This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#143512 by Daniel Towsley
Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:04 am
I dream upon your broken seams...my beautiful life seeping acid into your fingers. If I try to get away...forever drowning in the monsters in the sand. You are my madness, the voice that calls me deep inside. A thousand wilting flowers whisper sweetly your name to me. No more shadows does the sunlight make. I love you my darkest dream. Bleed with me. Kiss me. Forever.

-Just thought I'd share-

#143519 by Krul
Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:03 am
Oh lawd, your girl should write you some lyrics! That's thought provoking poetry right there. Stellar! I want a girl that can write me cool stuff like that. I usually get: I love you, I missed you, and the fact that we've gone through so much is just a test to make us stronger. Ptooey! Talk about another homeade purple card that will collect dust, or accidently get thrown away with all the old bills.

#143525 by KLUGMO
Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:00 pm
Sounds kind of morbid and negative to me. It doesn't paint a nice
picture in the readers mind. I would never say those things to my wife.
Stop trying to be so artistic and speak from your heart. That's what
she really wants to hear.

#143530 by neanderpaul
Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:56 pm
KLUGMO wrote:Sounds kind of morbid and negative to me. It doesn't paint a nice
picture in the readers mind.

X2

#143534 by Slacker G
Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:45 pm
One can not truly write of Life. Until the time they begin to fear Death.

Now really?? If I were to buy into that at all ....... It would be my belief that no one can truly experience or write of life until they have lost their fear of death.

For if you have lost your fear of death, you truly have freedom to write whatever you wish about the powers that be, or whomever, without fear of reprisal. Just an opinion of one who does not fear death. :)

#143546 by Krul
Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:30 pm
It must have been late when I responded. I thought it was the girlfriend who wrote the poem for you. Anyway, people have different ways of expressing their appreciation. Don't see anything negative, and I like to consider myself some sort of a poet/writer.
#143551 by neanderpaul
Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:07 pm
Daniel Towsley wrote:I dream upon your broken seams...my beautiful life seeping acid into your fingers. If I try to get away...forever drowning in the monsters in the sand. You are my madness, the voice that calls me deep inside. A thousand wilting flowers whisper sweetly your name to me. No more shadows does the sunlight make. I love you my darkest dream. Bleed with me. Kiss me. Forever.

-Just thought I'd share-

All of the bold words are negatives to me. So that's like a third of the words. Or 90% of the ideas in the poem that are negative. It's fine if that's what you're into. It just doesn't appeal to klugmo or I. It seems bleak and... well negative really sums it up. Don't get me wrong I love sad songs. This is just creepy to me.
Last edited by neanderpaul on Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#143552 by Greeniemagic
Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:28 pm
Love what you have done Daniel. I think it's beatiful!!

#143555 by Sir Jamsalot
Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:11 pm
Let's not forget "she loved it". I think it's filled with a lot of interesting imagery. Not my cup of tea, but it is creative :D

#143556 by neanderpaul
Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:38 pm
SirJamsalot wrote:Let's not forget "she loved it".

Good point.

#143559 by KLUGMO
Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:14 pm
I believe she said she Loved it because she Loves him.

Know what I mean. :wink:

#143565 by Edward Conley
Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:45 am
Hi, all! Well... I believe it's the kind of thing that people who are fans of the "Emo" genre would listen to.... Sort of reminds me of very early AFI.

AT

#143566 by gbheil
Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:52 am
Very imaginative ... I like the work with metaphors.

Kind of morbid ? Perhaps ... but well struck.

#143579 by Jahva
Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:51 pm
"You are my madness, the voice that calls me deep inside"
Sounds like young love to me. The feeling of wanting someone especially when they're not around can be magnified till it's all you can think about. I've been driven mad a time or two. :roll:
I can relate.

#143584 by KLUGMO
Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:48 pm
Some people think hairless cats and dogs are beautiful too.
I just dont ,thats all.