This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#162184 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:16 pm
Energy! ... The ability to power our amps, and drive our cars to the stores, and play on our computers, and heat our homes, and land a man on different celestial land mass, and feed all of mankind.
In the old days, it was done by conquering a people and enslaving them to work the fields and driving the grindstone to free up the horses and mules for more important things.... Warfare and more enslavement.
I am stunned by the policies and path that this country and the worlds nations have taken to understanding this simple equation.
European nations have signed a global warming "CAP AND TRADE " agreement. Starting last week all airline tickets to the European nations cost 33 dollars more to pay for this "AGREEMENT" This amounts to nothing more than a tax in the name of saving the planet Earth. The question is,,, who the hell is collecting all this money and how the hell is this going to save our planet!!!! Talk about theft and misguided TAXES.
Obama is a HUGE proponent of "CAP AND TRADE". He has openly stated that such an agreement will necessarily raise our energy costs. How about $20 dollars a gallon for gas, or heating oil. How about a dollar a minute to watch TV or run a 60 watt light bulb. How about the fact that a small chicken for dinner,used to be 3$, now due to transportation, production, storage, market, and all the other cost of producing FOOD,,,,, That same chicken is costing about 9$ around here. Talk about all the pain and suffering these food prices are causing AMERICANS especially the elderly. WAIT 'TILL ENERGY PRICES DOUBLE AGAIN! Yeah go ahead and and pass "CAP AND TRADE" It will just be another tax that will only fill the pockets of a few in the quest for global domination. Go ahead laugh,,,, while you still have enough food to barely stay alive.

This administration is following a path of treason to the American people. This Administration wants all of us financially weakened by treasonous energy policies that endanger not only our daily way of life but the whole world by usurping our leadership role that can lead us into the 25 century,,, of complete chaos due to energy needs. WWWHHHAATT. You are nuts Glenny.......... No I'm not.

The EPA has made drill permit times go from 2 weeks to up to 2 years. We have more oil reserves than Saudi Arabia. Nat gas, we have more here than any where in the world, a 100 years worth. Coal, Obama promised in 08 that he was elected, he was going to put the coal miners "OUT OF BUSINESS". Over 50% of our electricity come from coal powered plants. Go ahead and plug you new "GREEN" electric car in. TO WHAT???? Our EPA is shutting down old coal electric plants as fast as CHINA is putting up even dirtier burning ones. HELLO, Which way does the wind blow? Nuclear? FOGEDABOUT IT. The NRC doesn't want any new plants, they want to close the ones that are running. Wind power,Solar, GREAT. Except they are out of the reach of the average American and at this point in time the only people that can afford them are people subsidized by tax dollars that come from the same people that can't afford them. The average solar panel with inverter,(electrical converter) runs about 750$. The average home needs about 50 panels to "BREAK EVEN".

OK,,, So GLENNY why would you cal this TREASONOUS?
Because every energy policy we are following is hurting every Americans welfare. We are no longer talking about just staying warm in the winter or cool in the summer,,, Now we are talking about food.
Here is the kicker! The one National Think Tank, The one national brain trust we had. The one agency that even with monumental waste has produced more good in my life time than I could list has been defunded and systematically dismembered. That one agency that can lead us into the 25 century, but for now it is crippled, is NASA. Treason? yes because this all adds up to fundamentally destroying AMERICA, destroying AMERICAN LIVES, and an attempt at destroying all hope, for hope, and all change for the good.

If you all want to elect a president that lead us into darkness,,, That is what you will get.
I don't see any leaders on the horizon. God help us all.

#162186 by jimmydanger
Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:56 pm
Europeans have been paying five dollars a gallon for years, while Americans have been driving gas guzzlers at a much lower cost per gallon. We need to raise the money to invest in alternative sources of energy, and the best way to do that is to raise the taxes on fossil fuels, especially gasoline. Anyone with half a brain knows that these are finite resources that will be gone by the end of this century, if not sooner. Solar, wind and nuclear power are the future. Mass transit should be the rule, not the exception.

#162198 by JCP61
Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:15 pm
jimmydanger wrote:Europeans have been paying five dollars a gallon for years, while Americans have been driving gas guzzlers at a much lower cost per gallon. We need to raise the money to invest in alternative sources of energy, and the best way to do that is to raise the taxes on fossil fuels, especially gasoline. Anyone with half a brain knows that these are finite resources that will be gone by the end of this century, if not sooner. Solar, wind and nuclear power are the future. Mass transit should be the rule, not the exception.

everything in this post is propaganda

if dinosaurs are the source of hydrocarbon based fuels
where did these titan Saturn lagest moon come from?

there is absolutely no evidence of fossils several miles below the earths crust yet they finding oil there. (average Siberian oil well 8 miles depth, yep lots a dino's down there)
why?
cause like all the other minerals and compounds, the earth makes them.
show me the evidence to the contrary. until peak oil THEORY, and I repeat theory....
everyone agreed they were generated by alkaline precipitation.
and no proof have been offered to refute it.
peak oil THEORY, was proposed but never proven. by a Texas oil man/geologist for obvious reasons.
look it up
please show me the golden dinosaur and I will believe that's where gold comes from.
love nukes but lets be honest, once it's out of the containment no known technology can clean it up.

how long have we had electric motors and propellers??
almost 150 years. if that could power a modern nation we would have millions of them, and making plenty of money doing it.
and you would be crying that your birds are all dead and you can't see the clouds.

