This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#126027 by neanderpaul
Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:09 pm
I've seen him. I use way less than he. I have a digitech jamman and my old looper is a boss rc-20. His looping really rubs me the wrong way. It's wanking. Not Satriani wanking, but wanking non the less. I like pop. I like songs. I pride myself on getting in and getting out and sounding like a song or a band. I don't want to sound like a loop.

90% of looping artists on youtube play a rhythm guitar part over the built in beats and then solo for 7 minutes. Ugh.

Here is an example of getting in and getting out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogHm-tU_4Vs
and an original getting in and out. 3:39 like a pop song and still played drums, bass, rhythm, leads, lead and harmony vox.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogHm-tU_4Vs

#126314 by Monson
Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:20 pm
man that was really good 8)

#126315 by neanderpaul
Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:25 pm
:D Thanks! And THANKS for commenting on youtube!! :D

#126316 by Krul
Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:35 pm
That was cool! I think I have the same looper as you. Is it a metallic blue digital delay guitar pedal? If so I know they don't make them anymore. If not, what are you using?

I like your vocal style BTW.

#126318 by jw123
Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:43 pm
Ive seen Neanderpaul live and he is great.

Like he said most people that use loopers just solo for days, Im guilty of that myself LOL.

He builds up the whole song then sings over it. Live its pretty amazing how quickly he does this. When I use to TRY to do what he does I would always go back to the one of the beat, Paul comes back on the two, three or four if that makes sense to someone readin this. I mean he would lay down a rythym on guitar, jump to the drums, then bass, then maybe keys and another guitar, its just so seamless the way he does it. My daughter and I were both in awe when we saw him a year or so ago.

All I can say is if he comes close to you go see him live, hes a class act, a great performer and really cool to talk to as a fellow musician.

#126319 by philbymon
Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:46 pm
I agree 100% with ya, JW!

Paul's definitely a class act, for sure.

#126329 by Krul
Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:11 pm
I'd love to catch Paul's show. Been a long time since I've seen something out of the ordinary. Working loops like that can't be easy. Timing has to be spot on. I'll just call it "selective audio juggling". :D

#126349 by gbheil
Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:44 pm
jw123 wrote:Ive seen Neanderpaul live and he is great.

Like he said most people that use loopers just solo for days, Im guilty of that myself LOL.

He builds up the whole song then sings over it. Live its pretty amazing how quickly he does this. When I use to TRY to do what he does I would always go back to the one of the beat, Paul comes back on the two, three or four if that makes sense to someone readin this. I mean he would lay down a rythym on guitar, jump to the drums, then bass, then maybe keys and another guitar, its just so seamless the way he does it. My daughter and I were both in awe when we saw him a year or so ago.

All I can say is if he comes close to you go see him live, hes a class act, a great performer and really cool to talk to as a fellow musician.

Same said for when my wife and I caught Paul in Nacogdoches.

Paul is the real deal man.

#126350 by neanderpaul
Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:57 pm
My friends here know how to warm a guy deep down! Big smile on my face today. :D It was a real pleasure meeting Phil, George, John, and Jimmy. I hope to get to do it again!

#126391 by Shapeshifter
Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:26 pm
What? No Ringo?

Sorry, I had to. :lol:

#126395 by Chaeya
Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:26 am
Wow, that's cool, Paul. Very unique and very creative.

Chaeya

#126445 by Stranger
Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:23 pm
I know what you mean about the year long guitar solos...but I didn't think that guy wanked...the tune was stuck in my head all day and believe me I'm usually not that gracious with my praise.

He reminded me of 0 Seven...and they are definatly not wankers.

Nice performance BTW but Lenny Kravitz? Nothing against your taste but he has the Worst lyrics in pop music. IMO.....

"In the Sky...Like a butterfly......

#126453 by neanderpaul
Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:55 pm
Kravitz is brilliant and an accomplished multiple instrumentalist. He is sort of like a fox body mustang. Straight up really good solid performance. No real surprises and no frills. The pixies would be like a lotus. Special unique and stripped down. And not for everyone. The pixies are way cooler. But I listen to Lenny way more. He's meat and potatoes and the pixies are sushi.

And fly away is a bad example. Try black girl, or sister, or let love rule. Lenny is a legend and deservedly so. He is a master of tones, melodies, harmonies, arrangement, recording and mixing techniques. A well rounded artist.