This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#85989 by Pawpa-Dawg
Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:12 am
ok this may sound like a dumbazz question :shock: ( but is normaly right up My alley). saw this post where this dude is seeking musicians and goes on to list everything. the thing that struck Me odd is....

Style: I'd love to play anything in the rock genre: hardcore, indie,alternative, etc...

ok so what is this "indie" style? as I have seen that word used in context with bands on My Space ( or other sites as such) when they list a Label as
indie" meaning "independeant",on thier own? am I missing something or am I correct in what I think "indie" to be? or is He perhaps reffering to "india" type music?

told You was a dumbazz question :shock: :lol:

#85991 by philbymon
Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:15 am
Ya know, I see this a lot, too. I just assume that they are using it to mean "alternative," which encompasses everything that doesn't get airplay, right?

I truly doubt that many ppl in here can deal with the 1/4 tones & such in Indian music...unless they can't tune or their axes are out of intonation...

#86003 by fisherman bob
Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:48 am
There's SO many different genres that the different genre names have no meaning any more. The best thing to say about your music is that it kicks ass, have a listen. Who cares what genre, or sub-genre, or quasi genre it is...

#86006 by Kramerguy
Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:09 am
our band is indie-pop, nothing unusual about that to us - think pop instead of brittany and miley, think instead about Colbie Calliat and Gem.

It does mean independent label.. but at the same time, it's become a genre too.

#86025 by gbheil
Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:42 pm
I can't find the little smiley face thats scrathing his head.
All this genre' sub genre' mess just confuses the issue.
You either have a label or you dont.
We dont. :roll:

#86027 by Starfish Scott
Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:44 pm
With the fun that can be had just doing it, I am starting to think that all that other stuff is over-rated.

We just like to play.

(I hope I didn't sin against the musician's bible) lol

#86099 by HowlinJ
Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:56 pm
It's like Billy said,
"It's still Rock & Roll to me" :wink:

#86101 by gbheil
Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:04 pm
Capt. Scott wrote:With the fun that can be had just doing it, I am starting to think that all that other stuff is over-rated.

We just like to play.

(I hope I didn't sin against the musician's bible) lol

Could not have saidit any better.

We just like to play.