This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#171560 by JCP61
Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:54 am
Marcus,
We just did the rounds on this.
I think you will find a guitar solo on every BM page you click on

#171563 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:12 am
That was pretty arrogant. Do I have your permission to download that backing track and show you how a real guitarist would approach approach it from a musical standpoint? It was actually a cool track,,, until the guitar started blowing off course.

LMFAO!

#171564 by JCP61
Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:14 am
I think his video said he played all the instruments.

#171567 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:39 am
YEAH, but that was about a guit solo. SOOO. What's you point JC?

#171568 by JCP61
Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:44 am
I guess my point is;
why would you need his help to show how much better you are?

"Competitions are for horses, not artists."
Bela Bartok

#171569 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:57 am
I don't need his help, and if anything the guy has talent. We are all just different. You have your good points too. This is the same thing as Sean.

I don't care if you play a gaziillion notes, It only takes one to make it music.

Technical ability does NOT necessarily translate into musicality. Marcus is missing the point by coming on here not seeing the good things some of you players are doing.

I'm totally impressed by some of the musicians here. Not Marcus, not just yet.

#171572 by JCP61
Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:03 pm
he's okay if you like tapping.
For some people, you don't play electric guitar if you don't do the tapping thing.
personally i think it's a lot of sweat for no work.
but I ain't sold ant tickets either.

#171617 by Marcus Curtis
Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:43 pm
JCP61 wrote:Marcus,

I have not used the forum much here. I posted a few times. Help me out as I am fairly new here. What do you mean be We just did the rounds on this? did I post in the wrong place or something? Did I break any rules?

#171619 by Cajundaddy
Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:48 pm
Marcus Curtis wrote:

I have not used the forum much here. I posted a few times. Help me out as I am fairly new here. What do you mean be We just did the rounds on this? did I post in the wrong place or something? Did I break any rules?

Here you go:
http://forum.bandmix.com/viewtopic.php?t=20242
#171620 by Marcus Curtis
Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:02 pm
GLEN J wrote:That was pretty arrogant. Do I have your permission to download that backing track and show you how a real guitarist would approach approach it from a musical standpoint? It was actually a cool track,,, until the guitar started blowing off course.

LMFAO!

I find your post rude and insulting. Didn't your mama teach you any manners? Or do you just go through life being a dick? No you can't download the track. I wrote the song and played all the parts even the drums. I have the copyright for it too. I highly doubt you are a real guitarist. How could you totally miss the point of this post? The idea was to see other peoples videos in one location. Why don?t you put something up here to see? After all that is what I asked for. i think it is funny that you call me arrogant. You should take a good long look in the mirror!

GLEN J wrote:I don't need his help, and if anything the guy has talent. We are all just different. You have your good points too. This is the same thing as Sean.
I don't care if you play a gaziillion notes, It only takes one to make it music.
Technical ability does NOT necessarily translate into musicality. Marcus is missing the point by coming on here not seeing the good things some of you players are doing.
I'm totally impressed by some of the musicians here. Not Marcus, not just yet.

How is it you did not see the original post? Did you just click on the link and not read what I wrote? I asked to see other videos BECAUSE I LIKE TO WATCH OTHER PEOPLE PLAY!! I put one video up. And I have watched other videos in this forum.

Technical ability does NOT necessarily translate into musicality. Translation I can't play crap and I get mad at those who can!!!!!
Why don't you post a video and let's see this gift you have of being a real guitarist. That probably would be more constructive then picking on the newbees in the forum.
Last edited by Marcus Curtis on Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#171621 by Marcus Curtis
Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:03 pm
double post due to debug error
Last edited by Marcus Curtis on Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#171622 by Marcus Curtis
Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:06 pm
Thejohnny7band wrote:
Marcus Curtis wrote:

Here you go:
http://forum.bandmix.com/viewtopic.php?t=20242

ok thanks Johnny
#171625 by Cajundaddy
Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:34 pm
Marcus Curtis wrote:
Technical ability does NOT necessarily translate into musicality. Translation I can't play crap and I get mad at those who can!!!!!

Not exactly Marcus. Translation: There is truly no accounting for taste in music.

I do appreciate a player with chops but personally I could listen to this guy all day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIwYGZlBw9Y

His music moves me yet it is very simple. On the other side of the spectrum we have Yngwie Malmsteen. I would rather put shards of glass in my ears than listen to him play. Incredible technical ability and yet his music is beyond annoying.

I think this is what Glen was trying to say. To each his own.
:)
#171626 by Marcus Curtis
Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:53 pm
Thejohnny7band wrote:
Marcus Curtis wrote:

Not exactly Marcus. Translation: There is truly no accounting for taste in music.

I do appreciate a player with chops but personally I could listen to this guy all day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIwYGZlBw9Y

His music moves me yet it is very simple. On the other side of the spectrum we have Yngwie Malmsteen. I would rather put shards of glass in my ears than listen to him play. Incredible technical ability and yet his music is beyond annoying.

I think this is what Glen was trying to say. To each his own.
:)

Actually Johnny I got to agree with you on the point that technical ability does not translate into musicality.

I was just responding about his comments of me even daring to post a video on this forum and how I was really arrogant for doing so. Then his comments about calling himself a real guitar player after calling me arrogant. He does not even know me. The comment you quoted was more directed towards his frame of mind. It was not meant to be something to apply to music in general.

But i am sorry for the misunderstanding