This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#5993 by Jay21
Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:38 pm
I'm looking for any musicians in the atlanta,georgia area check out my profile and contact me if you're interested.

#5995 by SDavis22
Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:50 pm
Hey buddy, korn already took care of that for you. Why don't you go ask your parents what they listened to... you might hear music with substance (I know it may be hard to digest music that doesn't personify your immaturity/teen angst). Unless you plan on educating yourself on how to really play music and to know at least a little bit of its history then do the music industry a favor and drop off the face of the earth. And that goes for any idiot Numetal fan. I'm sick of morons who willfully destroy music just to get a little 'scream-therapy' (and that's what it is - save it for your psychologist) and actually make a little money off people who are dumb enough to buy into it.

#6010 by Jay21
Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:44 am
And excatly who the f**k are you? and what makes you think you can actually come on somes post and criticize them,you're just showing how immature you are and also how big of a loser you are.So I have a suggestion for you shut the f**k up and mind your own buisness and get a life.Now walk out your mother's basement get a place of your own and stop bitchn' about something you don't understand.

#6014 by gexclamationpoint
Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:37 pm
you know, at first i was going to tell davis that he went to far, and talk about how everyone has different influences.

but hell, your first 2 influences are slipknot and korn. i thought people grew out of them by the time they were 14, along with linkin park and evanescence.

step outside of hot topic once in a while, and you might find that the only darkness in this world comes from places LIKE hot topic that tries to influence your thoughts with their cheap gothic/numetal merch.

numetal isnt dead. it was never alive in the first place. fake emotion, fake anger, real hypocrosy.

#6038 by SDavis22
Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:11 am
DeadSickMetalHead wrote:And excatly who the f**k are you? and what makes you think you can actually come on somes post and criticize them,you're just showing how immature you are and also how big of a loser you are.So I have a suggestion for you shut the f**k up and mind your own buisness and get a life.Now walk out your mother's basement get a place of your own and stop bitchn' about something you don't understand.

DeadSickMetalHead,
You're screen name says it all... you don't even realize you're a walking cliche. I see you have some questions/opinions I'd like to address. The very fact you were so offended by a complete stranger is humorous to me! I'll start from the top...

My name is Seth Davis, thanks for asking (though you could have learned that from my profile). The first amendment to the constitution makes me believe that I can reply to your post and criticize you (It doesn't say 'post if you want to compliment this genius'). It's also funny when people who have nothing to say simply send back the original statement (calling me immature). Apparently I ruffled your feathers... correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I've gathered from your rampant use of expletives. Also, I don't know how to shut the 'f**k' up because that's an incoherent statement (try using commas instead of 'and' so much!) My Mother doesn't have a basement nor do I live at home. And the last sentence doesn't apply to me because, and I'm sure I'm not alone (g!), it is you who doesn't understand music. Like I said, save the tirade for your psychologist!

#6091 by Blind Witchery
Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:23 am
I totally agree with you Seth Davis and G!

Nu metal is really a way of screaming your lungs out cause of people like us, badmouthing nu metal kids, and badmouthing that poser trendy store hot topic.

Really, I feel that nu metal is not a musical label at all. It's mainly all super low tuned guitars hitting nothing but the E and A strings. I hear that some kids say that there is more "crunch" to guitars beign low tuned but thats why theres EQ's on amps. The HORRIBLE CONSTANT screaming. The lame swearing in lyrics.

I mean, come on, WHAT IS THERE TO BE PISSED ABOUT??

Also you say that Seth here is immature? You seem to be judging Seth that he is immature and knows nothing about your bad taste in music. If I remembered correctly, Slipknot has lyrics about "dont judge me" and "'f**k' this world", how can you follow a band that has those lyrics? But I guess thats why nu metal kids are so angry at everything.

YOU judge others, how can you "'f**k' this world", (which basically means dont trust noone, dont have faith in anything) when you think you can be in the music business, trying to get others together to form a band TO BE IN THE MUSIC BUSINESS.

#6103 by Casey of Black Santa
Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:03 pm
on the lighter side of things. deadsick, you're from Georgia right? have you heard Harvey Milk? they are from Athens, GA and they are metal but they are actually worth listening to. they are 40-something not 15 so they've actually lived and have been through things to be angry and sad about. they can write good music too, like piano peices and play Leonard Cohen songs (on an acoustic, not a BC Rich Worlock).

so yeah, in your own state there is greast music that MTV doesn't care about because little kids won't dig it or get it and they aren't afraid of showing real emotion. check them out. maybe you'll hear something possitive.