This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#156440 by Nuclear_Sun
Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:11 pm
If everyone could please, PLEASE, stop listing instruments you don't want to play in your "instruments played" information on the profiles. It's the only way we have of searching for people who play an instrument for positions we want to fill. It's not a place for you to list all the crap you've ever picked up once and fooled around with. We're all very impressed that you took a music class in elementary school and played the tuba and bassoon and stuff, but I'm tired of messaging people who have a thousand instruments on their list and getting the reply "I just want to do vocals right now". At LEAST mention that in your profile.

Thank you.
#156448 by PaperDog
Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:22 pm
Nuclear_Sun wrote:If everyone could please, PLEASE, stop listing instruments you don't want to play in your "instruments played" information on the profiles. It's the only way we have of searching for people who play an instrument for positions we want to fill. It's not a place for you to list all the crap you've ever picked up once and fooled around with. We're all very impressed that you took a music class in elementary school and played the tuba and bassoon and stuff, but I'm tired of messaging people who have a thousand instruments on their list and getting the reply "I just want to do vocals right now". At LEAST mention that in your profile.

Thank you.

Hey, Good Luck with that...

#156456 by Lynard Dylan
Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:28 pm
I'm a damn good kazoo player, and more than just picked up
the recorder and the clarinet....ok I'll take the clarinet off :oops:

#156538 by gbheil
Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:19 pm
Realistically in order for the search function be beneficial to use, you should ignore all that bullshit and just message ANYONE whom has been active in your area in the last 48 hours.
Check it daily. And message anyone whom is new.
Continue this process for several months like I did and you may build a band.
Worked for me and I'm not special, just tenacious.

#156688 by Nuclear_Sun
Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:42 pm
Nonsense. I think you're special :P

#156708 by Slacker G
Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:36 pm
There are a good many musicians performing on bandstands who are "playing" instruments that they haven't learned to play. So why pick on Bandmix musicians? Just 'cause we're easy? :)