This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#142995 by String Stretcha
Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:31 am
how do you stretch strings? google string stretcha. it is Killer. korn's producer, randy bachman, shinedown, biohazard.... TONS OF DUDES ARE USING IT

#143003 by philbymon
Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:39 pm
I"m not into all the gimmicks. I pinch the string & twist, several times up & down the string after I've tuned it. Works great for me. I don't see a need for this.

#143009 by jw123
Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:05 pm
Hell I just play em and retune, I dont get this at all.

have a Great Day

#143012 by jimmydanger
Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:20 pm
Stringwinder is the only gadget I allow in my case.

#143015 by Slacker G
Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:43 pm
And I suppose that simply pulling each srtring after installing new strings won't work as good as a handy gadget would.
But I do what JW does. I just play the damned thing and retune if anything goes out Everything settles down after a couple of songs anyway.

But this would really be a gotta have item to put the drawer with all the other gimmicks that I'd never use. :)

#143017 by BassBastard
Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:51 pm
My wife learned to restring and set intonation years ago so I just hand the bass, strings and snips to her and make her a rum and coke.

Does that count?

#143025 by Sir Jamsalot
Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:55 pm
:roll:

#143033 by String Stretcha
Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:43 pm
The guitarist from Big wreck showed me the Berklee way of setting up a guitar. You string it and then use the finger / thumb method of stretching each string (if you don't want to wait for the strings to settle in). The finger / thumb method is as follows - pull up on the string with pointer and middle fingers Starting at the bridge. Simultaneously, you will push down on the top of the string with you thumb. You then slide your fingers down the whole length of the string (slowly obviously - because doing it fast would cut your fingers). then you tune the string back up into tune and repeat this procedure on each string until the string no longer goes out of tune when you slide your fingers down it. This is the method STRETCHA is modeled after. They teach that tugging on the strings gives an unbalanced stretch and can effect ringtone and string life. Finger /thumb is the best way out there to do it correctly. ALL THIS SAID - I suppose if you aren't going in the studio or to an important show; you will have time to let your strings gradually settle. GUITAR TECHS FOR THE PROS CHANGE STRINGS BEFORE EVERY SHOW ON ALL GUITARS. - Imagine if Jimmy Page was handed a guitar live onstage that hadn't had the strings stretched - i bet he'd snap on his tech after haha. But by studying the anatomy of a string, you will see that tugging would only unbalance the string and the ringing effect and will still leave you with waiting for the strings to settle in.

#143034 by Jahva
Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:47 pm
I tug an re-tune, didn't know there was an order to it or you could make the string unbalanced. :roll:
Thanks for the info.

#143035 by Sir Jamsalot
Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:49 pm
String Stretcha wrote:The guitarist from Big wreck showed me the Berklee way of setting up a guitar.


All due respect - I know it's in the world's best interest that you sell a string-stretching product, but if you need a tool to stretch your strings, perhaps playing the guitar is not something you should be pursuing. I mean, you wouldn't want to get calluses on your fingers or anything like that.

#143036 by String Stretcha
Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:54 pm
SirJamsalot wrote:
String Stretcha wrote:The guitarist from Big wreck showed me the Berklee way of setting up a guitar.


All due respect - I know it's in the world's best interest that you sell a string-stretching product, but if you need a tool to stretch your strings, perhaps playing the guitar is not something you should be pursuing. I mean, you wouldn't want to get calluses on your fingers or anything like that.


Try the method I described (finger/thumb) on your guitar. Let me know if you think it doesn't work. it will leave your strings sounding better with a longer life. I am very interested in seeing how you feel about it after you try it on a set.

#143062 by sanshouheil
Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:31 pm
jw123 wrote:Hell I just play em and retune, I dont get this at all.

have a Great Day


Ditto ... Makes for good "ear" practice.

#143077 by String Stretcha
Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:03 pm
sanshouheil wrote:
jw123 wrote:Hell I just play em and retune, I dont get this at all.

have a Great Day


Ditto ... Makes for good "ear" practice.


the whole point is that after using stretcha, you are in tune and dont have to re-tune. I can play a full set without retuning or using a tuner to retune after i use the STRETCHA and it literally takes less than 2 minutes. I hit the strings hard too. I hit each string fast with the tool and i can beat and bend the strings all night. it's staying in tune. the thing is cheap and if you actually tried it you would use it every time you change your strings. GUARANTEED

#143079 by Sir Jamsalot
Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:06 pm
String Stretcha wrote:
sanshouheil wrote:
jw123 wrote:Hell I just play em and retune, I dont get this at all.

have a Great Day


Ditto ... Makes for good "ear" practice.


the whole point is that after using stretcha, you are in tune and dont have to re-tune. I can play a full set without retuning or using a tuner to retune after i use the STRETCHA and it literally takes less than 2 minutes. I hit the strings hard too. I hit each string fast with the tool and i can beat and bend the strings all night. it's staying in tune. the thing is cheap and if you actually tried it you would use it every time you change your strings. GUARANTEED


Whatdya think the ROI is for spending 1/2 day posting on this forum trying to convince 3 people to buy a 2 dollar piece of plastic?

#143080 by String Stretcha
Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:13 pm
SirJamsalot wrote:
String Stretcha wrote:
sanshouheil wrote:
jw123 wrote:Hell I just play em and retune, I dont get this at all.

have a Great Day


Ditto ... Makes for good "ear" practice.


the whole point is that after using stretcha, you are in tune and dont have to re-tune. I can play a full set without retuning or using a tuner to retune after i use the STRETCHA and it literally takes less than 2 minutes. I hit the strings hard too. I hit each string fast with the tool and i can beat and bend the strings all night. it's staying in tune. the thing is cheap and if you actually tried it you would use it every time you change your strings. GUARANTEED


Whatdya think the ROI is for spending 1/2 day posting on this forum trying to convince 3 people to buy a 2 dollar piece of plastic?



just stating the facts. do with it what you will. I know i am happier with mine and all the guys endorsing it wouldn't do it for free unless it was a killer tool. schools have even started using it. There must be a good reason you would think. It's brand new and already gaining huge attention- not to mention sales do give it a year or so and you will be able to try a friends.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests