This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#180065 by Planetguy
Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:24 pm
well, this will no doubt sound pretty wonky to some , buuuuut...

i've been wallpapering my music room with string labels...the colorful "cover letter" that you find within the clear plastic pouch that is wrapped around the individual string envelopes.

whew, i hope that makes some sense!

anyway...though i've been saving these labels for a very long time, i'm gonna come up way short.....so, i'm making a desperate plea for assistance!

if you'd be so kind as to save and send me your un-needed labels i'd be greatly, greatly appreciative.

i have no need for the plastic envelope, or the plain white individual paper envelopes...just the actual colorful string label that advertises the brand and particular set.

and it doesn't necessarily have to be guitar string labels...mando, bass, banjo, uke, dulcimer, etc....ALL GOOD!

i also have been using the cardboard box type string containers that have become popular and prevalent as of late.

obviously i'm reluctant to put up my address here so if you're actually able and willing to help me out....perhaps you can email me and i can get you that.

thanks so much in advance.....btw, i'd be happy to reimburse shipping costs.

you can reach me at: t e b t u n e s @ g m a i l . c o m

#180070 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:05 pm
"String labels"?? What brand has these? I buy boxed strings now (Elixer, Cleartone, Martin coated), but the plastic cased ones didn't have labels, but a folded piece of paper with the MFR name and other info. - Is that what you mean by 'label'?

#180083 by Planetguy
Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:20 pm
hi mike. thanks for the reply. yeah that colorful folded over piece of paper with the mfgr and the particular set of strings is exactly what i need. most companies like the ones you mnetioned have switched over to cardboard boxes ( which i use too, cutting the tops neatly off around the edges).

there are still some companies like Pearse, Epiphone, Thomastik, LaBella, GHS, CARVIN, and some others that still use the older style plastic envelope w the paper sleeve/string label.

as soon as i figure out how to post pics stored on computer i'll post a few showing the progress of the room so far.

in the meantime the images below might give a clearer expalaination since as we all know a picture is woth a 1000 words!

#180088 by Lynard Dylan
Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:15 pm
Cool idea I've got a bunch of empty 10 pack
boxes of D'Addario strings.

I use to have my room done in used guitar straps,
I'd buy them everywhere.

Your welcome to those, I might have a Dean Markley,
and a couple different flavors of Ernie Balls laying around.

#180090 by Planetguy
Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:23 pm
hey lynard....right on. that'd be great. if you drop me an email i'll get you my snail mail address.

thanks from a fellow show me stater.

#180093 by Lynard Dylan
Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:27 pm
I'll email you tommorow, its hot and were
fixing to go to the creek.

#180094 by gbheil
Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:27 pm
It is a cool idea and I also utilize the D'Addario ten packs.

I however am psychotic about throwing stuff away so as to have a clean work space. :oops:

#180293 by TamsNumber4
Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:49 am
Mr. Planetguy,

That sounds cool and crafty!

I don't have anything to help, but maybe by bumping this request back to the top, I will help you in some way.

Good Luck with your project, it would really be nice if when you are done, you took a photo of your wall and posted it, that would be interesting for everyone to see for sure!!

Tammy

#180336 by Lynard Dylan
Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:53 pm
Mailed them yesterday, you never know what people are
going to collect.

#180342 by Paleopete
Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:37 pm
Don't know if I have any empties lying around, if so I've been using Dean Markleys, GHS Acoustics and some store brand strings for years, but I'm not sure if any are lying around. I'll check.

Cool idea. I played in a bar once where they had done the ceiling with ugly ties. The manager tried his best to talk me out of several of mine, I always wore ugly ties onstage at the time. Brightest, wildest, ugliest ties I could find...he wanted them bad...but I wasn't giving up my stage wear.

#180346 by Planetguy
Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:33 pm
if i can figure how to post pics that are stored on my computer i'd be happy to put some up.

in the meantime you can got to this thread on mandolin Cafe where i do have some pics up:
http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showt ... abels+pics

tams ...thanks for the bump. and dylan thanks for sending me some labels.

everyone else...thanks for stopping by and looking in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#180604 by Planetguy
Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:01 pm
hey lynard.....got those labels ya sent my way. mucho gracias mi amigo.

now as for the rest of you slackers....let's keep those cards and letters...and LABELS comin' in! :wink:

#180617 by jw123
Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:21 pm
I looked over the weekend to see if I had some old packages, but I must have thrown them away.

When I was playing heavy detuned music a few years ago there were these strings called Snarling Dogs, killer package, but I cant find any around the house.

#180623 by Planetguy
Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:39 pm
that's it jw123....yer dead to me! hehehe.

Snarlin' Dogs...i know exactly which labels you're talking about. very cool labels indeed.

hey thanks for taking the time to look.

#182758 by Planetguy
Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:27 pm
i think everyone needs to stop bickering w one another and take five to send me some string labels! :lol:

jus' sayin' is all. :wink: