This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#120057 by theROCKER1111
Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:28 pm
O.K SO EVERY WHER I LOOKED ON WHATEVER REVIEW WEBSITE NO ONE LIKES THE DIMEBUCKER FROM SEYMOUR DUNCAN!!!! I KNOW DIME DIDN'T REALLY USE THIS HE USED THE BILL LAWRENCE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT BUT IS IT REALLY THAT BAD I MEAN I OWN ONE AND I LOVE IT!!!! MAYBE ITS BECAUSE NO LIKES IT SO IN MY HEAD IM PROBABLY THE ONLY ONE WHO USES IT!!! IDK ITS A GOOD PICKUP!!! HONEST OPIONS PLEASE!!!

#120093 by Starfish Scott
Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:15 pm
If you have the real need to sound just like he sounded, do some research and use what he used.

#120103 by theROCKER1111
Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:10 pm
Capt. Scott wrote:If you have the real need to sound just like he sounded, do some research and use what he used.
NAW I DON'T WANT TO SOUND LIKE HIM!! I JUST GOT A REALLY GOOD DEAL ON THIS DIME-O-FLAME THAT I COULDN'T RESIST AND IT CAME WITH THE DIMBUCKER!! I DID SOME RESEARCH AND DIME DIDN'T REALLY PLAY THIS PICKUP AND REVIEWS BY PEOPLE SAY ITS NOT THAT GREAT, BUT WHEN I PLUGED IT IN... IT SOUNDED ALRIGHT!! SO I WANTED TO KNOW WHAT PEOPLE ON THIS SITE THOUGHT ABOUT IT!!!! I DIDN'T PAY ANY CASH FOR THE DIME-O-FLAME!! BUT ITS A REALLY COMFORTABLE GUITAR!!! AND THE PICKUPS ALRIGHT!!

#120112 by philbymon
Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:07 am
I've never played the guitar, nor have I used the pups.

The only really important thing is that YOU like it. It's a treat for you.

Good for you, man!

#120115 by theROCKER1111
Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:13 am
philbymon wrote:I've never played the guitar, nor have I used the pups.

The only really important thing is that YOU like it. It's a treat for you.

Good for you, man!
THANKS MAN THATS COOL!!! ITS A PRETTY BEEFY PICKUP!! IM A BIG FAN OF THE SH-5 FROM SEYMOUR DUNCAN BUT THIS IS PRETTY COOL TOO!!! THE GUITAR IS COMFORTABLE!! HONESTLY BEFORE I GOT THIS I ALWAYS TOLD MYSELF I WOULDN'T PLAY ONE AND NOW ITS HARD TO PUT DOWN!!! PEACE OUT MAN!!

#120117 by gbheil
Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:14 am
Yeah, I got a go with Phil. If you like it that's all that matters.
I don't have enough experience or knowledge to really critique pick ups.

I like the EMGs installed in my Strat. The stock pups were crap.
But most of the time my Strat sits in the case and I play my LP straight up stock. and I love it.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

#120118 by theROCKER1111
Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:22 am
sanshouheil wrote:Yeah, I got a go with Phil. If you like it that's all that matters.
I don't have enough experience or knowledge to really critique pick ups.

I like the EMGs installed in my Strat. The stock pups were crap.
But most of the time my Strat sits in the case and I play my LP straight up stock. and I love it.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.
YA MAN I HAD A STRAT BACK HOME AND I GUTTED IT EVH STYLE A BIT!!! I TOOK OFF THE PICK GUARD AND THE STOCK PICKUPS AND PUT IN A DIMARZIO FRED P.A.F HUMBUCKER IN THE BRIDGE AND A DIMARZIO CHOPPER SINGLE COIL SIZED HUMBUCKER IN THE NECK!! I ALSO CHANGED THE POTS FROM 250K TO 500K TO SUPPORT THE HUMBUCKERS!! IT WAS AN AWESOME GUITAR IT ROCKED!!!

#120132 by Starfish Scott
Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:37 am
The free ones always scream TAKE ME HOME>.

#120137 by theROCKER1111
Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:27 am
Sentient Paradox wrote:
Capt. Scott wrote:The free ones always scream TAKE ME HOME>.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No. Not all of them. Even some of those scream "Set fire to me, smash me, grind me to a pulp, then do it all over again!" Trust me. I've owned a few of them. 8)
SOUNDS LIKE FUN!!! THATS STILL WORTH TAKING HOME A FREE GUITAR!! YOU COULD PRACTICE YOUR GUITAR SWINGING AND THROWING AROUND YOUR NECK THEN LAY DOWN A SOLID SOLO AND SMASH IT IN FRONT OF ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND LOOK SUPER COOL!! LMFINEAO!!! COOL IM DOWN TO DO SOME HENDRIX AND BURN A GUITAR...JUST NOT A REAL FENDER THOUGH!!! A SQUIER WOULD DO!!!! HA!HA! HA!

#120211 by Starfish Scott
Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:14 pm
theROCKER1111 wrote:
Sentient Paradox wrote:
Capt. Scott wrote:The free ones always scream TAKE ME HOME>.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No. Not all of them. Even some of those scream "Set fire to me, smash me, grind me to a pulp, then do it all over again!" Trust me. I've owned a few of them. 8)
SOUNDS LIKE FUN!!! THATS STILL WORTH TAKING HOME A FREE GUITAR!! YOU COULD PRACTICE YOUR GUITAR SWINGING AND THROWING AROUND YOUR NECK THEN LAY DOWN A SOLID SOLO AND SMASH IT IN FRONT OF ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND LOOK SUPER COOL!! LMFINEAO!!! COOL IM DOWN TO DO SOME HENDRIX AND BURN A GUITAR...JUST NOT A REAL FENDER THOUGH!!! A SQUIER WOULD DO!!!! HA!HA! HA!

Exactly, just cause it's screaming doesn't mean it safe from "experimentation". lol

#171530 by AJ6stringsting
Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:53 am
I own a Dimebucker, it's got good tone. It depends on what kind of wood, material the bridge and nut is made of too. To be honest, I got a own with a ton of pick up in it, everything from stock Jackson, Seymour Duncan, Dimarzio, GFS and other bands are waiting .... I call it my pick up infirmary.