This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#147467 by Crunchysoundbite
Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:08 pm
I have decided not to renew my subscription to this site. It has been informative and helpful in areas I had questions, however, it has in my opinion, become stale and stagnant- (see forum headlines). It is a new season and I may be back next winter when this is the only thing left to do. Right now I am very active in my wood work shop, developing guitar bodies for specific purposes. I am finishing a guitar body that is excellent for those in wheel chairs or have the need for a guitar built for sitting with speed and control like no other previously produced! Standing performers will also get the benefit of control with a leg out or in semi crouched position as most lead guitarist get into when they're in high speed mode. I call it the "C- Leg". Using the best solid cherry I have ever witnessed, it is guaranteed not to warp, twist, bow, split, or be outdone (have more character than) the woodgrain I use, in this species. If you have anything made of cherry that you are impressed with it's woodgrain, post your pics on your profile and challenge me. I've got about 2 weeks to my subscription. Thank you to all my friends (and others) here at Bandmix. This is a good time to hammer me for my views. All are welcome. You may find my posts on sites that are guitar builder oriented. Crunch!

#147470 by Lynard Dylan
Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:42 pm
I didn't renew my subscription either, and am way to busy playing music,
to play on here like I did last winter. Yet still am able to come on and
comment occasionally. Your right not as many musical threads, if that's what you mean by stale and stagnant, and I have lowered myself to play the petty name calling game on some threads, my bad. On a hot day tho it is nice to come in and cool off and see if there is anything of interest
on the old bandmix site, and reply or not.
I'm not sure what kind of guitar you are building, but I have a friend in a wheelchair and life is hard for him. Any help you give the wheelchair
bound will have its own rewards.

#147483 by drag57
Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:09 pm
I feel as if i have gotten to know a few good people.we don`t need any
musicians but i think we`re going to stick around just to see what happends next.

#147486 by gbheil
Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:33 pm
Take care of yourself and drop by for a visit now and again.

Stale ... perhaps from some point of view.

Been a lot going on for Bob, and some of the other guys.

I hope to be posting new music & videos by the end of the year.

Best wishes.

#147511 by Crunchysoundbite
Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:03 pm
Lynard Dylan wrote:I didn't renew my subscription either, and am way to busy playing music,
to play on here like I did last winter. Yet still am able to come on and
comment occasionally. Your right not as many musical threads, if that's what you mean by stale and stagnant, and I have lowered myself to play the petty name calling game on some threads, my bad. On a hot day tho it is nice to come in and cool off and see if there is anything of interest
on the old bandmix site, and reply or not.
I'm not sure what kind of guitar you are building, but I have a friend in a wheelchair and life is hard for him. Any help you give the wheelchair
bound will have its own rewards.
Hey, Lynard, and others. I hope I didn't come off as offensive or even defensive with my post. I pretty much left it for assumption that I understood that there are much more gigs to go to for musicians, and to say that is a good thing is an understatement. I pray to God that the music business has a break out season, where all can prosper. I can play guitar, sometimes very well. Other times, not so much. I would crawl in a hole and die if I somehow got a captive audience and fell into one of my "not so much" tours. This (where I live) is not Siberia, however, people don't gather here to play music. My neighbor however sells illicit drugs, and has guests all day and night. His personality is dry and has "borrowed" my equipment from me without asking or returning, yet somehow it is worth people's time to stop by his place, or if they can't stop, they honk. I don't need friends like that. I need friends like yours, the one in the wheel chair. Does he play? If not, would he like to. If so, would you help him learn how? Thing is, a person in a chair is limited to what he/she can get their hands on and what they can fit in the chair with them. My brother just bought a dreadnought guitar and that's great for him, but for others, well, they just don't have that option. This is my calling. My guitars are built to be inconspicuous. There is nothing about them that says they are for chairs in their design. Although, if someone had special needs built in, I feel I'm the go to guy. I love my neighbor, even if he lives in Marionville, Missouri. Crunch :D

#147519 by fisherman bob
Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:12 pm
You should contiue posting on the Musical Gear and Tech Discussion part of the forum. I didn't know that you make guitars. When you say your "subscription" ends I assume you're talking about your premier membership. There's no preventing your posting as a free member. People do it all the time.

#147533 by Crunchysoundbite
Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:22 pm
I have a concern that I have offended people, (not that anyone has mentioned it), saying that the site is stale and stagnant. Problem is, I have dial up and not only does it take forever to download music samples from you up and comings and been there done thats which I love to hear, I'm limited to say the least. Just as I'm ready to unveil my first guitar body, my yard sale digital camera goes on the blink. I will post pics of this (TBA) from my camera phone. My fear is that the resolution won't do it justice. One more word about that guitar body is that it is custom- 100%, I will put a bolt on or neck through in it with all the electronic bells and whistles available. It may come included with a Midi control Knob that pushes a library of pre-recorded back-up, enabling a virtual one man/woman band. By the time I have all that together, it will be custom for me and not others. Yeah, Bob, I'm talking about premium sub. I may check in now and again. I don't want to be too much of a freeloader, and without dues, I will have an inferiority complex. I have posted on the "gear for sale"s and have not yet gotten one bite. As for your fishing, I think you would be sinkin' in a different hole. By the way, Good luck this season.. Fishin and otherwise! :D One more thing- Dump the Pfluger and get a Ryobi Baitcaster!

#147622 by fisherman bob
Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:44 pm
Never got into baitcasting gear. I had one years ago. I fish ultralight mainly but because I get the occasional monster I use Pfluegers and Ugly Sticks. They seem to handle the brutes very well. I know bass fisherman use the baitcasters a lot. There's nothing more satisfying and challenging than landing a 30 lb hog on 4 lb test. If you're patient the Pfluegers and Sticks can handle it well. (Along with Stren. Don't like Trilene at all...)

#147630 by Crunchysoundbite
Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:57 pm
Yeah, you got it, Stren mono-filament. Good stuff for catching fish. Baitcasters can be a bitch. they have an adjustable brake that lets the string out at a certain speed (depending on your adjustment and the weight of your bait. You know what you're doing, so this hardly counts as a suggestion.: I took an 11' pole mostly designed for sea fishing, put a Ryobi baitcaster on it and Stren mono, finished with a softcraw-about 3/4 oz. I used it like I was fly fishing, just clearing the water over the rapids where the water ripples. Bass couldn't stand letting them go at 7:15 in the morning. Please don't accuse me of SPAMMING you (like others on this site like to do). A good reason to leave this site.

#147634 by fisherman bob
Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:21 pm
My definition of SPAM is an automated response to a post. I'll assume that YOU are actually entering your posts, therefore NOT spamming.

#147637 by Crunchysoundbite
Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:05 pm
Thanks for clarifying with a definition that anyone should agree with. One more thing, I've never used an Ugly Stick but know of those that have. Heard nothing but good. I will have to try one , Thanks.

#147645 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:09 pm
Oh... an UGLY stick with SPAM, a little bit of chum, and your all set for some shark fishing! 8)

#147668 by Crunchysoundbite
Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:14 am
Need a good Shark recipe? Grill it 'til done. :)