This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#183621 by fisherman bob
Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:50 am
I'll bet 99% of the conventioneers were white this evening. Shameful misrepresentation
of the cross-section of America. Republicans are done, finished.

#183625 by J-HALEY
Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:52 am
I have to disagree with you Bob. I loved Chris Christies speech he is awesome! One heck of a speaker! So what if they are white? I don't understand, it is like being a white guy is some kind of curse! I for one am CERTAINLY NOT GOING TO HAVE A GUILT COMPLEX BECAUSE I AM 75% WHITE! All you folks throwing out the race card are just doing Obummers bidding! Romney is not my first choice but he is CERTAINLY more qualified and conservative than the current pres. in spite of what the Libs. want you to think Romney is the ONLY candidate any of you should consider!

#183643 by Slacker G
Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:00 pm
OK Bob,

When the race card is played.... in fact every time the race card is played, what race stands in front of the cameras on TV playing it? And why is it almost always for political reasons?

Is it that white guy Sharpton? Is it that white guy Jackson? Is it that 1/2 white guy?

The race card is played constantly by the left every time they find themselves behind in an argument.

#183646 by VinnyViolin
Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:49 pm
Yup, they're done ...... stick a fork in 'em. :lol:

#183657 by fisherman bob
Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:54 pm
I'm NOT playing the race card. It is simply an OBSERVATION that the vast majority of conventioneers were lilly white. That is a serious problem. The Republican Party and certainly the Tea Party have the perception of being a WHITE organization. In case you haven't checked, Caucasions are now a MINORITY in America. ANY organization that has the perception of being something is REALITY in the minds of those perceiving. It's troubling me, as a white American, that one of our major political parties has a perception, thus a reality, of not including the MAJORITY of Americans. This is further proof of a dangerous divide in politics, a polarization based on race. Like I said I'm NOT bringing up the race card, but please observe the obvious, that our political parties ARE in fact, whether purposely or coincidentally based along racial lines. Ths is a BIG problem. The Republican party needs to take a serious look at themselves in a mirror and ask "how do we attract ALL people to our ranks, NOW" or else in the not too distant future the Republicans will find themselves in the dustbin of history.

#183659 by fisherman bob
Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:15 pm
I'm NOT playing the race card. It is simply an OBSERVATION that the vast majority of conventioneers were lilly white. That is a serious problem. The Republican Party and certainly the Tea Party have the perception of being a WHITE organization. In case you haven't checked, Caucasions are now a MINORITY in America. ANY organization that has the perception of being something is REALITY in the minds of those perceiving. It's troubling me, as a white American, that one of our major political parties has a perception, thus a reality, of not including the MAJORITY of Americans. This is further proof of a dangerous divide in politics, a polarization based on race. Like I said I'm NOT bringing up the race card, but please observe the obvious, that our political parties ARE in fact, whether purposely or coincidentally based along racial lines. Ths is a BIG problem. The Republican party needs to take a serious look at themselves in a mirror and ask "how do we attract ALL people to our ranks, NOW" or else in the not too distant future the Republicans will find themselves in the dustbin of history.

#183660 by fisherman bob
Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:16 pm

#183661 by jimmydanger
Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:20 pm
Well said Bob. Whether intentional or not, the Republicans give the appearance of being the "we're white and if you want a white president again, join us" party.

#183662 by MikeG9699
Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:40 pm
Lilly white Bob? Hell, I might as well nail my nuts to a wooden bridge and jump off now.

#183664 by DainNobody
Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:57 pm
I saw a token or two in the crowd..

#183665 by fisherman bob
Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:07 pm
yod wrote:So you're saying that black people are racists because they didn't go after being invited?

:roll:
NO

#183666 by fisherman bob
Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:08 pm
Dane Ellis Allen wrote:I saw a token or two in the crowd..
. Bingo

#183667 by fisherman bob
Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:11 pm
MikeG9699 wrote:Lilly white Bob? Hell, I might as well nail my nuts to a wooden bridge and jump off now.
. Better yet, if you're politicaly aciive and conservative, reach out to ALL those around you in an EFFECTIVE way to influence them to see your viewpoint and want to JOIN you.

#183680 by Chaeya
Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:23 pm
fisherman bob wrote:
Dane Ellis Allen wrote:I saw a token or two in the crowd..
. Bingo

To which one, a CNN camera woman was pelted with peanuts by two partygoers and told "this is how we feed the animals."

Yeah, sounds like a real fun place to hang.

What's really sad is since the people want change so much, if they came together and let everyone list on a piece of paper what it is they want from the government they'd find that outside of a few issues, they'd agree that corporations should have so much power and that politicians should care more about the people than the rich corporations. However, you can't get any of them to stop fighting long enough to get to that point because everyone's red in the face trying to convince each other they're right.

America's a big joint and it's slowly become overcrowded and overpopulated with immigrants of all sorts - you guys may think only in terms of white, black, and Hispanic illegal immigrants, but I live in California and I'm seeing the wealthy area where I work being overtaken by Middle Easterners, Asian, and other languages I don't recognize. So let another 10 years go by and wonder what it will look like. Interracial couples have boomed in the last 10 years, so you have all of us "Others" to deal with too.

So to agree with you, Bob, your speech is worthy of some attention.

Chaeya