This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#172597 by Skynyrd LesPaul
Wed May 09, 2012 6:31 pm
I've tried looking for a source for backing tracks and have found some but not what I'm looking for really. There is one at karaoke.version.com that you can add and remove different instruments but to get a decent library is pretty dang spendy! At almost $4.00 bucks a pop and having to settle for not what you're really looking for... Anyhow, does any one have an outlet for this type thing?

Thanks!

#172605 by Skynyrd LesPaul
Wed May 09, 2012 9:31 pm
Cool, Thanks, with just a quick look I found a couple that grab me and I'm sure I'll find more or start learning some new material. I'm kinda all over the place and more of a deep cut player. Have any others? Maybe with some more obscure stuff?

#172727 by MikeTalbot
Fri May 11, 2012 1:53 am
Jerry

That is a great site. I'm finding backing tracks for bands like Montrose and Megadeth. That will do!

thx
Talbot

#172729 by jsantos
Fri May 11, 2012 2:03 am
MikeTalbot wrote:Jerry

That is a great site. I'm finding backing tracks for bands like Montrose and Megadeth. That will do!

thx
Talbot

Glad you can make use of it my friend. Between this site and my sequencer, I have all the practice tracks need. Can you imagine if we had these resources when we started years ago?

#172824 by MikeTalbot
Sat May 12, 2012 12:14 am
I've thought about it a lot.

I can remember slowing records down and scribbling lylrics in a notebook. Haunting music stores looking for decent chord books. Chord books? Seems ridiculous now as the web is crawling with good sites full of theory plus chord and scale diagrams and every song you can think of - with lyrics.

You pretty much needed good gear - the cheap guitars were really shitty but now you can get a decent axe for a couple hundred bucks. By decent I mean with a playable neck and just good enough pickups. I saw a Marshall practice amp for 89.00 the other day.

Talbot