This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#98844 by Sir Jamsalot
Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:51 am
Yikes,

I'm glad I wasn't paying attention to some of the threads in here -- that is until I opened some unviewed ones to see what all the hubub is about. You guys are on edge - I think it's vacation time, say, a few drinks around a pool in Hawaii?

=
smile.
Chris

#98845 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:58 am
Thanks Chris. Funny but that is exactly what obama did.

#98862 by Chippy
Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:31 am
Chris.
I like what you are doing on YouTube pal. :D
Pretty had to say anything on here without it getting twisted, ripped up and turned into anti gov or God stuff any more.

I'm a minority now, so be it, let em argue.

#98874 by Kramerguy
Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:12 pm
GLENJ wrote:Thanks Chris. Funny but that is exactly what obama did.

Case in point, chippy.
#98881 by jsantos
Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:38 pm
Chris4Blues wrote:Yikes,

I'm glad I wasn't paying attention to some of the threads in here -- that is until I opened some unviewed ones to see what all the hubub is about. You guys are on edge - I think it's vacation time, say, a few drinks around a pool in Hawaii?

=
smile.
Chris

hehehe Chris.... This forum is pretty brutal. Reminds me of an episode of Jerry Springer.

#98893 by Robin1
Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:58 pm
I wonder if people should channel all that energy into writing music.

Which brings a thought to mind, do you write more music from a bad place or a good place :?:

#98898 by Chippy
Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:07 pm
Hi Robin.
I write from the heart, it's the only thing I have of any consequence. Sorry for being terse regarding brit typo sounding stuff last night.

So..........

Where do you write from?

RobinL. wrote:I wonder if people should channel all that energy into writing music.
Which brings a thought to mind, do you write more music from a bad place or a good place :?:

#98920 by Robin1
Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:11 pm
I am not a song writer, I don't play a musical instrument. The only thing I have is singing. I find ways to express myself in other peoples words.

I have been known, quite frequently :oops: , to start singing a phrase of a song to express what I am thinking.

No hard feelings here :wink:

#98925 by Chippy
Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:22 pm
No worries :D

RobinL. wrote:I am not a song writer, I don't play a musical instrument. The only thing I have is singing. I find ways to express myself in other peoples words.

I have been known, quite frequently :oops: , to start singing a phrase of a song to express what I am thinking.

No hard feelings here :wink:

#98926 by Slacker G
Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:25 pm
RobinL. wrote:I wonder if people should channel all that energy into writing music.

I write most of my music from a bad place. :(

Since I prefer dark side lyrics, I go to that place in your soul where all the bad things are stored. Mostly bad relationships. Sometimes I just get there for no reason at all., against my will. Other times I just go there and look around.
I usually always come out with an idea for a song. I may as well get something out of it, after all, I paid the price of admission for every experience. 8)

#98928 by Chippy
Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:29 pm
I watched you play on youtube slacker.
Total control of your guitar, pleasure to watch truly.

Slacker G wrote:

I write most of my music from a bad place. :(

Since I prefer dark side lyrics, I go to that place in your soul where all the bad things are stored. Mostly bad relationships. Sometimes I just get there for no reason at all., against my will. Other times I just go there and look around.
I usually always come out with an idea for a song. I may as well get something out of it, after all, I paid the price of admission for every experience. 8)

#98936 by jw123
Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:41 pm
Have I missed soemthing latley?

Has it been brutal?

Huh?

#98939 by Kramerguy
Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:44 pm
My ex-girlfriend left hell to pay me a visit and said these threads aren't from her :twisted:

#98942 by philbymon
Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:46 pm
Nah, JW. Still the same old, far as I can tell. Same old never-ending personality conflicts & topics of contention. Nothin to get uptight about.

Yeah...it's still me & Craig & Glen & there's a new guy or two added in the mix. We'll see how long they can stand it before they get mad & leave or calm down & settle in...

#98944 by jw123
Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:48 pm
Sounds like one of my exs.

Times are bad, I went out with this gal one time about a year and a half ago and ran into her in the checkout line at Kroger ans she cussed me out! It was amazing to see the expressions on the cashier and all the folks in line. Crazy thing I went out with this gal once to dinner, and didnt have desert or go to her house or mine or anything. We talked and I said that I just didnt have any romantic feelings toward her and I thought we were cool, but a yr and a half later she cusses me out for not calling back.

Im sure glad I didnt date this one, she was crazy!

Now noone wants to check me out at Kroger!