519 by jimmydanger
Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:51 pm
Living mom is always better than shot in the head mom. People can and do beat addictions all the time.

#205520 by gtZip
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:07 pm
I'm not so sure about it...
You're right about overcoming addiction, but in the interim, massive damage can be done to the children's mental and physical health.

#205529 by jimmydanger
Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:05 pm
Children are amazingly flexible and can bounce back from trauma that many adults might not. I guarantee that living their lives knowing their parents killed themselves will not be easy. People who do that are cowards, plain and simple.

#205551 by Mike Nobody
Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:44 pm
jimmydanger wrote:Children are amazingly flexible and can bounce back from trauma that many adults might not. I guarantee that living their lives knowing their parents killed themselves will not be easy. People who do that are cowards, plain and simple.

:evil: :roll:

#205557 by Slacker G
Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:14 pm
How moronic and short sighted. If she didn't have a gun she would have taken medication or found another means of accomplishing the task. People slash their wrists, overdose on purpose, plan suicide by cop and dozens of other ways.

Just how much will you wish you had a gun when starving people are breaking into houses to take what you have, food or otherwise? This county is on the verge of financial collapse. The government has stockpiled 1.6 billion rounds of 9mm and 40mm ammo, and has recently ordered another 21.6 million rounds. That is enough to shoot every illegal and every American 5 times over. What are they expecting or what are they planning? This is fort the DHS, not the military, and the Social Security administration as well as dozens of other government agencies are also grabbing millions of rounds of ammo. The SS administration claims that their hollow points are for target practice.

This info was from the "Investors Business Daily"

Want to listen instead of reading this information? This is a free listen on streaming audio. The first 15 -20 minutes tell the story.

http://www.marklevinshow.com/sectional.asp?id=32930# Program ID # 0215201

When it happens you will wish you had a gun to protect yourself. Starving people can get quite ruthless. Others on this board already know these things.

#205561 by jimmydanger
Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Paranoia is fun!

#205562 by PaperDog
Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:32 pm
jimmydanger wrote:Children are amazingly flexible and can bounce back from trauma that many adults might not. I guarantee that living their lives knowing their parents killed themselves will not be easy. People who do that are cowards, plain and simple.

No doubt about that. Suicide is never the right answer... But in all honesty, I cant find any correlation between access to weapons and suicidal tendencies. There are countless cases on record, of suicides, where death was cause by drug & alcohol abuse. Many folks are 'jumpers" ...and even today, its not impossible for a person to find a ledge, window whatever. Then you got the folks who like to stroll on the freeway near blind curves... (We had an incident like that last year in EP)

My point is that guns can't really be the 'cause'. At most, they just expedite the inevitable.

The law should focus on correcting the indifference that healthy people have toward the unhealthy people. Gun laws don't work. It been proved over and over again...

#205564 by jimmydanger
Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:37 pm
My point was, her husband killed himself less than a month ago. Everyone knew she was depressed and possibly suicidal, yet no one took her guns away? I would have hoped some family member would have stepped up but I guess not.

#205565 by gtZip
Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:38 pm
Documented three previous suicide attempts. (So at least three prior to this)
A couple of ODs and slitting wrists.

Yep, a gun is probably the most efficient tool. But... let it go.
Let her go.

#205571 by KLUGMO
Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:37 pm
Jimmy, it has not been determined yet that her boyfriend killed himself.
The possibility of guilt could have been a driving force in her death. I'm
glad the children were taken away to a foster home and not there when
she shot every living thing around her, like her dog. Why do you think
the children were taken away from their mom after the boyfriends death.
Someone else had suspicions.

Things are hardly ever as they appear in life.[/b]

#205573 by jimmydanger
Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:54 pm
Whether he killed himself or she killed him, the fact remains that two people are dead because guns were readily available. Maybe not everyone should have guns in their home.

#205574 by gtZip
Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:02 pm
Brace yourself... I agree with you.

Not everyone should have them, but if they aren't felons, they have the right to have them.