This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#126929 by philbymon
Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:14 am
Dddonnie had one of those in his store a few years back. Someone had re-rigged it. It looked like a Frankenaxe to me, but it played well.

#126939 by jimmydanger
Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:34 am
What's you're favorite Walsh album (post-James Gang)? "So What" would be my first, then "TSYDTPYG", then "But Seriously folks..." I think Joe is one the more underrated musicians around.

#126956 by Dajax
Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:24 am
jimmydanger wrote:What's you're favorite Walsh album (post-James Gang)? "So What" would be my first, then "TSYDTPYG", then "But Seriously folks..." I think Joe is one the more underrated musicians around.

I'm kinda partial to "There Goes The Neighborhood". I love the song "Bones"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ol3etCsl_A
#126959 by mindwalk
Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:16 am
Dajax wrote:A Hagstrom Swede?!!! :shock: This is the only clip I've seen of him with one of those. And I notice a black Sunn Model T head on the floor beside him. I was going to buy one of those back in the 70s, but I opted for a 200 watt Hiwatt instead because it was easier on the ears!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF2OP_gF ... re=related

Beautiful guitar! What i wouldn't give to have it. I wouldn't mind having that head either.

#126982 by jw123
Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:03 pm
Dajax I still have my Model T, bought it brand new back around 78 from Don Fishers Music Town in Memphis TN. I think it was $799, the Marshalls at the time were around $1200 so i opted for the SUNN. Ive had a smorgasborg of amps thru the years, but the SUNN is the loudest amp Ive ever owned, and still is today!

#126983 by jw123
Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:08 pm
Jimmy I love Joe Walsh, Welcome to the Club is probably my favorite song, but I can listen to any of his music even the poppy stuff.

Im wiht you he is truelly underated for all that he can do, not just playing singing arranging the whole 9 yards.

Theres a guy in Memphis named Jimmy Davis that did a few albums way back when Joe stayed in Memphis. They saw him at a bar and asked if he would put slide on a song, Im not sure the name, but the guy that plays bass with Jimmy said Joe was drunk out of his mind, came in didnt listen to the song once and laid down a perfect track for the song, one take no listen. There are lots of storys from those days in the mid 90s when he lived here for a while. He came into a club we played in and did Rocky Mountain Way and Funk 49 with us. You couldnt understand a word he said talking but hand him a mic and a guitar and he is truelly a bad ass.

#127028 by Dajax
Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:41 pm
jw123 wrote:Dajax I still have my Model T, bought it brand new back around 78 from Don Fishers Music Town in Memphis TN. I think it was $799, the Marshalls at the time were around $1200 so i opted for the SUNN. Ive had a smorgasborg of amps thru the years, but the SUNN is the loudest amp Ive ever owned, and still is today!

My cranked Hiwatt resulted in ringing ears, but the model T in addition to ringing ears gave me a crushing headache!

#127072 by Stranger
Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:11 am
It's a nice axe, ( I'm sure it berars no resemblance to the original)
much nicer than those leather pants he's wearing...

I was always partial to" The Smoker you drink the player you get...."

#127077 by jimmydanger
Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:37 pm
Another thing most people don't realize is that Joe is an excellent keyboardist, as well as wonderful acoustic player. But his slide is distinctive and tasty, one of the best.

#127081 by jw123
Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:21 pm
Jimmy doesnt he play drums also?

I was just thinking one of the teen bands I was in, in the 70s the other guitar player had a Hagstrom strat looking with 3 pickups and all these off and on switches. He played it thru a Peavey Renown amp if I remember right. I cnat remember what that guitar sounded like cause we totally sucked back then! LOL