This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#328 by aurora
Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:00 am
HEy im new to the list and i wanted someones opinion.. Do GUYs really want to play in a Chick fronted band?????

#329 by Nicod3mus
Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:06 pm
Depends......a shatty chick band worse than shatty dood band. A hot riot girl that rox ur a** off is a different story. I'd play with her.

#330 by mwgfitness
Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:24 pm
I think it would be cool to jam with women. If she has the talent I see no problem what so ever.
#332 by Guest
Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:59 pm
Not only don't I have any objections to female singers but I also welcome them as musicians BUT unless the band can handle themselves as a business then problems do arise.Relationships within the band always cause split right down to husband and wife teams.Musicians are always going to be a breed of their own.Lots of females out there so why pick on them now.I need a good keyboardist for established classic rock band.Any women in western New York up for the challenge?

#333 by Rayge84
Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:34 pm
I, personally, am all for female vocalists. An all guy band, if they're talented, can get a nice little following... However, bringing a female vocalist into the band helps bring in a more diverse crowd.
I have wanted to try bringing a female vocalist into my rock band for some time now. The problem, though, is that two of my bandmates are worried that the vocalist would steal their time in the spotlight... Does anyone else think this is a terrible reason to reject the idea of a female vocalist before we even give one a shot?
#334 by Guest
Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:29 pm
The two guys shouldn't be intimidated unless you plan to put the female strictly as your front person but if they are all sharing then the guys shouldn't be having an attitude.Even an all male band can have that problem.I don't do vocals in our band but the other three share leads equally and do harmonies when not in the spotlight.No big deal.

#335 by Bobaloo in Mountain House
Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:02 am
I've been in several bands utilizing female vocalists and for the most part, its been great. These bands were able to get into places that most all guy bands might not have. Audiences seem to like the wider range of tunes and harmonies are usually fuller. Club owners also like seeing more money spending customers since there is eye candy for both sexes coming through the door.

The downside are the normal male vs. female type of arguments (Men are from Mars, Women from Venus) that will never change along with the end of the evening pay when the female vocalist carrying a microphone gets the same cut as the drummer hauling a pickup full of drums and taking an hour of setting up and dismantling or the guitarist with the 300 lbs of amps to carry in and out.

Seems at the end of even the most successful gigs, being tired and sweaty and knowing you still have to tear down makes you forget how much fun you had along with the couple of bills in your wallet.

Anyway....my 2 cents. :P

#336 by joero
Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:20 am
i have never had a possitive experience with women in the band...they always want to control and seem to wreck a band in no time at all...i love women but not in my band!! number 1 rule ;no girls in the band..number2; no college know it alls(they dont play what they hear, they play all that crap they think they are good at.)anybody can exercise..but can you feel it? less is more always and women are too much

#687 by Bobaloo in Mountain House
Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:09 pm
Hey Aurora.....the band Figure Four is seeking a female lead vocalist desperately !! Although there may be a small commute, it might be worth it !!

#888 by Guest
Sun May 28, 2006 3:58 pm
If i were anywhere near...I'd say let's try it. I think it is positive.....more venues, wider variety....it's all good. :D

#955 by Bluesguitargrl
Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:33 pm
I got to tell you joero I'm dissapointed that you would axe out women because of a few bad apples... what if we all did that then there would be no more bands... bacause believe me we've all had bad experiences... I am a female who has fronted bands as the lead singer, been the drummer, the rythm guitarist, lead guitarist, songwriter... well anyway you get the picture. Now let me tell you why I could go the other way and tell you that I won't work with men anymore. I went to a jam night about 6-7 years ago and they kept telling me they would get me on stage soon... well after about 4 hours of this they ended the night without letting me onstage at all... funny, I was the only woman there that night... and also the only one who didn't get onstage that night. The host came up to me and said oh sorry "honey", come back next week, we'll get you up. Or how about all the times that they waited until the last few songs to get me onstage being sure the crowd was gone, then after they hear me they're all like oh wow! you're really good! Come back again we'll get you right up! This is just the tip of the iceburg... but anyway hopefully you can get past that attitude, because there is a lot of talent out there amongst women, or should we go back to the stoneage and just keep them all barefoot and pregnant?

#1723 by Auburn Diva
Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:39 am
Aw, Luke, & I thought you were c00l! :) About half of my songlist is made up of big hair 80's metal. I've never heard anyone else who can rock Monkey Business or I Remember You; most guys won't even try. Welcome To The Jungle & Sweet Child Of Mine are a few more. I've also surprised quite a few with The Trooper. Sure, Girls Girls Girls isn't much of a chick tune, but I've rocked that one, too! However... show me a guy who can or will do Barracuda, Heartbreaker, Black Cat, or Your Little Secret!