This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#173222 by PaperDog
Tue May 15, 2012 9:14 pm
Way cool/.. Love it... I can hear lots of augmentation with some brass in the back...

I was messing around a few years back and came up with similar blends... (It was titled "Woman with Purse" and it had a lot of percussuion in the back to portray the calamity of getting in and out of the car with her huge samsonite sized purse ...LOL.. This piece her would have fit in so beautifully with that :)

#173225 by JCP61
Tue May 15, 2012 9:53 pm
PaperDog wrote:Way cool/.. Love it... I can hear lots of augmentation with some brass in the back...

I was messing around a few years back and came up with similar blends... (It was titled "Woman with Purse" and it had a lot of percussuion in the back to portray the calamity of getting in and out of the car with her huge samsonite sized purse ...LOL.. This piece her would have fit in so beautifully with that :)

that's great!
don't suppose you have a recording of it lying around?
maybe we could mix them!

#173229 by PaperDog
Tue May 15, 2012 10:27 pm
JCP61 wrote:
PaperDog wrote:Way cool/.. Love it... I can hear lots of augmentation with some brass in the back...

that's great!
maybe we could mix them!

Sadly, I cant find that file ... (I lost a lot of data on my other old pC a while back... and that file was stored there). It wasnt really too difficult to produce it... so I can probably come up with a new rendition of it ... Gimme a few weeks and I'll assemble some sort of 'opus" of percussion and brass and I'll send it to you.. I figure with the acid guitar it would be quite vivid.. ;)

#173230 by JCP61
Tue May 15, 2012 10:52 pm
PaperDog wrote:
JCP61 wrote:

that's great!
maybe we could mix them!

Sadly, I cant find that file ... (I lost a lot of data on my other old pC a while back... and that file was stored there). It wasnt really too difficult to produce it... so I can probably come up with a new rendition of it ... Gimme a few weeks and I'll assemble some sort of 'opus" of percussion and brass and I'll send it to you.. I figure with the acid guitar it would be quite vivid.. ;)

that sounds good to me!
let me know.

#173265 by Starfish Scott
Wed May 16, 2012 1:21 pm
And to think people gave me sh*t for writing in a psychedelic category.

Not even a vocal, I feel cheated. lol

I didn't even know there was such a category as ACID on soundclick.com
I am afraid to look further for fear of what may be found..

#173290 by Slacker G
Wed May 16, 2012 4:41 pm
JC,

I'm glad you had it posted on Soundclick. I can still listen to songs on that site. (It's about the only place) My brain doesn't do well with Acid, since I don't have any lying around here anymore, so the track in this post wasn't my favorite. Back when I used to listen to Herbie Hancock and Miles Davis LP's during my acid days I would have gotten into it a bit more. My Bad.

But while I was there I listened to

Deep Sea Challenger, Blue Bell, Grace of God, and Soul Clock. While I was listening to the first two tracks I thought of of Mike Oldfield and his rendition of Tubular Bells. I loved dropping acid and going to the theater to see "The Exorcist" (Linda Blair version)

I enjoyed listening to your tracks.

If you lived closer I would invite you to record with my Polyphonic Memory Moog. I think that instrument would be right up your alley. :)

#173341 by JCP61
Wed May 16, 2012 8:29 pm
Slacker G wrote:JC,

I'm glad you had it posted on Soundclick. I can still listen to songs on that site. (It's about the only place) My brain doesn't do well with Acid, since I don't have any lying around here anymore, so the track in this post wasn't my favorite. Back when I used to listen to Herbie Hancock and Miles Davis LP's during my acid days I would have gotten into it a bit more. My Bad.

Deep Sea Challenger, Blue Bell, Grace of God, and Soul Clock. While I was listening to the first two tracks I thought of of Mike Oldfield and his rendition of Tubular Bells. I loved dropping acid and going to the theater to see "The Exorcist" (Linda Blair version)

If you lived closer I would invite you to record with my Polyphonic Memory Moog. I think that instrument would be right up your alley. :)

don't feel bad it hasn't been anybodies fav yet,
I know people naturally associate the moogs with acid,
but really it's a basement of the science building kinda hobby.
Most of the guys trying to keep these things alive are some real nerds.
In my heart I the worst nerd of the lot
I just don't qualify cause I'm a high school drop out.

thanks for going over some of my other stuff
you're patronage is appreciated!

:)

#173386 by Slacker G
Thu May 17, 2012 12:20 am
JCP61 wrote:
Slacker G wrote:JC,

don't feel bad it hasn't been anybodies fav yet,
I know people naturally associate the moogs with acid,
but really it's a basement of the science building kinda hobby.
Most of the guys trying to keep these things alive are some real nerds.
In my heart I the worst nerd of the lot
I just don't qualify cause I'm a high school drop out.

thanks for going over some of my other stuff
you're patronage is appreciated!

:)

I was thinking more of you're other genres. I always loved Moog music from the time that I first heard one. Some bands, like Passport for one, really did some nice things with synth. I always preferred to listen to fusion when I was laying back and "relaxing".

You're welcome, it was my pleasure. I've been locked out of most players except Soundclick. I thought about a different OS and getting faster service, but I guess I'll just wait until my provider threatens to cut me off.

#173452 by GuitarMikeB
Thu May 17, 2012 1:09 pm
I remember the day (August 1974!) that I dropped some acid and went to a music store to 'try out' a Mini Moog. They didn't have any headphones, so they plugged it into an amp. I had never played one before, so after an hour, I was just learning what some of the controls did. I was floating above the clouds when the guy came over to me and asked if I could turn it down a bit (I saw there were some old folks in the store looking at some pianos or something).
After about 2 hours of fiddling around, I told the guy I would be back with some cash (wish I had actually had some money to buy it), then left and went to my band's practice session where I told them I was leaving the next week for college. What a freakin' day!

#173491 by JCP61
Thu May 17, 2012 8:18 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:I remember the day (August 1974!) that I dropped some acid and went to a music store to 'try out' a Mini Moog. They didn't have any headphones, so they plugged it into an amp. I had never played one before, so after an hour, I was just learning what some of the controls did. I was floating above the clouds when the guy came over to me and asked if I could turn it down a bit (I saw there were some old folks in the store looking at some pianos or something).
After about 2 hours of fiddling around, I told the guy I would be back with some cash (wish I had actually had some money to buy it), then left and went to my band's practice session where I told them I was leaving the next week for college. What a freakin' day!

do you remember what the cost of a Mini Moog was in 74'?

#173546 by GuitarMikeB
Fri May 18, 2012 12:17 pm
I think it was around $1200, but I could be wrong.