This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#162620 by fisherman bob
Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:07 pm
I hadn't checked Myspace for many months. Out of curiosity I went there on my phone (Android device). What a bunch of worthless drivel! It has turned into an advertisement for pop music. I browsed people, nothing but teenagers. Utterly worthless piece of crap to me.

#162623 by gbheil
Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:24 pm
X2 Bob
Except I've not wasted a moment to follow up on it.

I always had issues with them anyway. Could not log into my own site and received no help or consideration from administration.
#162657 by gbheil
Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:13 am
Dizzizz wrote:
fisherman bob wrote: It has turned into an advertisement for pop music.

Justin Timberlake owns it now, what do you expect?

:lol:

Another great reason to avoid it like the plague.

#162688 by RhythmMan-2
Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:53 pm
They ruined MySpace.
Anytime I visit, my "IN" box - which USED TO BE messages just from actual friends I often conversed with - is now always full of advertisements for CDs and concerts and stuff.
Yeah, it's all music-related, but those should be considered bulletons, and not messages.
I already have information overload; I don't need to know about where every performer on earth will appear - California, Chicago, Florida - they all send me notices of where they're playing, and they all want to tel me of their latest CD.
Jeez, 1/2 of them are playing styles of music I'd never listen to anyway; why on earth would I want to follow their carreers?
#163377 by ric_kemper
Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:08 pm
MySpace seems to be on a downward spiral. What's a cool site to upload your music to now though? I tried FaceBook but it's all "aps" or something & they seem to be run by reverbnation, and that site keeps asking you for $s, i find that very irritating. Is there no site just for music with a music chart that just rates songs by plays & nothing else? Like in the good old days (& despite payola). MOG looks quite good but it is a USA site only no go for the UK :-| used to get real feedback from real artists on MySpace but it's ossified into a static site, i think it just lost the buzz or something, & then there's all those acts they practically force down your throat while you're trying to log in - can see why folks get fed up with it

:-o

#163382 by jimmydanger
Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:34 pm
I still have music parked there but that's it. Mostly use fb for friends, and BandMix for stimulating conversations lol.

#163404 by PierceG
Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:48 am
I'm not on any Social Networking site, but I post at about six different message boards under various handles. Love them.