This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#105255 by gbheil
Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:27 pm
On my profile I have recorded a chord progression I have been using as I tweak the channels on my new amp a Peavy Bandit 112
This one ( EXP MOD METAL 1 ) is a high gain dark metal type of tone.
Any suggestions on EQ tweaks will be experimented with.

Thanks.

#105257 by mistermikev
Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:50 pm
hmm, not crazy about solid state... but I could see if you maybe backed off the vol on the recording (I thought I heard some clipping in there) it could be a useable tone. I think the eq is fine, but you never really know till you hear it in a mix.
rock on.

#105259 by gbheil
Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:21 pm
Thanks Mike.
I think the clipping was due to the gain on my wireless being set too high. Perhaps also from my use of audacity prior to conversion and posting.
I'll look into that.
The amp is intended as a back up to my Nomad
Not as a replacement.
Though I'll probably use it exclusively for a while till I get everything worked and mapped out.
If I have to use it to CMA for a gig I want my settings predetermined to as great an extent as possible.

#105261 by mistermikev
Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:22 pm
right on brutha!

#107943 by Will_72908
Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:42 pm
Tone is about as subjective as Solid State vs Tube/Valves. That said, I'm not sure which song you are referring to. If your band mates thinks the sound fits and doesn't step on toes, and YOU like it, use it.

Someone else said it sounded like you were overdriving something distorting the specific recording. Overdriving your amp is fine, overdriving your mics (some stand up to that kind of abuse better than others,) your board, or your recording equipment can scream amateur where you may want to show how professional you are.

That said, Keep Rockin' for the King.

#108008 by gbheil
Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:38 pm
Thank you so much for you response and support Shrapnel.
Actually It was just a short chord progression I had posted temporary whilst experimenting with my new back up amp.
Hope to have some more stuff posted after this weekends studio session.

Thanks again.

#108020 by philbymon
Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:21 am
DIBBITZ!

Late again!