This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#137305 by fisherman bob
Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:33 am
My autistic son scared the crap out of a shopper at Bass Pro the other day. We were standing in an aisle looking at lures and this guy walked towards us and stopped dead in his tracks just staring at him. He looked scared to death. I asked the guy what the matter was. He said "Is he yours, he looks like he just escaped the prison." I told him he was mine and not to worry he wouldn't hurt anybody...much. He was actually afraid of passing him in the aisle. I laughed my butt off. Someday I'll post a picture of him standing next to me. Maybe if I get my son a few tattoos he'd make people faint...

#137311 by Krul
Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:03 am
Geez Bob, how big is this kid? :shock: :D

#137312 by fisherman bob
Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:18 am
Kruliosis wrote:Geez Bob, how big is this kid? :shock: :D
6'2" 265-270 lbs. Not much fat, completely hairy, full beard and mustache. Last year he scared the bejesus out of a fish and game officer. He was checking my license and my fishing buddy's license and my son was in the car and got out and "snuck" up behind the guy. Same thing happened, I had to assure him he was in no danger...There's no doubt in my mind if he wasn't autistic he'd be a pro wrestler or NFL linebacker by now. I've suggested to the state agencies I'd like to start him weight lifting so he could burn up some energy. They told me NOT to do it for fear they would be hopelessly overmatched if he goes on a rampage which they already are anyway. From a seated position in the front seat of a car he's punched out two windshields (NO LEVERAGE) with ONE swing. He's put his head through two of our walls in our house. He dented a blackboard at his daycare place and the top of my car looks like hail damage (from his head.) My nose is also crooked from his head. The vast majority of autistic people are skinny, frail. When they hit their heads it doesn't cause much damage. Could you imagine Ray Lewis head butting you? That's what I have to try and avoid all day.

#137316 by Krul
Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:25 am
Well, if you ever go on tour, you won't need to hire security! :lol:

That's one heck of a punch!

#137330 by TheCaptain
Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:55 am
sounds to me like he could pretty much take someones life if just felt the urge..??

#137332 by Black57
Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:14 am
I work with a music teacher who was terrified of a student. At the time, he would have been a 5th grader. He was smaller than the other kids. He had blond hair and freckles. Sweet looking kid, at least to me.THe teacher literally was terrified of this child. She said he looked just like the devil. One time she saw him looking at her and she just yelled at him and said you don't scare me...I can ride a bicycle !!! :roll:

#137333 by KradleKap
Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:29 am
"My nose is also crooked from his head."

You think with a stache like yours, you would of had enough padding in place. :lol:

#137336 by fisherman bob
Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:02 am
celticpiping wrote:sounds to me like he could pretty much take someones life if just felt the urge..??
He is 100% self-injurious. He wouldn't hurt anybody else. All the times he hits other people is when we intercede to prevent him from injuring himself. It's like latching on to a bucking bull. You never know which way he's going to move. His head is enormous and hard as a rock. I've seen stars on numerous occasions. He's completely gentle with other people thank God. At the start of every day I tell him to be nice to people and protect them. So far so good, except to himself...

#137340 by dizzizz
Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:47 am
fisherman bob wrote: Could you imagine Ray Lewis head butting you? That's what I have to try and avoid all day.

At least your son doesn't have to stuff $75 grand in Godell's pocket... :roll:

#137345 by Krul
Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:46 am
dizzizz wrote:
fisherman bob wrote: Could you imagine Ray Lewis head butting you? That's what I have to try and avoid all day.

At least your son doesn't have to stuff $75 grand in Godell's pocket... :roll:

Oh, stop it! :lol:

#137348 by philbymon
Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:36 pm
Yer still da man, Daddy-bob!

#137383 by gbheil
Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:44 pm
Yes Bob, from all your descriptions I have no doubt your boy would make people afraid or at least cautious.

I'm not a big man and long ago lost any fear of people just because they are bigger than me.

But I bet I'd do a double take if'n I got snuck up on. :shock:

#137390 by fisherman bob
Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:18 pm
sanshouheil wrote:Yes Bob, from all your descriptions I have no doubt your boy would make people afraid or at least cautious.

I'm not a big man and long ago lost any fear of people just because they are bigger than me.

But I bet I'd do a double take if'n I got snuck up on. :shock:
What was really funny was the fish and game officer reminded me of Don Knotts (Barney Fife) from Mayberry. He was a nervous little guy. When he took off my friend John and I laughed our a**es off.

#137394 by gbheil
Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:22 pm
:lol:

#137576 by TheCaptain
Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:43 pm
He is 100% self-injurious. He wouldn't hurt anybody else

phew..!