This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#128943 by fisherman bob
Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:25 am
My fishing buddy saw Taylor Swift for the first time singing on TV the other night. When we were fishing last evening he asked me if I ever saw Taylor Swift. I told him unfortunately yes. He said that she reminded him of a somewhat pretty high school cheerleader who can barely sing in a school musical. I said "Yeah that pretty much sums it up..."

#128961 by gbheil
Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:44 pm
And sold a million copies. Go figure. :?

#128964 by Slacker G
Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:38 pm
Now take some lessons from that.

Spend less on gear. practice and gigging and spend more at the plastic surgeon. Invest in some booty pops and learn to wiggle around a bit more.

Dwight Yokum got some really good mileage with the teen age girls by wearing extra tight jeans that were all tattered.

#128966 by Chaeya
Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:05 pm
and let some arrogant, self-centered black rapper upstage you while you're accepting an award. Thanks to Kanye, I wouldn't have known who she was. I guess there's truth to that old saying "you're never given a problem without being given a gift in its wake." Ha ha.

Chaeya

#128975 by jw123
Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:22 pm
O come come on I love the way she does that little heart thingie! It takes talent to do your fingers like that, just try it!

You ever notice that the more successful folks are in music the more people on here hate on them. Lets see she has sold how many cds, and done how many concerts and made how much money! Maybe if we want to be successful in music we should follow the formula of someone who is actually successful at it. Why John that is such a novel idea!

Everyone have a great weekend and smile!

#128989 by gbheil
Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:40 pm
:lol:

Pole dancers make more money than do.

Don't mean I want to emulate their " business practices ." LOL

#129022 by fisherman bob
Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:19 am
I don't begrudge anybody for making money, rake in all the money you can while it's available. My friend made an observation and I just seconded it.

#129031 by neanderpaul
Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:06 am
sanshouheil wrote::lol:

Pole dancers make more money than do.

Don't mean I want to emulate their " business practices ." LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#129033 by neanderpaul
Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:08 am
She's sort of cute other than her skimpy eyes (irrelevant). Some her songs are killer. She wrote some of those. She would not be where she is without autotune. Her live vox are painful.

#129113 by gbheil
Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:27 pm
neanderpaul wrote:She's sort of cute other than her skimpy eyes (irrelevant). Some her songs are killer. She wrote some of those. She would not be where she is without autotune. Her live vox are painful.

That's the kicker right there. Like a boxer that can't fight but looks good getting his ass kicked for a million dollars.

#129119 by neanderpaul
Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:08 pm
Funny analogy because I would certainly take a beating for a million and give it my best. But I would have a hard time singing off key or playing poorly on purpose in front of a huge crowd or on TV for a million. Notice I said "would have a hard time". I mean it is a million.

#129125 by philbymon
Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:47 pm
I do it every time I sing "Country Roads," which pisses off a lot of ppl. I call it "comedy."

#129136 by gbheil
Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:17 pm
neanderpaul wrote:Funny analogy because I would certainly take a beating for a million and give it my best. But I would have a hard time singing off key or playing poorly on purpose in front of a huge crowd or on TV for a million. Notice I said "would have a hard time". I mean it is a million.

I guess I view all forms of ass kicking in the same way. LOL

#129362 by Stranger
Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:26 am
She reminds me of an awkward little girl...I can't believe this is the sexual fantasy of so many American males.....it's kinda sick....

#129366 by fisherman bob
Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:41 am
Maybe we should take a poll of Bandmixers, male and female. Is Taylor Swift the subject of your sexual fantasies? I'll bet it's WAY under 50%.