#162200 by jimmydanger
Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:30 pm
Everything about your post screams ignorance and misinformation. It's common knowledge where fossil fuels come from, hence their name. Fossils older than 550 million years are rare because most life forms didn't explode until the Cambrian period. Before that most life was algae-like that doesn't fossilize well. Cambrian rocks can be found at the bottom of the Grand Canyon, which is only a couple of miles, so of course there aren't fossils below that. Thanks for the chuckle.
Last edited by jimmydanger on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#162201 by JCP61
Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:38 pm
jimmydanger wrote:Everything about your post screams ignorance and misinformation. It's common knowlodge where fossil fuels come from, hence their name. Fossils older than 550 million years are rare because most life forms didn't explode until the Cambrian period. Before that most life was algae-like that doesn't fossilize well. Cambrian rocks can be found at the bottom of the Grand Canyon, which is only a couple of miles, so of course there aren't fossils below that. Thanks for the chuckle.

start again..
floor elevation of the grand canyon is 2600 ft
about a 1/2 mile ABOVE sea level
my house is lower than that.

Non sequitur your facts are uncoordinated

#162202 by jimmydanger
Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:57 pm
The whole area of the Grand Canyon has undergound a dramatic lift probably because of plate techtonics (and why it's above sea level. All of the rocks were once at the bottom of the sea). In fact it was this action that created the Grand Canyon: as the land rose, the Colorado river cut deeper into the rock, all the way down to the Cambrian rocks. Beyond the Cambrian layer are rocks that up to two billion years old. This info is readlily available on the Internet, please do some research.

At least read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Canyon

#162214 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:32 pm
jimmydanger wrote:Europeans have been paying five dollars a gallon for years, while Americans have been driving gas guzzlers at a much lower cost per gallon. We need to raise the money to invest in alternative sources of energy, and the best way to do that is to raise the taxes on fossil fuels, especially gasoline. Anyone with half a brain knows that these are finite resources that will be gone by the end of this century, if not sooner. Solar, wind and nuclear power are the future. Mass transit should be the rule, not the exception.

Jimmy we have the resources to develop futuristic energy sources. Europeans have been using energy taxes as a way to avoid and compensate for income taxes. Both are just about control and free spending waste. In the mean whilst the cost of every thing especially food is skyrocketing. All the people and especially the majority of folks that don't make a 100 grand or more are getting clocked. Thats most of us Americans. Instead of adopting a long range forward looking energy policy to secure our future, people like you are led to believe we should just add a new tax. Sorry that will not solve the problem. As for Solar and Wind power at this point in time it needs more development but is not going to solve any of our short time needs. If we can't develop an energy resource to replace fossil fuels within the next hundred years.... then the human race deserves to die.
I am amazed that this got down to a factual debate about bullshit. Thats what wrong with the world and our country. Thats why we have no leaders on the horizon. :(
#162221 by PaperDog
Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:43 pm
GLEN TROUBLE J wrote:Energy! ... The ability to power our amps, and drive our cars to the stores, and play on our computers, and heat our homes, and land a man on different celestial land mass, and feed all of mankind.
In the old days, it was done by conquering a people and enslaving them to work the fields and driving the grindstone to free up the horses and mules for more important things.... Warfare and more enslavement.
I am stunned by the policies and path that this country and the worlds nations have taken to understanding this simple equation.
European nations have signed a global warming "CAP AND TRADE " agreement. Starting last week all airline tickets to the European nations cost 33 dollars more to pay for this "AGREEMENT" This amounts to nothing more than a tax in the name of saving the planet Earth. The question is,,, who the hell is collecting all this money and how the hell is this going to save our planet!!!! Talk about theft and misguided TAXES.
Obama is a HUGE proponent of "CAP AND TRADE". He has openly stated that such an agreement will necessarily raise our energy costs. How about $20 dollars a gallon for gas, or heating oil. How about a dollar a minute to watch TV or run a 60 watt light bulb. How about the fact that a small chicken for dinner,used to be 3$, now due to transportation, production, storage, market, and all the other cost of producing FOOD,,,,, That same chicken is costing about 9$ around here. Talk about all the pain and suffering these food prices are causing AMERICANS especially the elderly. WAIT 'TILL ENERGY PRICES DOUBLE AGAIN! Yeah go ahead and and pass "CAP AND TRADE" It will just be another tax that will only fill the pockets of a few in the quest for global domination. Go ahead laugh,,,, while you still have enough food to barely stay alive.

