This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#132755 by Krul
Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:38 am
Man, old guys can really tear it up! :lol:

With my birthday coming up this month, I gotta say, I'm not really looking forward to growing up anymore. :lol: Time has longer legs than me though. Can't beat it.

Most of the bands I grew up listening to are almost 10 years older than me, and I think they're getting better, if anything, maintaining their skill level.

I wonder if they all have a 401K? :lol: Retirement plan? Not all of them I suppose.

#132931 by Black57
Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:27 am
I think Keith Jarrett has a piano for a brain. Or a brain for a piano. 8)

#132959 by KLUGMO
Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:34 pm
Erik,
I have listened to your music and I am very impressed.
You are not anchored which is good and you are
inventive which is very, very good. At 19 yrs of age
you display more mature talent than would be expected.
I will wish you luck but really don't think you're gonna
need a lot.

KLUG

#132976 by Erik Van
Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:52 pm
KLUGMO wrote:Erik,
need a lot.

KLUG

Thanks for the kind words Klug. I really appreciate it. Some times you are never sure if you are on the right track or not. I learned a lot from my father. I took drum lessons to be different from my dad (keys) but started taking up the keys 4 years ago because I wanted to write music.
I really want to go to UCLA Speilberg Film Scoring School. My father is terminal and is an amazing musician, been too hard to write music lately. I am just going to a local college to be near home. I hope I get to UCLA one day.
I have other music on my web site http://www.erikvanderheydt.com if you have not checked it out. I will have some new material up soon.
Again thanks for the nice words, your timing is perfect.
E

#132985 by gbheil
Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:57 pm
Erik Van wrote:
KLUGMO wrote:Erik,
need a lot.

KLUG

Thanks for the kind words Klug. I really appreciate it. Some times you are never sure if you are on the right track or not. I learned a lot from my father. I took drum lessons to be different from my dad (keys) but started taking up the keys 4 years ago because I wanted to write music.
I really want to go to UCLA Speilberg Film Scoring School. My father is terminal and is an amazing musician, been too hard to write music lately. I am just going to a local college to be near home. I hope I get to UCLA one day.
I have other music on my web site http://www.erikvanderheydt.com if you have not checked it out. I will have some new material up soon.
Again thanks for the nice words, your timing is perfect.
E

My condolences on your fathers condition Erik.
My own father, now in his 80s has kicked cancer's ass twice.
He is still sharp of wit and continues to drive safely.
We are all terminal, but the thought of not having my father there for support, advice, and unconditional love ... makes me shudder.

God bless.

#133046 by Erik Van
Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:43 pm
" the thought of not having my father there for support, advice, and unconditional love ... makes me shudder."

I live with that everyday. It kills me inside. I hope he can kick cancers ass. It is a tuff one and stage 4, but if anyone can, he can.
Thanks for the well wishes.
E