This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#177243 by Tommy-T
Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:14 pm
Hey guys, just recorded an new tune, its still in a rough state, im no pro when it comes to recording(or singing for that matter!!lol) just looking for
some feedback from anyone out there willing to give it!,
its on my profile called "everyday is another day in paradise"
cheers,
tom

#177246 by jimmydanger
Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:29 pm
I couldn't get your tunes to play. Are you sure you posted MP3s?

#177247 by jw123
Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:31 pm
Hey T, overall I like it.

What jumped out at me was the tone of the clean guitar on the front end, it did change tempos when you kicked in. I just like the way the clean guitar sounds, kinda garagey, but I like that tone, cant put my finger on why.

Your vocals sit in the mix real well, they are clear.

I didnt care for the fuzz guitar so much, cant put my finger on it, but its kindy mushy sounding if that makes sense.

But like I said overall nice job, Im more commercial when it comes to writting and was waiting for a chorus with a good hook, that never seemed to come.

But, good job mate, Keep On Rockin!

#177248 by jimmydanger
Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:32 pm
Weird, I click on them and nothing happens.

#177250 by jw123
Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:38 pm
Jimmy they come right up for me.

#177252 by Tommy-T
Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:44 pm
hey jw,
thanks for listening!, ive been going over it and i think you right about the fuzz, needs taking back a notch for sure! and i always struggle when it come to the hook, need to find a vocalist with some good writing skills!!

i dunno why its not playing for you mate, its working fine here!, do the others work?

#177253 by jimmydanger
Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:45 pm
No, none of them play, I'll try another browser.

#177255 by KLUGMO
Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:08 pm
Dont take it personal but I always wonder why people post songs here
that they know are not even near finished. By your own admission
it needs a vocalist a lyracist and some recording skills. From the
beginning it didn't stand a chance of getting an Honest review.

I suggest you do what you already know needs to be done before
you ask for an opinion at a site full of musicians and such. Put up
something you think is a finished product. It doesn't have to cost much
to get it there. That's my advise and opinion.[/b]

#177318 by MikeTalbot
Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:40 am
Klugmo

To address your question - I think they are looking for constructive criticism as they move toward finishing it.

Particularly with guys working alone, or with less than a band, that can be helpful.

Actually I'm more in line with you, but view it as a personal quirk. (one of many) If I stopped wanting perfection I'd have a lot more music posted.

ps - working hard on getting a recording now, with one other player, of an Alamo song that is made for your voice! I hadn't forgotten - just couldn't get it good enough by myself.

Talbot

#177320 by PaperDog
Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:50 am
KLUGMO wrote:Dont take it personal but I always wonder why people post songs here
that they know are not even near finished. By your own admission
it needs a vocalist a lyracist and some recording skills. From the
beginning it didn't stand a chance of getting an Honest review.

I suggest you do what you already know needs to be done before
you ask for an opinion at a site full of musicians and such. Put up
something you think is a finished product. It doesn't have to cost much
to get it there. That's my advise and opinion.[/b]

For Me I get too excited and I want to share it with the world, cause I am so certain they are waiting to hear my rusty one track... Other than That, I post prematurely to get a feel of consensus and or some distinct feedback that I might find helpful.... Oh..and one other reason...cause around here. I'm told a fella can get his arse whipped for not posting stuff ;)

#177324 by KLUGMO
Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:20 am
HA HA, All true. I guess I want to hear something that
startles me with how good it is. Its a little frustrating too because
some of the music I hear here, I want to tweek and change just a little bit
or replace the singer cause I think I could do it better. Mostly the ballad type stuff.
Cant wait to get into the Blues song with cajundaddy-Johnny7Band.

Talbot, when we get proficient with the Kompoz site. I will sing
your song.[/b]

#177353 by Tommy-T
Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:09 pm
hey guys
mike you hit the nail on the head there my friend,
its just me in a room with a computer when these things are recorded,
im from a small town with a even smaller music scene, im just looking for a little critisism and maybe a some help from people who know what they are talking about and are proberbly a lot more experienced than i am!!
how else im i supposed to improve???
on that note i have remixed/recorded parts of the track and removed the vocals after advice taken on here. Im now left with a prety decent instrumental track. if there is anyone out there who wants to take a stab at writing some lyrics im all ears!!!!

#177637 by Starfish Scott
Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:26 am
(blank look of dismay)

#177656 by TamsNumber4
Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:22 pm
Tommy-T,

I think that sounds like a great start!

I think Band-mix is a great place, but if you would like to get comments and help on getting more advanced and find some folks in your area, you may want to consider joining a singer/songwriter forum.

I am on musesmuse.com, this place would be good for someone like you who can take commentary, there are also folks on there from around where you live., believe it or not, we have some from Wales, Cardiff and they even have get-togethers once a year.

Some talented folks to at least get advice from and it is encouraged to post your songs in all stages of production.

I am not trying to pull you away from Bandmix, I am on both boards as well, but I do think the Muse is a forum that you could benefit from.

Good Luck with moving forward on this tune, I think bumping up the bass line and some mixing fixes, it will improve.

Tammy

#177817 by DainNobody
Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:03 am
you have over 220 views so something must be interesting here..