This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#4614 by Heather Maxwell
Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:24 pm
Hello again my fellow bandmixers! I am a singer/songwriter as a few of you may know. But first and foremost I am a songwriter. I love to write. It comes to me so easily and I write up to as many as 2-5 songs a week. I was just wondering if anyone knows the best way to get my original music in the hands of the big performers right now. I've been doing the gigging thing with my guitar and a mic and sharing along and along some of my original music with the crowds. I have had several songs copywritten and I've even caught the eyes of Nashville. Most people and companies that want to back you want to sell you as the package, singer/songwriter package. The are not interested in just one or the other and they want so much off of your work and they want money. Now, that to me sounds shady. Any advice about what I should do or anyone I could talk to to maybe get my songs in the hands of the right people would be greatly appreciated. I also just want to say thanks to those of you who reply to these posts. It means a lot to not only know people are reading them, but to know that someone actually takes the time to reply to them is incredible. Thanks for that! Take care and God Bless!

#4621 by Craig Maxim
Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:04 pm
Hi Heather,

This book (Songwriter's Market) will give you thousands of sources with addresses, contact info, etc... for industry people and orgs to market your music to:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... experience

Also check out:

http://www.taxi.com

Which is a paid service, but can help get your music into the hands of artists, or on movies, commercials, TV shows, etc...

Good luck in your career. :-)
#4631 by Heather Maxwell
Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:58 pm
Thanks for the info. I will definitely check out both resources. I would love to do the TAXI thing, but yeah money is pretty scarce right now, but I am going to try my best to save enough money to at least join it for a year. Anyway, thanks for finding me on myspace. That is a great marketing tool as well. I've had a lot of positive feedback from it. Anyway I just wanted to say thanks for your time. Good luck to you. Take care and God Bless!