This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#180295 by fisherman bob
Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:51 am
First we record at a pro studio this Sunday, then on the 11th we play at the Moose Lodge in Kansas City, Kansas from 8 to 11pm, then on the 18th we perform at the Lion's Den Open disc golf event in Kansas City, Missouri at Kessler Park from 2 to 4 pm. We'll probably be gigging on the 25th also at a small club in Kansas city, Ks. (Details to follow).

#180299 by J-HALEY
Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:57 am
That's Awesome Bob you are one of the best bass players I have heard and no doubt DESTINED to do well!

#180305 by fisherman bob
Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:50 am
Thanks. I hope I can survive til then. Went to the emergency room Saturday, almost passed out. Various Xrays and an EKG, found nothing. And now I have a bad rash on my head and neck, ivy? Might be cumulative heat wave effects. I'm 3/4 Russian and NOT a hot weather person. I'm retiring to Alaska.

#180308 by J-HALEY
Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:02 am
fisherman bob wrote:Thanks. I hope I can survive til then. Went to the emergency room Saturday, almost passed out. Various Xrays and an EKG, found nothing. And now I have a bad rash on my head and neck, ivy? Might be cumulative heat wave effects. I'm 3/4 Russian and NOT a hot weather person. I'm retiring to Alaska.

Bob that kind of sounds like shingles. I sure hope not cause that sucks! Our bass player Randy has been having health issues. He had a preliminary diagnosis of Minerei's disease! I am REALLY scared for him. He is going in for a brain scan this Friday. The last time that happened to a band mate! Well lets just say I can't speak of it! Its too hard :cry:

#180312 by fisherman bob
Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:24 am
I never thought of shingles, I did have all the childhood diseases. But this rash isn't as painful as shingles can get. I'm 55 in January, so I'm well on my way downhill. Sometimes I think I'm like a car which a mechanic can't figure out what's wrong when it screws up!

#180315 by J-HALEY
Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:42 am
Shingle's is in everyone's body that had "chicken pox" it usually comes on in folks our age Bob. I am a couple years your Jr. just sayin it could be something to think about?

#180323 by PaperDog
Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:10 am
Bob, It could just be a heat rash...I had that once... It goes away... Just cool off with a shower, and avoid heavy detergent soaps (ex: Dial) ...Use something Hyper allergenic) .

If that rash persists more than a couple of days, then yeah..it might be shingles or psoriasis of some kind. (See the doc)

Jeff, I read up on that Mineries syndrome... The docs will prolly advise him to lay off salt (to avoid retaining fluid) , and use ear plugs during the gigs... The condition actually attacks the ear canals/fluids (Not the brain) . But it can effect everything from sense of balance to eye vision.

#180325 by PierceG
Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:30 am
I hope you get some video of you rocking Kansas City to its very foundation!!!

Have you ever tried Minsky's Pizza, btw? They can be found North of the River. I don't know if I ever mentioned this, but Park University (Parkville campus) is my Alma Mater, and KC will always have a place in my heart, even though it's too busy for me to want to move back there.

#180326 by gbheil
Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:41 am
Shingles are easily recognizable in most cases to even the most basic health care provider but sometimes ( as in my wife ) it can present differently.
She had an outbreak in her ear canal that swollen the whole left side of her face and was miserable for weeks.

Praying for the health and a grand outcome to the gigs Bob.

The studio is what really piques my interest though. :D

#180327 by fisherman bob
Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:03 am
PierceG wrote:I hope you get some video of you rocking Kansas City to its very foundation!!!

Have you ever tried Minsky's Pizza, btw? They can be found North of the River. I don't know if I ever mentioned this, but Park University (Parkville campus) is my Alma Mater, and KC will always have a place in my heart, even though it's too busy for me to want to move back there.
I've had Minsky's a bunch of times, one of the best pizza places in town. Since I've lived in K.C. they've had fluctuating success, locations have come and gone. I believe there's about ten locations? Minsky's has about the best crust and their gourmet pizzas are unique.
Years ago I did some work (cabinet restoration) for the president of Park Univ. It's got a great reputation around the country. Parkville is a cool little town. Always enjoyed it. The band once played at Parkville days festival.
Not sure if any vids will come out of the next gigs but certainly pics to go up on the webpage (bluefinreview.com).

#180328 by fisherman bob
Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:09 am
sanshouheil wrote:Shingles are easily recognizable in most cases to even the most basic health care provider but sometimes ( as in my wife ) it can present differently.
She had an outbreak in her ear canal that swollen the whole left side of her face and was miserable for weeks.

Praying for the health and a grand outcome to the gigs Bob.

The studio is what really piques my interest though. :D
Your prayers are always welcome, they work.
We have to go to the studio. Mandatory to put a few on the website, then we can promote ourselves. I'm hopeful to get at least three to four really good takes. We're going to attempt Hey Joe, Tore Down, Blues With A Feeling, Messin With the Kid and one original and see what sticks.

#180332 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:42 pm
If the rash persists, get yourself checked for Lyme Disease - ticks are bad everywhere this year.

Good luck in the studio - 4 songs - are you recording 'live' or laying down vocals and leads after getting the rhythms done? 4 songs is a big goal unless you're in there for 8+ hours. Allow 1-2 hours (or more!) just to get set up and levels checked.

#180340 by jw123
Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:13 pm
Bob, great news on recording and playing the gigs, I know youve been wanting to get some recording done, so get in there and nail them down.

I would love to get our version of Hey Joe recorded myself, one of the few bluesy songs I can get my guys to do.

Get yourself checked out on the rash, just so you know whats going on.

#180375 by fisherman bob
Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:10 am
Got it checked today, very bad case of poison something, maybe ivy. Got the max cream known to medical science to treat it. I never had poison anything in my life. Maybe the drought has concentrated the chemical that causes it. I still need to see a neurologist and I have been bitten by ticks before, lyme is becoming an epidemic.

#180378 by fisherman bob
Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:18 am
GuitarMikeB wrote:If the rash persists, get yourself checked for Lyme Disease - ticks are bad everywhere this year.

Good luck in the studio - 4 songs - are you recording 'live' or laying down vocals and leads after getting the rhythms done? 4 songs is a big goal unless you're in there for 8+ hours. Allow 1-2 hours (or more!) just to get set up and levels checked.
. We operate much more efficiently. The last recording I participated in took five hours and we got six songs completely done in five hours studio time. We record live with a scratch vocal track. All instruments are isolated. Then we all take everything home and listen to it and mark the exact time there's a mistake. 95% of mistakes can be corrected without re-doing the part. Then the vocals are recorded. Done.