This administration is following a path of treason to the American people. This Administration wants all of us financially weakened by treasonous energy policies that endanger not only our daily way of life but the whole world by usurping our leadership role that can lead us into the 25 century,,, of complete chaos due to energy needs. WWWHHHAATT. You are nuts Glenny.......... No I'm not.

The EPA has made drill permit times go from 2 weeks to up to 2 years. We have more oil reserves than Saudi Arabia. Nat gas, we have more here than any where in the world, a 100 years worth. Coal, Obama promised in 08 that he was elected, he was going to put the coal miners "OUT OF BUSINESS". Over 50% of our electricity come from coal powered plants. Go ahead and plug you new "GREEN" electric car in. TO WHAT???? Our EPA is shutting down old coal electric plants as fast as CHINA is putting up even dirtier burning ones. HELLO, Which way does the wind blow? Nuclear? FOGEDABOUT IT. The NRC doesn't want any new plants, they want to close the ones that are running. Wind power,Solar, GREAT. Except they are out of the reach of the average American and at this point in time the only people that can afford them are people subsidized by tax dollars that come from the same people that can't afford them. The average solar panel with inverter,(electrical converter) runs about 750$. The average home needs about 50 panels to "BREAK EVEN".

OK,,, So GLENNY why would you cal this TREASONOUS?
Because every energy policy we are following is hurting every Americans welfare. We are no longer talking about just staying warm in the winter or cool in the summer,,, Now we are talking about food.
Here is the kicker! The one National Think Tank, The one national brain trust we had. The one agency that even with monumental waste has produced more good in my life time than I could list has been defunded and systematically dismembered. That one agency that can lead us into the 25 century, but for now it is crippled, is NASA. Treason? yes because this all adds up to fundamentally destroying AMERICA, destroying AMERICAN LIVES, and an attempt at destroying all hope, for hope, and all change for the good.

If you all want to elect a president that lead us into darkness,,, That is what you will get.
I don't see any leaders on the horizon. God help us all.

If I ever get my hands on more than 1 acre of property, I am gonna buy me a 'Farming For Dummies' book and grow my own chicken and vegatable dinners... I will build a small windmill to power my generator ...
8)

#162224 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:44 pm
PHLUCK THAT, Buy yourself a bunch of Mossberg 500's. :lol:

#162226 by JCP61
Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:11 am
jimmydanger wrote:The whole area of the Grand Canyon has undergound a dramatic lift probably because of plate techtonics (and why it's above sea level. All of the rocks were once at the bottom of the sea). In fact it was this action that created the Grand Canyon: as the land rose, the Colorado river cut deeper into the rock, all the way down to the Cambrian rocks. Beyond the Cambrian layer are rocks that up to two billion years old. This info is readlily available on the Internet, please do some research.

At least read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Canyon

this article is qualified a speculative by it's own admission.

nothing in the article indicates life migrated to depths of 4, 6 or 10 miles below any sea level,
while there is great evidence that the surface of the earth has been covered over by sediments then thrust high in the air.
there is no phenomenon I ever heard of that causes the surface of continents and all it's life to sink below the earths crust. seems to be quite the opposite
maybe you could point to some research of that kind.

#162233 by MikeTalbot
Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:04 am
I just don't want to get grease all over my guitar...

Talbot

#162286 by Slacker G
Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:00 am
Politicians are the excrement in the river of life that wash up on your beautiful white sandy beach.

#162294 by PaperDog
Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:22 am

Back when Ben Franklin was growing his first crop of one-hundred dollar bills... and when he discovered the power of electricity, , we had a boatload of nay sayers who feared it and if left to their ways, would have bounced Electricity out of the equation... Thanks God that they lost their cause...

Today , We have discovered Nuclear power...and once again... a bunch of whiny -assed nay-Sayers, keep us from developing advanced methods of its use. I mean, can you imagine how cost efficient Airline transportation could be, if jets went nuclear powered? (We already have it for submarines and ships) . The problem today, is how to control the fission/fusion issues... But, you would think that folks would gladly invest in programs to solve that, right? The trouble is...they have... Just like they donate to cancer funding...which NEVER gives us a cure...

Make no mistake....We Have the abilities...But there is NO money in that for the Washington Jack-asses who take bribes from the oil industry...

No matter how green, lean or pristine we wanna be..., Uncle Scam is burning the candle at A and Z.

#162473 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:43 pm
Make no mistake this goes way beyond the oil industry.
We have the EPA running block.
No drilling, permits that used to take two weeks, can take two years.
Fracking for Nat Gas, the EPA has slowed that to a grind.
New refineries, permitting times are ridiculous.
Canadian Oil pipe line, two years in review, not likely,that oil is going to China.
Coal, Obama promised in 08 that if he was elected he would put the coal miners OUT OF BUSINESS! The miners aren't stupid,,, It's being shipped to CHINA. 51 % of American electricity is produced from coal. Plug your green electric car into that.
Nuclear.... The EPA won't allow it.
Wind farms, The EPA is stepping on that.
Solar, great if you can afford it and you don't kill to many trees to open the Earth up to GLOBAL COOLING.

The answers are in the future, But not the way things are going now.