This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#145281 by Tgrastirade
Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:19 pm
I couldn't find an introduction page so if I put this in the wrong section I am sorry.

Anyhoo,

My name is T'gra. I'm in NC. I have been playing bass for over 30 years. I am looking for an original band or members to form one. I have a paid subscription on here but I have not been having much luck. Only one person has been professional enough to respond to my message. I have been posting on Craigslist and everywhere else. Most people around here
just want to play covers.
I'm going to start visiting the board frequently and see if I can hook up with some musicians.
Have a good Easter,

T'gra

#145282 by gbheil
Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:34 pm
I was able to round out our band utilizing the search function.
It took months of near daily searches in my area and messaging any active members irreguardless of what their profile said.
( learned that the hard way )

Message response ration approximately 20:1

Enough dead wood to build another ark.

Welcome to the boards.
#145284 by Tgrastirade
Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:44 pm
Lol at "enough dead wood to build an ark"

#145307 by Hayden King
Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:36 am
Welcome and good luck. I'm too far away to do you any good... but I'm currently a homeless recording artist that's in the studio. Once I'm finished???

Keep lookin and keep in touch...

#145320 by Tgrastirade
Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:55 am
Hey there,

I moved here from KY 3 years ago.
Lived in CA my whole life before that.
It's warmer here. People are really nice.
Beach is 3 hours east and mountains 2 hours
west. Great place to live. Just need a band to round it
out. :lol:

#145365 by fisherman bob
Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:40 pm
Good luck. I feel your angst. We're living in a cover mentality world. When you mention the word originals to most people it's like you're introducing them to The Plague. They don't want to have anything to do with you. Hopefully you'll find the right people soon, as in before you stop breathing....

#145376 by Tgrastirade
Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:18 pm
Salsbury is about 2 hours away from my new place. I'm in the process of moving right now.

#145403 by Krul
Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:07 am
Welcome to the fold, bro! I won't even bother to tell you how long its taken me to find people to jam with...don't want my story to cause any discouragement. On the flipside, you will find people if you keep persisting. Nothing is set in stone...yet. But I just might have two bands going soon. One as a bassist, and another as guitar. Found everybody both from BM and CL.

The key is to not give up!

#145416 by Hayden King
Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:14 pm
Kruliosis wrote:Welcome to the fold, bro!

Uh, look again :wink:

#145447 by Krul
Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:28 pm
Oh snap! :lol: The small avatar picture and the tint through me off.

#145782 by drag57
Sun May 01, 2011 11:20 pm
you`re not alone t`gra i think we`ve all posted adds on bandmix before and the response rate is terrible, but you eventually will get responses here and there.

#148069 by JeffR9
Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:18 pm
HELLO!!!!!