This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#321 by Perfctdrumr4jc
Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:29 am
I would like some help, i'm going to be 18 within the next few weeks and I have no clue what to do with college or anything-but i know that its Gods will for me that I be in a Worship or Christian Band to help spread his love-but i cant find a Christain Rock Band who needs a drummer...if anyone is out there who can help me-please do..
#322 by Guest
Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:10 pm
Be patient and if you have the resources in your own community start your own band.Thats what I did when I was your age and I ended up with three sucessful Christian rock bands not in the sense of national recognition but through God's eyes eternal recognition now I'm sliding and playing classic rock.Names I had chosen for band names were Inner Persuasion,ViZion,Burning Torch.I was influenced by Petra and White Heart.I recorded a CD in 1998 with Ronny Cates(former bass player to Petra) as my producer.

#323 by Swampbottom
Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:39 pm
Man If you were only in Tucson, Az . We can't find good drummers that want to play for Christ and spread his love through music. Everyone is all about the party. :cry: Like the other post said, be patient. Seek out others like you. If your area has the tallent, search them out and start your own band.

Good Luck and God bless. :D

#1313 by emolover
Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:07 am
Only if when I said "if" it would happen. What if you lived in Texas, dang it didn't work. I don't have a complete band, right now it's me and my boyfriend, he's a guitarist. If this is what god wants you to do, dude he loves you and he'll work it out. You just have to be sure it's what God wants, not what you want, if it is what God wants, it'll all work out. trust me, i'm praying about a couple people looking to join my band. It'll all be Good.
Xx EmoLover xX

#1585 by lovegood77
Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:37 pm
emolover wrote:Only if when I said "if" it would happen. What if you lived in Texas, dang it didn't work. I don't have a complete band, right now it's me and my boyfriend, he's a guitarist. If this is what god wants you to do, dude he loves you and he'll work it out. You just have to be sure it's what God wants, not what you want, if it is what God wants, it'll all work out. trust me, i'm praying about a couple people looking to join my band. It'll all be Good.
Dude, Not to blow my own horn, But, I AM ALWAYS WILLINTO PLAY FOR FOR JESUS........Praise music is the best music I ever accomplished !!!! And a test to your ability. U will never have a more somber audience to prerform for on Sunday morning, No boos drugs or anything else to enhance their attitudes.......Just worship!!! Wish I were there to play CCM with U but HEY.....never say never.............MIKE ............BTW........Drummer here. Xx EmoLover xX
#1586 by lovegood77
Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:43 pm
Perfctdrumr4jc wrote:I would like some help, i'm going to be 18 within the next few weeks and I have no clue what to do with college or anything-but i know that its Gods will for me that I be in a Worship or Christian Band to help spread his love-but i cant find a Christain Rock Band who needs a drummer...if anyone is out there who can help me-please do..
I admire U for your sevice to the Lord............U remind me of the "Barlow Girls"... drummer.................Mike

#2127 by drummer4jesus
Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:58 am
I am in the same boat in NE TX, don't give up just keep your chops up and in His time it will happen

#3460 by awaken205
Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:36 pm
just found this post, but I'm in alabama and definitely in the same boat... Been looking for older and experienced musicians for a while now. At this point it is just my husband and me. DH on lead electric and I'm on acoustic and vocals. DH's bro just moved back to the state and he's a great drummer and is hoping to find a job here that works with our practice and travel schedule. I've had ads online and put out flyers lookin for a drummer and bass player for the last 3 -4 months or longer and had several calls. Met with one guy and scheduled a jam with him, but he didn't call or show for the jam. It would be so great to be able to play and sing worship music to our full potential with a full band and all, but right now it's just us 2.... we're not a full band but we've been traveling and leading worship for youth rallies and such... on program for several in the first of the year for the Awakening Tour in Alabama. So even if its not a full band and you still want to sing and play for Christ, just get out there... It may take a while, but I fully believe that as long as we are giving God what little we have, he'll in turn give and provide the rest of what we need... aka as musicians and vocals.... :) God Bless

BTW... are you involved in any ministry or are you just starting a Christian Band???

#3629 by carldavisgroup
Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:30 pm
Stay strong and wait for the Lord. If we acknowledge Him, He will direct our steps. You've aleady begun taking the steps toward your calling by knowing that God has called you to this. Now that you know, just beleive! Walk by faith and you will please God for without faith it is impossible to please Him. I tell myself and people all the time to just step outside of yourself and watch, God is working in more ways then we think. Stay blessed young man!

Your brother in Christ

Pastor David C. Berg

May the love of God shine in your heart

#3630 by Auburn Diva
Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:49 am
WOW! That post was absolute proof to me that the Lord has perfect timing. I've been SO discouraged about my music & where it's going (or not going). Seems like every time I feel like I'm finally getting going, it only lasts long enough to get my hopes up, then crashes. Your post was just what I needed to hear (or read) to get my faith back up. Thank you. You have NO IDEA how much.

#3633 by carldavisgroup
Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:18 pm
Keep your head up:
Ecc 9:11 I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Galatians 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Remember that when Christ was suffering our fate and hung on the cross, everyone beleived this to be the end. Yet it was all for us and our salvation. When things seem bad they are not as always what they appear. All things, whether they are good or bad, are working together for the good for those who love Jesus. Romans 8:28 God bless and keep you.

if you ever need to:
[email protected]

#4060 by guitarjedi
Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:27 am
I'm looking for someone near me who wants to Rock for God and likes double bass and a mix of melody and chug if you know what I mean.
#4432 by Uncle Ronny
Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:40 pm
Perfctdrumr4jc wrote:I would like some help, i'm going to be 18 within the next few weeks and I have no clue what to do with college or anything-but i know that its Gods will for me that I be in a Worship or Christian Band to help spread his love-but i cant find a Christain Rock Band who needs a drummer...if anyone is out there who can help me-please do..

Start with local church's. Visit Mosaic.com and search for church's in your area with young worshippers. If it's possible here in secular Los Angeles, then it is possible almost anywhere!

#4435 by leonRay
Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:02 pm
I wanted to post a topic like this. I just started an account with bandmix, and really wanted to meet up and jam music for Christ too! Any Hawaii ppl in here?
#4476 by madcat
Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:44 am
if you stop the god thing, more people listen. nothing worse than someone
speading the word....god doesn't need anyone to "spread his word" if he is truely omnipotent and wonderful, why are we at this point? are we at
war because "god" loves us? NO. is god sadistic? NO. is god all knowing? NO. WHY?

god does not exist.

neither does satan.

we have only ourselves to blame. start living it up before its over.
this is your only chance. why waste it on something so intangeible
and contrived?

good luck.