This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#149595 by PMakaSmokeyP
Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:13 pm
Just thought I'd ask a random question about everyone's favorite song.

My fav is: Alone I Break by Korn, and always will be.

#149660 by fisherman bob
Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:22 pm
Too many favorites, but I like On The Road For Big Boy-Bill Blue, Royz Bluez-Roy Buchanon, The Messiah Will Come Again-Roy Buchanon, Yellow Coat- Screaming Jay Hawkins. What I'm in the mood for right now...

#149666 by gbheil
Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:48 am
So many good songs for so many good reasons.
I could never pick just one.

#149668 by Daniel Towsley
Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:20 am
That would be Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) by Eurythmics. And then the remake by Marilyn Manson.

#149683 by MikeTalbot
Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:04 am
Almost Honest by Megadeth. Where heavy metal meets the fundamentals of rock.

Talbot

#149705 by Casey Claypool
Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:54 pm
King Crimson, 21st century schitzoid man, mainly because it is progressive rock and it has an amazing drum part

#149707 by jimmydanger
Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:44 pm
Right on Casey! Although I think the question is ludicrous, maybe because I have over 1,000 LPs and 2,000 CDs and I've recorded over 20 CDs of my own. How could I ever pick a favorite?

#149716 by MikeTalbot
Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:53 am
Favorites are aways a moment in time. After a bit they are demoted to category: "List of tunes I really like."

How about favorite fun to play tunes? We all have songs we've played live that just kind of kick you into a nice spot, even if they're not your favorite for listening.

Marty Friedman of Megadeth said he really liked playing "Almost Honest" because it's such a fundamental, rock on the radio in CA summer, sort of tune. I'd agree - I learned it just cause it was so much fun.

My favorites to play are pretty much always my own though. How can it not be? For a cover Johnny Winter's "Good morning little school girl" is certainly a trip to play.

Talbot

#149758 by Black57
Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:57 am
Jahva wrote:I've been listening to some old tunes these days... Requiem Mass in D Minor especially the Lacrimosa even though Mozart didn't finish it... truly amazing music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1-TrAvp ... re=related

Good choice Jah...When it comes to classical I must say that it's Aaron Copeland's Hoedown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaamvQ62 ... re=related Although this really isn't classical, it made me appreciate classical music. I believe that the first live concert I have ever attended featured Hoedown. I was in the 4th grade and it sent chills down my spine. I thought it was amazing. I have many favorites and all of the music that I love is comparable to hoedown. I think of Hoe down as having a funkiness to it.

#149760 by Jahva
Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:08 pm
[quote="Black57I must say that it's Aaron Copeland's Hoedown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaamvQ62 ... re=related Although this really isn't classical, it made me appreciate classical music. I believe that the first live concert I have ever attended featured Hoedown. I was in the 4th grade and it sent chills down my spine. I thought it was amazing. I have many favorites and all of the music that I love is comparable to hoedown. I think of Hoe down as having a funkiness to it.[/quote]

Love Hoedown. It's as American as Johnny B Good. You got to at least toe-tap or foot stomp to it. Makes me want to get on a horse and git to ridin! :lol:

#149763 by jimmydanger
Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:36 pm
Since you guys went there, I would have to put Brahm's Symphony No.1 as my favorite classical piece, but again there are so many it's a pointless exercise. The Three B's - Bach, Beethoven and Brahms - were masters. If you want the best version of Brahm's masterpiece seek out Karajan and the Berlin Philharmonic. Don't get the one he recorded in the 80's, get the one recorded in 1963. Fantastic!

#149765 by gbheil
Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:47 pm
One of our newest SO MANY MILES seems to be stuck in my head of late ... I don't have a decent recording as of yet but I think you guys would really enjoy the dynamics as well as the lyrical content / message.

Got a CD from Fisherman Bob too, 8)