This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#123941 by dizzizz
Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:29 am
I want to be a vocalist, but my voice is piss poor.

I'm trained, I can sing in key, and all that, but my vocal tone itself is god-fucking-awful. Light backup vocals at best.

So I don't sing. What a novel concept, huh? Then why are there vocalists even worse then me out there trying to get gigs?

As to drummers, I wonder if they get tired of being abused by the lead guitarist and quit, or get bitter and start going pay-to-play to force the guitarist to appreciate them?

I found one band that deals with the drummer-guitarist thing pretty well: The drummer formed the band, and writes all the songs. If it were't for him, the guitarist would have nothing to do.

of course, the same band uses a guitar player for bassist. Yeah, I know, I play guitar as well as bass, and I played guitar first, but really, I'm a bassist. It's where my talent truely lies, and it's what I prefer to do. Not this guy. He whines about his bass more than I wine about classes. Dude, if the strings are too thick for your poor baby fingers, I'll buy you a first act. Come back when you can play with the big kids.

#123943 by gbheil
Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:57 pm
Cant have mine.
He's a gem.
[img][img]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm74/sanshouheil/NKF041.jpg[/img][/img]

#123945 by 90 dB
Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:02 pm
Man, they grow drummers BIG in Texas! :shock:

I guess it's true - everything is BIGGER in Texas! :lol:

#123947 by gbheil
Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:13 pm
:lol:

Yes, Steve-o is a big man.
So is Tony.

At our last show someone in the audience made mention of how she had heard ...
"the little guy with the white guitar had some moves"
And needed to "cut loose". 8)

In that context I guess I don't mind being "the little guy" . 8)

#123948 by Slacker G
Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:21 pm
Drummers may smell a bit funny at times but they are hardly extinct. :D

Maybe those drummer jokes wear them down after a time.

#123954 by Chippy
Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:35 pm
Noooooooooooooooooo
Not wear me down. I think though of late I'm one of very few who post here which is a shame, but hey, I feel more special because of it :D

#123955 by RhythmMan
Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:36 pm
I'd settle for a drummer with mediocre ability - who can keep perfect tempo.

#123961 by Krul
Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:10 pm
RhythmMan wrote:I'd settle for a drummer with mediocre ability - who can keep perfect tempo.

Heh, at the rate things are going RM, I would be willing to teach them how to play. :lol: Everything appears to be looking up, except for finding that hidden piece...the drummer.

Dizzizz, if you heard some of the vocalists I've heard recently, you'd be in shock. I feel like Simon when I hear some of these people.

#123964 by jimmydanger
Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:15 pm
RhythmMan wrote:I'd settle for a drummer with mediocre ability - who can keep perfect tempo.

Sounds like a job for a drum machine.

Real drummers play too fast, and play too slow, and play too many fills, and forget parts, but are absolutely required for real music.

#123975 by dizzizz
Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:55 pm
RhythmMan wrote:I'd settle for ringo starr.

isn't that what you meant?

#123984 by Chaeya
Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:44 pm
I so feel your pain, Krul. But I do have a drummer though, a big Texan also. I just need a bass and another guitar player.

Chaeya

#123995 by dizzizz
Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:03 pm
that reminds me, If any of you are ever up clevelandways, you better look me up, I'd like to jam with all of you.

I might have a gig come up that would qualify me as at least "semi-pro". It's not set in stone yet, so I don't want to Jynx it, but it may rhyme with "Shmopening shmor Shmar Shmee Shmoo ShmeedShmagen".

#124006 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:32 pm
If I had a drummer as good as Chaeya's , I would do a 2 piece.

#124007 by Chaeya
Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:37 pm
I have to agree Glen. He plays regularly with Lucky Peterson. Last time I had my band, I couldn't find a drummer, but I had a badass bass player. Not I got a drummer and can't find a bass player. Ha ha. But I shall prevail!

Chaeya

#124019 by Kevin Best
Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:58 am
I'm fairly certain I can be classified as "real", but I've also been referred to as the human metronome, so does that make me a real drummer or a drum machine?

I r cornfused.

Side note: I've been playing for the love of playing for several years now, but it is nice to get paid too. There's a place for everything in life.