This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#140416 by Stringdancer
Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:25 am
The guy that politely allows another person to get in by holding the door open on his way out of a convenient store and then foams at the mouth and angrily blows his car horn because the car in front of him is not pulling out of the driveway fast enough. Something happens to people when sitting behind a stirring wheel.

Is this just a Jersey thing or it happens by you as well?

#140419 by Jahva
Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:33 am
Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead. ~Mac McCleary

:wink:

#140429 by philbymon
Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:52 am
Must be a Jersey thing. Ppl in WV only get like that at Xmas.

#140451 by LindsayB
Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:14 pm
Driving taboos tend to be messy matters of opinion, and there's so many impulses involved with driving that it becomes hard for some people to control themselves. Inevitability, someone's gonna be a brat.

#140456 by gbheil
Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:16 pm
LindsayB wrote:Driving taboos tend to be messy matters of opinion, and there's so many impulses involved with driving that it becomes hard for some people to control themselves. Inevitability, someone's gonna be a brat.

Well put. :D

#140467 by KLUGMO
Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:17 am
I am an offencive driver. I keep slow poaks, drunks, teenagers, dump trucks,
anyone or anything that impedes the flow of traffic BEHIND me.[/b]

#140500 by gbheil
Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:08 pm
KLUGMO wrote:I am an offencive driver. I keep slow poaks, drunks, teenagers, dump trucks,
anyone or anything that impedes the flow of traffic BEHIND me.[/b]

I do as well. And you will find this is part of the instruction in the DEFENSIVE DRIVING COURSE or at least it was when I was with Mobil Oil.

We were required to attend these " in house " seminars on an annual basis, as we logged hundreds of thousands of miles in all types of trucks.

The worst of the lot are the ones my dad calls "hand holders".
You know the ones whom think they have to drive around in a big wad.

I'll slow down a little, or I'll blow their doors off, but I will maintain a safe zone if at all possible.

When driving in Denver I could have gotten out and walked from car to car never touching the pavement and made better time.

Screw that.
People were never intended to live stacked like cord wood.

#140506 by Slacker G
Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:33 pm
I never understood the logic of drivers that travel down an empty highway in bumper to bumper clusters. As if that fraction of a second is really going to matter when they reach their destination.

The other move that defies logic is when you drop back to put some space between you and the other cars, and then some idiot squeezes into that tiny space so he can get there faster.

I'm sure we all love the one that texts all the way through the green light.

Oh yeah. I can't neglect the ones that pull out 30 feet in front of you and almost flip their ride over to get onto the highway, and then go 20 MPH below the speed limit.

How about the old folks rule that demands that you come to a complete stop on the highway before making the turn?

I do enjoy the ones who are flowing with the traffic and slam on their brakes all of a sudden, start a turn, and then turn on their turn signal.

I enjoy driving with others. 8)

#140529 by gbheil
Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:07 pm
:lol:

My drive to work is about 27 miles. Probably 20 on a two lane state hwy.

These pinheads will pass me doing 90mph. And I'll pull up beside them at the traffic signal at the end of the state maintained road.
What did they accomplish other than endangering lives ?

Not a damn thing. :?

#140544 by DrumsAmongUs
Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:43 pm
How about the guy that is nice enough to let you in but then tailgates? Really man, the extra two minutes you might be lucky enough to gain is not worth the stress of letting yourself get so pissed off. So what's the thing? If you gain two minutes or so a week maybe you increase your lifespan by 1 or 2 days. But wait... If anybody is that uptight then they will die of stress early anyway! No time is gained at all.

#140545 by KLUGMO
Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:19 am
The 2 that absolutely tip my scale are:

1. Bicycles on the road.
There is NO logical reason for a bicycle to be on any road with
multi-ton vehicles occupying the same road going 25-60 mph.
IT'S JUST STUPID and the state and DMV allow it.

2. People that stop at merge lanes. They have their OWN LANE.
USE IT TO MERGE, DON'T STOP!
[/b]

#140553 by Prevaler
Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:05 pm
I'm a truck driver.... And I know most of you hate me.... But I will continue to bring all the things you love, want and need to your door.... enjoy! :)

#140555 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:39 pm
God , so many bad drivers, so little time.
I love swingers. The ones that won't allow someone you make a turn and cross over into the oncoming lane. Once it becomes habit, it becomes scary.
We have had three fatals in the last year directly attributable to this bad driving habit.

As far as driving a truck, professionalism, has declined so much, sort of like abortion doctors doing brain salad surgery.

#140557 by gbheil
Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:37 pm
Prevaler wrote:I'm a truck driver.... And I know most of you hate me.... But I will continue to bring all the things you love, want and need to your door.... enjoy! :)

No bro I don't hate you ... unless your that bastard I had to throw down on because he wanted to tailgate ( less than a foot off my bumper at 75mph ) my truck, so he could exceed the legal speed limit by 20mph. :?
( funny how a 44mag out the window will change lanes so fast.)

Truckers ( or anyone for that matter ) whom use their vehicle as a threat of violence should be prosecuted, just like any other criminal in progress of an assault with a deadly weapon.

I have the highest respect for " good " truck drivers.
A vital service and a talent that deserves said respect.

#140568 by Prevaler
Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:54 pm
I appreciate that sans. I'm not one to tailgate. I know the limitations of my vehicle... 80k lbs WILL NOT stop on a dime.
It's true there are more truck drivers these days that have no clue what Professionalism is. We've got a few idiots in our contract and is disturbing to me that management does very little to screen them until it's too late.
I know you and the majority of people out on the roads don't hate us. It's the 'one bad apple' that creates the stigma. Or is it 'one thousand +'....