This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#102297 by Chippy
Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:00 pm
I dunno about you folks but I've noticed a massive tumble in posts on line over the last two months. There is usually a drop after Xmas but then it gains momentum again. Seriously quiet out there, almost boring to be honest. BM is doing ok (I suppose?)

There does seem to be a serious lack of interest all round in some quarters, especially where just small friendly talk takes place. Bosses stopping forum chatter? Or people more content not logging in?

Whatever it is it isn't good for web companies who survive on click throughs (Waste of time) click throughs. A couple of places I hang out are still reasonably busy but they are study related which makes sense.

#102299 by Robin1
Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:23 pm
I think companies are starting to crack down on net use during company time. More and more programs out there to either block usage or to track such usage. I do notice there is more traffic in the evening than during daytime hours lately as opposed to what it was like about a year ago. Another factor could be that there is too much negativity. I know I tend to shy away from heated discussions. Some people just read and don't post. Things tend to slow down as warmer weather approaches also. I don't think that there is a major trend, people find other sites and drop sites. The web is too big to say for sure what a trend might be.

#102309 by Slacker G
Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:06 pm
Every forum I am on has slowed down to the usual 5 - 10 or so posters. People just seem to be showing up occasionally as opposed to daily. Most other forums have a section for politics only. That seems to keep the posts concerning music up a bit more.

Just like here, a lot of page and topic hits, but few readers participate or respond to anything.

When it all goes away those people won't have a clue as to why the forums died out. Forum freeloaders are like the rest. Most want something to read without actually having to participate. We all know how difficult typing can be. :)

#102314 by jimmydanger
Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:03 pm
Better not be the end of the Net, I'll be out of a job.

#102315 by philbymon
Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:08 pm
Eh...much like men, interest in internet forae comes in spurts, Chippy. Wait through the short lil lag time, & it'll be fulla info & interaction again soon.

#102323 by Chippy
Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:11 pm
My thinking is it is down about 50% or so too.
I also agree again (Sorry) with Robin in that depressing posts keep people away. Especially if it doesn't change, becomes ceaseless and unending and a machine.

Oh yeah I've hung around here, for some time. Shall do from time to time too.
Just wondered what your thoughts were on all of it really? Tough times start ripping masks from what we think are normal people.

#102326 by jimmydanger
Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:16 pm
Rainbows, popsicles, unicorns, cotton candy, flowers and bunnies.

Just for you Mark.

#102328 by Chippy
Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:23 pm
Oh how kind!!! :P
Solutions to problems are not problems.

If you throw in a Egyptian cotton T-Shirt with a nice bunny face on it with BIG BLUE EYES I may wear it at a gig one night :wink:

jimmydanger wrote:Rainbows, popsicles, unicorns, cotton candy, flowers and bunnies.
Just for you Mark.

#102330 by jimmydanger
Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:28 pm
I can do that, and I won't even tell you I made rabbit stew out of the little feller.

#102331 by Chippy
Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:34 pm
Oh GOSH no GOSH no Pip ~ pip No please don't tell me you ate it, I couldn't handle it, this would wreck any chance of a provincial performance to which gratitude may be thus displayed thereafter should all go well.

I formerly retract that request but will wear anything that is placed in the wardrobe so long as it is in context. :D

jimmydanger wrote:I can do that, and I won't even tell you I made rabbit stew out of the little feller.

#102352 by gbheil
Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:14 pm
Busy time of year for many people.
I know it is for me personally, and for the band.
Things will get even slower till after spring break as fat as the Net I feel.

#102363 by Robin1
Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:38 pm
Chippy wrote:I also agree again (Sorry) with Robin ....

Not quite sure how to take that :?

#102366 by Chippy
Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:41 pm
Negativity.
I suffer from it sometimes but I always work my way away from it.
No worries.

RobinL. wrote:
Chippy wrote:I also agree again (Sorry) with Robin ....

Not quite sure how to take that :?

#102369 by Robin1
Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:44 pm
Gotcha :wink:
#102505 by Rob Ash
Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:03 am
Just moved from north Texas back to Florida. Am a long time Florida boy, but still not sure why we came back (at this time), other than the fact that my gal absolutely needed to get back to where her family lives at virtually any cost.

Not sure, but I think she might even have left my ass in Texas had I balked at coming back east.

Anyways, not having to suffer the drag of a full time day job (medical crap... don't wanna bore you with gorry details), I have lots to time to observe and ponder shi- I mean stuff.

Like...

It's been a rough two years in the good ol' U.S. of... hours formerly spent gabbing and surfing the web are now (IMHO) possibly being spent dealing with such things as financial issues at home, trying to pay the bills, etc. My daughter and son in law (still in the first part of their adult journey) are examples of this. She was a web junky... now she spends all of her time online at job sites.

Along this same line, it occurs to me that what seems like a trend down in web activity may actually be folks spending their web hours in different ways than they used to. Like on job sites, or perhaps at a site where they have a small online business (to make up for lost funds formerly obtained at a day job), or at places where they can either vent about the state of the ol' union, or seek answers/solutions the the problems that they face which did not affect their lives just a few years ago.

So, what at first seems like less activity is actually perhaps simply an indication that poeple are utilizing the web in different ways to accomodate their changing needs and desires.

Or, I suppose it could mean that the Myans were right, and the web, like the rest of the planet, is doomed to a bitter and disappointing end in late 2012.

Nah.