This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#175557 by Slacker G
Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:07 am
It is a nice place to hang out. Good people good musicians.

By the way, your band sounds great, how's mine? :)

#175561 by gbheil
Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:48 am
No BandMix does not work.

But it has been for me, and many others an effective tool if you are willing to do the work.

It's not easy. and it is time consuming.

But if your tenacious you can build a band .

#175571 by Etu Malku
Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:26 pm
fisherman bob wrote:I have found a number of fine musicians and been found myself. I recommend being a premier member for at least three months and give it a serious effort. It's not a magic pill but used in conjunction with other marketing methods it does work.
It only works when you plug it in! :lol:

#175581 by gbheil
Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:29 pm
Etu Malku wrote:
fisherman bob wrote:I have found a number of fine musicians and been found myself. I recommend being a premier member for at least three months and give it a serious effort. It's not a magic pill but used in conjunction with other marketing methods it does work.
It only works when you plug it in! :lol:

Exactly ... :wink:

#175592 by gbheil
Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:18 pm
You might notice that many of us have an E-mail address in our "signature line" which automatically displays on every post.

#175606 by XhaDoW-6
Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:57 pm
I will say u get a helluva lot more feedback on here then you would on reverbnation or soundcloud

#175610 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:11 pm
XhaDoW-6 wrote:I will say u get a helluva lot more feedback on here then you would on reverbnation or soundcloud

I get some comments there, must mostly from others looking for the same on their songs.

Having music and full bio there did help me get my current Beatles tribute band gig, thoguh, because I linked to it in my craigslist ad.

#175623 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:37 am
Great tracks Nick. Good melodic song writing. I think your drummer is kick butt perfect for what you are doing. If that is you laying down the guitar work,, Great playing. Thanks for sharing your music. I enjoyed it.

This is the wild,wild west, up here. It's cool if you don't mind facing sharp disagreement from some of the S.O.B.s LIKE ME, from time to time. :)

#175631 by MikeTalbot
Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:37 am
Hey neighbor. I'm a Snellville boy myself.

As to Bandmix - I can tell you I've found plenty of people but there is an equation you need to consider:

People to play with you doing what you want to do = number of players within reasonable distance (more than you think) minus all the various players who are doing something totally different, some who are dorks and others with the various problems one encounters with musicians. Plus age groups vary wildly which bothers some folks.

Thus there may be sixty players near you - if you are lucky some of them may be just right - maybe 2 or 3. I've been kind of fortunate but just split with a situation I'd had hopes for and so on it goes.

But like you, I'm picky, and I want to do what I want to do. So you just keep plugging. BM is just a tool. Stick it in your tool belt and see what happens.

Talbot

#175743 by A Persuasive Reason
Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:04 am
Does it work? Well, although I met a few people here, and even got hired by a project in Tampa (I'm in Naples), It's really more of a metrics and demographic thing.

For my particular project, I ended up finding 1 guitarist on Youtube. She's in Argentina, so we work long distance for now. Second guitarist ended up being her husband, kind of funny how that worked out. Found a few singers on BX and on youtube, but ended up running into my current one here locally on Mother's day last year. Found my keyboardist on Facebook. His wife grew up on the same street with the drummer from Crimson Glory. She introduced us and he's now accepted the drum position.

So, in my case, Bandmix did not fill my positions, but the act of working the online social networks got me 3 members.

So the score is:
Social Networks - 3
Verbal referrals - 1
Chance meeting - 1

So, work the web, talk to friends you meet on the web, and get out of the house on Mother's day... 8)

#175753 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:42 pm
Hey TJ, GREAT TRACKS. Nick started this thread, but it's really nice to see some talent posting some GREAT TRACKS. Between You and Nick, thank you.

Every one is different, every one is looking for something else. That is what is so cool about sharing music on Band Mix.

You have a great day, and when I hear talent, Thanks.

#175757 by jimmydanger
Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:48 pm
Sure it works. See, I just posted something.

#175783 by Tubedude
Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:41 pm
Hi - Like you I thought being a paying member of this site would get me contact with real musicians with talent, enthusiasm,commitment and integrity. It didn't so I stopped paying. Then I tried membership for free same result so I went back to paying. Useless! Now I don't pay and of course still nothing ever happens. People just snoop you out like a bunch of clandestine stalkers and never commit to anything. Thank god I'm married and don't have to suffer the agony of trying online dating! That must be ten times worse than trying to find musicians!
:?

#175784 by CliffordNB3
Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:13 pm
As someone up above said, you have to use this site in conjunction with other music sites and social networks. It also helps to get out and meet people or spread the word through pinrted ads and through word of mouth. There are also other variables, like music tastes, individual goals, age group, and location.