This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#175522 by fisherman bob
Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 am
We're playing Wednesday June 13 at Jerry's Bait Shop in Lee's Summit, Missouri. They have us named Yellowfin Tuna Blues and Jazz Band! Frankly I don't care what somebody calls us as long as they call us. We"ll play our asses off as usual.

#175532 by jsantos
Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:42 pm
Hi Bob! Ever think about just using "Yellowfin"? I think it's a cool band name.
#175537 by PaperDog
Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:07 pm
fisherman bob wrote:We're playing Wednesday June 13 at Jerry's Bait Shop in Lee's Summit, Missouri. They have us named Yellowfin Tuna Blues and Jazz Band! Frankly I don't care what somebody calls us as long as they call us. We"ll play our asses off as usual.

I never really understood the fish metaphore in blues music. Fisherman works but (tuna, Marlin, Sword Fish, Puffer...etc) I just don't see how that portrays blues..

#175538 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:40 pm
You can tune a guitar, but you can't tune a fish ... :lol:

#175540 by jw123
Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:09 pm
Seriously, you need to get people to get your name straight, whatever you call yourself, my band we thought a few times thru the years to change it, but it would be like starting over, and now if someone mentions out name in my area, someone will always say Ive heard of you guys, I saw you all back in 91 or 96 at such in such place, so you guys are still together.

Back in the late 80s we were playing in this hard rock joint, with a sign out front, it said Aunt Jeremiah, instead of Aint Yo Mama. We came in the back and I didnt even see it, but this congregation of people saw it and were offended, and they came in and protested to us. I just said well if you give me $1000 I will change it, the minister said what would you change it too, I said Aint Yo Mama, he looked at me funny and left, I never did get my $1000! I figured they would come back the next month and protest that name also.

Your name is your identity in music, make sure people get it and spell it right.

#175542 by PaperDog
Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:52 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:You can tune a guitar, but you can't tune a fish ... :lol:

I wouldn't even dare try to finger-pick a fish... drop-D or otherwise! LOL

#175543 by DainNobody
Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:26 pm
the name of the band is something not to take lightly, it's all about marketing, and a good name should help market you better than a poor name.. how many times have big name acts from the past, not have 1 original member in them anymore? if I recollect Foghat a few years ago was making a comeback, trouble was not 1 original member was in the lineup..don't know how they get away with using the name with no original members in it, does not seem fair to the fans

#175645 by fisherman bob
Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:40 am
jsantos wrote:Hi Bob! Ever think about just using "Yellowfin"? I think it's a cool band name.
. Name already taken and published...nice thought.

#175662 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:17 pm
jimmydanger wrote:Blues Name Generator time! https://www.bluescentric.com/culture/bluesname/

Pretty funny! My blues name is: Blind Soul Easy Rider B :lol:

#175663 by jimmydanger
Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:21 pm
I ran it for Bob: Limpin' Bob and the Deep Blues Live Wire Racketeers

#175667 by jimmydanger
Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:25 pm
Me? Jimmy "Ramblin' Watermelon" Wheatstraw

#175668 by Tennessee Jedi
Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:26 pm
Anyone ever trademark a band name before ?
Tips ? Advice ?
Been on a few sites .... fees are from $75 to $ 500 ...
The Grateful Dead's old photographer tried to use my bands name for his band earlier this year.... it was a real pissing match and a bummer ... he backed off though ...
Any body have any advice .... we are starting to play a bit I wanna get it wrapped up.
:)

#175675 by jimmydanger
Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:40 pm
Tennessee Jedi and The Wookies!!!