This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#4264 by ShesOnFire
Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:43 am
Hi there,

Looking for work starting out as a background vocalist in Nashville. Anyone have any pointer, ideas, contacts? I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks so much!

hugs!

#4273 by JAZZMINE
Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:02 am
Hello , my name is ERIK SCHMIDT my screen name is jazzmine i have a friend his name is kent forward he writes for a tour support magizine ,and is a recording musician in nashville , his last cd is called wonderlust , he submits demos to the record companys often ,he also worked on a nascar cd, his number is in the book , get your bio ,together and your demo, remember nashville is full of professional business musicians ,and you should present yourself as such ,i hope this helps a little, good luck , break a leg as they say, see ya

#4279 by ShesOnFire
Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:23 pm
Thank you so much! I will say I remember you when! :wink:

#4284 by JAZZMINE
Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:29 am
you are welcome, ms, or mrs, fire, you should try and talk to the people who run the bluebird ,i know many musicians have been picked up from that club, good luck , my screen ,name is jazzmine ,but my friends call me E , SHORT FOR ERIK, i am a singer song writer /guitarists and play fusion type jazz rock, talk to you later

#4386 by Stax
Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:46 am
...And start self promotion. Don't forget it's not the same industry it was even 10 years ago. The Internet has been the catalyst in the creation of many a successful artist that has never been heard on regular radio or sold a CD out of Wal-Mart. I think the last 50 CDs I bought I ordered off a website and first heard them on Indy labels' sites or band websites Myspace, etc. Even musicians that suck get heard, today. Oh... and... these days the major labels (if you hope to record your act) don't accept un-solicited material nor consider outside acts unless they have already sold 10,000 to 50,000 on thier own.
I can also guarantee you that if you're patient and work hard at your craft and hang and work with performers and musicians that are like that, You WILL work in the music industry. I dunno how many working bands I've ended up in because I happened to be hangin with my musician buds when the opportunity rose.
Good Luck SOF,
Stax

#6656 by JoeyQ
Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:07 am
Bone Rattling bassist looking to join a serious band/rock/metal/classic/alternative over25 years ex..pro...owned my own band in NYC..recorded in studios..Play by ear and read music...can sing..also play rythum guitar...Looking to join a band or start mine up again....call me 305-506-1304..Joe/aka NeostaR Live in the Daytona Area
Palm Coast Florida!