This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#155853 by Chaeya
Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:49 pm
I know I haven't been here in a while, because this time hasn't been easy for me, so I've been laying low. As if my own issues haven't been hard enough, for those of you who haven’t seen my Facebook, I have horrible news that my bass player (No’Fass on Bass) Theron Brison was murdered sometime Thursday night while at work. He wasn’t just an incredible bass player, he spent his life helping other people recover from their addictions. He was found Friday morning by his co-workers upon arriving to work. They arrested another co-worker in connection with his murder.

This sets me on a different path because you don’t just replace a bass player like Theron, he was a vital member of my band, and the magic we had left with him. This doesn’t mean Cisco and I will stop doing music, it will just be a different phase in our life. Thanks for supporting us.

Here’s Theron’s professional profile: http://www.mfirecovery.com/ourpeople_1.asp?id=25

Here’s an article about the murder: http://www.pe.com/local-news/breaking-n ... nselor.ece

You can also check out the nice tribute they gave him over at Funk Music News, and you can see from the comments all the people he touched. http://funkmusicnews.wordpress.com/2011 ... /#comments

Theron's soul should be smiling if he feels all the outpouring of love that has been coming his way.

Chaeya

#155854 by jimmydanger
Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:57 pm
So sad to hear this, sorry for your loss Chaeya.

#155855 by Jahva
Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:18 pm
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. From reading the article and comments posted sounds like he will be missed by many whose lives he touched.
Shame to lose such a valuable person in this sometimes rotten world. :(

#155857 by J-HALEY
Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:27 pm
Sorry to hear you lost a friend and bandmate. I also lost a bandmate in 07 to brain cancer.

#155861 by Slacker G
Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:40 pm
I'm sorry to hear that. A friend of mine recently went to the hospital for a bleeding ulcer. They found that he was riddled with cancer and has very little time left, perhaps only weeks.

Illness is always a terrible way to loose someone, but something like an unexpected death is even more devastating.

He looks like a very kind man, even from his picture.
Last edited by Slacker G on Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#155862 by Black57
Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:41 pm
:( Chay, this is just devestating to read about. I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine why a human being can bring harm to another human being. It makes no sense, but know that I ache for you and everyone who knew him. I did miss your presence.

#155867 by PaperDog
Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:06 pm
Chaeya,

I am truly, very deeply sorry for this tragedy... and for you and Cisco. There just aren't any words for how sad this is...

Stay Strong, both of you. Let time decide the path of tomorrow. ... For now, many hearts involved here need to swim together for the shore.

Please don't lose touch with your friends here On bandmix

Peace and love to you Chaeya

#155875 by Chaeya
Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:05 pm
Thanks for all of your kind words. I'm not leaving here, but sometimes I tend to not have much to say. This is a horrible tragedy, but the best way we can honor Theron is by moving on because that's what he would have wanted. It's definitely not easy.

Take care of yourselves because the world is stressed out right now and the planets are creating a very unstable, aggressive energy. There are some positive things happening, but that also means some very horrible things will happen as well. Some people don't know how to take responsibility for their emotions and get comfortable projecting them onto other people, innocent people; that it's okay to inflict violence because they're hurting inside. They don't bother to think that perhaps their victims or their victims' loved ones have their own issues and problems, most likely more than their own. Just because these individuals choose to act out their rage and anger, doesn't mean we have to follow suit. We must be vigilent as always and do whatever we need to do to protect ourselves, but we can still be compassionate and loving towards our fellow man. Theron was at a place where most people feel safe and secure such as a home or office, but we all know that isn't always enough. There's nothing we can really do here because if we happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, then that's just how it's going to be. But luckily, we can be like Theron and have people remembering all the good we've provided them.

Chaeya

#155877 by MikeTalbot
Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:27 pm
My sincere condolances. I've deeply disturbed and saddened to hear this.

Talbot

#155878 by RGMixProject
Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:23 pm

#155881 by Chaeya
Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:22 pm
Thanks RGM! That's so cool!

Chaeya

#155882 by jw123
Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:31 pm
C Im very very sorry, I hate to see any life wasted, it aint fair, it happens to the best people.

Please send my condolences to his family as a fellow musician.

I also hope you are doing OK, I know this is devastating, not just as a bass player but as someone close to you. The video or two I saw of you guys live, you could see the love that all of you had performing together.

Theres a redneck musician in TN thinking of Therons family, friends and you and Cisco.

GodSpeed Theron, Im sure he has an Alembic bass and pair of SVTs in bass heaven! Playing with Jimi, and Mitch as we type! Probably doing a amped up version of Little Wing or Angel!

#155887 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:50 pm
Chaeya,,, Cisco,,, Love,,, Glen&Gwen.

#155888 by Sir Jamsalot
Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:51 pm
wow. my condolences to you, your band and his family. :cry:

#155893 by fisherman bob
Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:58 am
...words cannot adequately describe the insanity of such an inexplicable act...as well as the depth of sadness one feels at such a profound loss...