This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#387 by Guest
Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:42 pm
Figure4band needs female vocalist stat ...........For summer gigs already booked....PLEASE HELP! CHECK OUR PROFILE ON BANDMIX.
#806 by Guest
Sat May 20, 2006 5:03 pm
Hey, That's Great! Come by my house to-nite, so we can rehearse. Jump in your car now, you should be here in about 27 hours................ :?
#807 by Guest
Sat May 20, 2006 5:23 pm
Hey Eddie,
Did you see the response on your other topic site:just venting?
You had a response from a gal about an hour from you.Check it out...

Jon
EXIT 20
#809 by Guest
Sat May 20, 2006 6:25 pm
Yes I did Jon, I sent her an e-mail, but no response yet :( I can't seem to get past the first round with these people. Whether i initiate the contact, or they do, it just seems to die on the vine. Maybe they're looking for a 401K plan or something. :wink:
#810 by Guest
Sat May 20, 2006 7:36 pm
Just called to give you a personal one on one support but I guess you were out walking the streets looking for your vocalist :D I looked in your area musicians connection part of BandMix and noticed you have 20yr old female right in your city,goes by krys24454 and the other was in Boston,31 yr old female goes by jjoberle.Of course not being gold member,can't get the complete email info.By the way,I gave up on the keyboardist :D Email:[email protected]
#812 by Guest
Sat May 20, 2006 8:28 pm
I have contacted both of those gals too. (no response) That kinda pisses me off. I mean really, even if your not interested in my band, for what ever reason, just say NO. How long does it take to type......NO, THANK YOU...(click submit)....It takes about the same amount of time to fart. I guess some people are just plain ignorant. Also, from what i understand, the only difference between a FREE membership, and a PREMIER (gold) membership, is that Free members can't initiate contact. You can reply to someone, once they've tried to contact you. But you can't start it. Other than that , Free members have all the same perks. And they save 10 bucks a month. :) Thank you for your help Jon, all we can do is our part, the rest is up to them..............Ed :wink:
#817 by Guest
Sun May 21, 2006 2:35 pm
Remember just a short while ago someone started a topic about guys having problems with female fronted bands, well,if anyone is keeping up with your search they will understand why guys get frustrated.This should get a response........... 8)

#863 by Guest
Thu May 25, 2006 8:29 pm
Ever get the feeling this is an Friendster or MySpace arraingement for female vocalist. I think these women don't want potential stalker. They should just log off cause Brad Pitt can't play guitar :twisted:
#883 by fisherman bob
Sun May 28, 2006 2:53 pm
If you can't find a female singer one of you guys needs to get a sex change operation, or bacome a she-male, or a female impersonator or maybe even adjust the song lyrics a little from a female point of view to a male point of view. Imagine musical interpretation! Instead of being a mynah bird or parrot simply mimicking every song your want to play, become a real musician and play the song the WAY YOU WANT TO PLAY IT. You'd be amazed how much the audience likes YOUR version of the song, and your band members will enjoy playing the song more. The hell with waiting for a female and GET AFTER YOUR MUSIC. I've been in bands for 25 years. I can tell you for certain that musical interpretation actually WORKS. Later-Fisherman Bob

#919 by Guest
Mon May 29, 2006 6:38 pm
Bob,..........Did a she-boy pee in your Cheerios this morning?

#953 by Bluesguitargrl
Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:51 am
Hey there's nothing wrong with wanting a chic singer... I gotta tell you it sucks to be a woman in this business... let me tell you why. First of all you have to be ten times as good as a man to get recognition as a real musician... then even if you get taken seriously, most guys just want to sleep with you and a lot of bandmated wives think you want to sleep with their husbands, boyfriends, whaever... If it weren't for the love of music I would most ceartainly not be in this business. But I'lll never stop playing and all that sexism is great fule for songwriting.... ha ha ha! Now go ahead and stroke your ego!

Play more music

#979 by Guest
Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:08 pm
ouch!............................................................... :roll:

#1041 by greyface
Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:24 pm
Bluesguitargrl wrote:First of all you have to be ten times as good as a man to get recognition as a real musician... then even if you get taken seriously, most guys just want to sleep with you and a lot of bandmated wives think you want to sleep with their husbands, boyfriends, whaever... If it weren't for the love of music I would most ceartainly not be in this business. But I'lll never stop playing and all that sexism is great fule for songwriting.... ha ha ha! Now go ahead and stroke your ego!

Yeah!!!! The last group I was in, we tried a chick singer, but our guitarist wouldn't quit hitting on her. It got so bad she walked. 6 Months of work down the drain because the dude wouldnt leave her alone. And he was married with three kids.