This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#150228 by Zagan
Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:25 am
Ok I'm not whining or complaining here...I would just like to know why? I mean if they already got something going then ffs take the ad down or at least have the courtesy to reply and say they allready filled the postition.

I know I'm probably in one of the worst places to find musicians...but there are a few ads up in my area so WTF? I mean playing guitar is like sex...it's not nearly as much fun doin it by yerself.

Image

#150284 by gbheil
Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:44 pm
Reply to inquiry runs about 1:20

I think perhaps the majority just have no clue ... ya know what I mean.

#150339 by Doctor Pangloss
Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:33 pm
All anyone needs to do when they are NOT looking is edit their profile to say "Not looking". That seems easy enough.

#150346 by gbheil
Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:25 pm
Doctor Pangloss wrote:All anyone needs to do when they are NOT looking is edit their profile to say "Not looking". That seems easy enough.


First they have to care ... that seems to be the rub.
Too many self centric individuals or just plain posers.

#150356 by PaperDog
Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:13 am
sanshouheil wrote:
Doctor Pangloss wrote:All anyone needs to do when they are NOT looking is edit their profile to say "Not looking". That seems easy enough.


First they have to care ... that seems to be the rub.
Too many self centric individuals or just plain posers.


Good point. In addition to that, I think a lot of people are (at heart) still not comfortable (and maybe even secretly overwhelmed) with the online processes. Either the sites are too complicated and crapped out... or they are too simple...or the idea of paying a fee for practically doing nothing but cross referencing links... Some folks do not take it seriously.

I'm always caught between two schools... Sadly, I have a serious lazy side to me...and If I thought I could actually pull it off.. I might do my whole CD project through an online collaboration ... How cool would that be? On the other hand... How disassociated that would appear to many other artists..who relish the idea of in-person collaboration. I could work with either path... but in the end I still lean toward in-Person. Having said all that... As an in-person person :D, with some understanding of the technical cyber realm, I personally tend to be more conscientious about what I post and leave up for other people to read, etc.

#150366 by Crunchysoundbite
Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:10 am
I have recently found an important key to this. As a Premium member you Can answer inquiries. I have recently been freeloading (since June). I can't answer inquiries local or otherwise unless I want to do it on the forum. Ha! You know that won't happen! A lot of people on here are freeloaders like myself. Sorry, my apologies to the subscribers. I'll pay when I can justify it.

#150404 by gbheil
Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:36 pm
Crunchysoundbite wrote:I have recently found an important key to this. As a Premium member you Can answer inquiries. I have recently been freeloading (since June). I can't answer inquiries local or otherwise unless I want to do it on the forum. Ha! You know that won't happen! A lot of people on here are freeloaders like myself. Sorry, my apologies to the subscribers. I'll pay when I can justify it.


Lots of these guys are on the free script ... and I have been myself.
Not at all wrong with it.

But if your really want / need to find players one will need to be more proactive.

Simple stuff really.

#150462 by 1collaborator
Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:24 pm
I think a lot of people expect a reply within a couple of hours or even days, but my experience says your lucky to have them reply within the month and have had a few reply back after several months. It took me almost 3 years to get the band together. A little came from this site and a little came from craigs list . The drummer was an old friend who decided to come on after I was able to put a decent group together. Now everyone wants to be a part of it. I have had 8 singers and 12 drummers in the last 2 weeks ask to audition. Funny thing how that works.
I'm thankfull I was able to find some people that thinks exactly the way I do about things. Too many people have no common sense to speak of. They expect to come into a working band and start making a few bucks without working for it. I say screw em.
The next problem is getting 5 people on the same page when it comes to practice time and lifes burdens. With 7 days in a week it can be a challenge to get 5 together for 1 night of practice and near impossible for 2.

#150500 by Jahva
Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:20 am
At least you're finding people you're interested in. I've contacted one vocalist in 7 months that i seriously wanted to work with but the nearly 2 hour drive was a deal breaker. Keep grinding man, something’s going to give eventually. Besides players aren't always the most stable folk out there. Fickle and flaky at times imo.

#150512 by Chaeya
Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:42 pm
You really have to look at how active these people are on the site. They fill out a profile, but then they never come here or they stopped coming here a long time ago. If you send them a message, they may have listed an e-mail address that no longer works or they just never check their messages. So they never know you contacted them.

Then you just get people who just don't care for you or what you're doing, but they can't write and say they're not interested. So it's easier just not to say anything. One guy contacted me and he was terrible. I wrote and thanked him, but said that his music needed a lot of work and that he wouldn't work out. I said it as nice as I could and he wrote me back being an absolute jerk about it.

Just keep plugging and using different avenues, not just this one.

Chaeya

#150534 by PaperDog
Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:19 am
Jahva wrote:At least you're finding people you're interested in. I've contacted one vocalist in 7 months that i seriously wanted to work with but the nearly 2 hour drive was a deal breaker. Keep grinding man, something’s going to give eventually. Besides players aren't always the most stable folk out there. Fickle and flaky at times imo.


This is where "ONLINE COLLABORATION " may become the new priesthood. I'm seriously thinking about doing my entire CD project with players from all over the world.. God knows I ain't having any luck with meeting anyone in my own damn town... So I'm actually drafting up some ideas /requirements to pull it off. You know, I have a Christmas song and I'm thinking how cool it would be to layer in parts by everybody here on Band mix LOL! I'm seriously thinking about it...

#150536 by PaperDog
Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:23 am
Chaeya wrote:You really have to look at how active these people are on the site. They fill out a profile, but then they never come here or they stopped coming here a long time ago. If you send them a message, they may have listed an e-mail address that no longer works or they just never check their messages. So they never know you contacted them.

Then you just get people who just don't care for you or what you're doing, but they can't write and say they're not interested. So it's easier just not to say anything. One guy contacted me and he was terrible. I wrote and thanked him, but said that his music needed a lot of work and that he wouldn't work out. I said it as nice as I could and he wrote me back being an absolute jerk about it.

Just keep plugging and using different avenues, not just this one.

Chaeya


I got an email just the other day from a local bass player, (with quite a background...Saw picture of him gigging at House of blues) Anyway, he shows up on my digital audition and so I write him and ask "Hey Saw you on my list ,, are you interested in audition?...here's my number, etc... He says...Yeah I'm interested...I will call you later today>.. I NEVER heard back from him. That was a week ago.

#150924 by Jahva
Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:55 pm
This is where "ONLINE COLLABORATION " may become the new priesthood. I'm seriously thinking about doing my entire CD project with players from all over the world.. God knows I ain't having any luck with meeting anyone in my own damn town... So I'm actually drafting up some ideas /requirements to pull it off. You know, I have a Christmas song and I'm thinking how cool it would be to layer in parts by everybody here on Band mix LOL! I'm seriously thinking about it...[/quote]

I've thought about trying the same thing... I don't know much about the file formats but i would assume that using drop box and the same recording software... it could work. Maybe i should add pro-tools on my page and see what happens. :wink:

#150962 by philbymon
Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:46 pm
Short answer -

PEOPLE SUCK

#150972 by Starfish Scott
Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:35 pm
philbymon wrote:Short answer -

PEOPLE SUCK


I always laugh when I hear someone say his name, he looks like his nostrils are pipelines directly to his grey matter.

MARION BARRY DOESN'T LIKE THE COCAINE, he loves it.. LMAO MORE_MORE_MORE>.....

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest