This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#85189 by thelonerambler
Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:31 pm
Hi there,
I'm just wanted to tell you guys that one of the first bands we put on MyRuralRadio.com just emailed me to say that 2 of their songs were purchased for a reality T.V show on a Major Music Television Network (I'm not at liberty to say which one) yet. They received their first royalty check yesterday and couldn't wait to tell us!!!

http://wwwmyruralradio.com

#85191 by philbymon
Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:34 pm
Hey, that's good news, indeed, lone. Did the posting of their song on your radio program have anything to do with their success? Just curious about how they managed to sell their wares.

#85192 by thelonerambler
Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:38 pm
philbymon wrote:Hey, that's good news, indeed, lone. Did the posting of their song on your radio program have anything to do with their success? Just curious about how they managed to sell their wares.


I don't know for sure but, I do know that some pretty big names in the record industry (from L.A. and the U.K.)have tuned in via our stat counter!

#85193 by philbymon
Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:44 pm
Well, damn, man! That IS encouraging. How hard is it to get your stuff on this thing?

I have some rough recordings of some pretty good songs. Not pro quality by any stretch of the imagination. What are your requirements & such?

#85194 by thelonerambler
Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:50 pm
philbymon wrote:Well, damn, man! That IS encouraging. How hard is it to get your stuff on this thing?

I have some rough recordings of some pretty good songs. Not pro quality by any stretch of the imagination. What are your requirements & such?


Email Mp3 formatted songs with any pics and bio.info. that you would like on our artist page, we'll listen to it and put it on. neanderpaul sent a song the other day it's on there! Keep the lyrics "clean" and originals only please!

thelonerambler@live.com
or
http://www.myruralradio.com
click on the GET PLAYED page and submit there

#85195 by philbymon
Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:04 pm
Will do. Thanks!
#85196 by thelonerambler
Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:06 pm
thelonerambler wrote:Hi there,
I'm just wanted to tell you guys that one of the first bands we put on MyRuralRadio.com just emailed me to say that 2 of their songs were purchased for a reality T.V show on a Major Music Television Network (I'm not at liberty to say which one) yet. They received their first royalty check yesterday and couldn't wait to tell us!!!

http://wwwmyruralradio.com


Here's the email,
Voodoo Pharmacology just received its first royalty check from MTV, MTV2, and MTV3. Oh yeah, and the Oxygen Network too. Our music is spiffying up 'Double Shot of Love' and 'Bad Girls Club'.

#85206 by eseime
Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:18 pm
Nice. I guess I should upload my music hehe.

#85207 by thelonerambler
Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:29 pm
eseime wrote:Nice. I guess I should upload my music hehe.


Can you email me mp3s of the songs on your profile?
thelonerambler@live.com

#85209 by eseime
Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:53 pm
I sent "How to Feel" via your link on the submissions page. I'm emailing you "Don't Run" and 8Sep09 to the email you just posted.

#85216 by Chippy
Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:05 pm
Which two bands are they please? Do they have MySpace accounts too? Good luck.

#85218 by thelonerambler
Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:27 pm
Chippy wrote:Which two bands are they please? Do they have MySpace accounts too? Good luck.


1 band 2 songs Vodoo Pharmacology
#85220 by Kramerguy
Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:29 pm
thelonerambler wrote:Hi there,
I'm just wanted to tell you guys that one of the first bands we put on MyRuralRadio.com just emailed me to say that 2 of their songs were purchased for a reality T.V show on a Major Music Television Network (I'm not at liberty to say which one) yet. They received their first royalty check yesterday and couldn't wait to tell us!!!

http://wwwmyruralradio.com


That's funny. One of our songs was used on the Today show back in march and the royalty check just rode in last week. When did they start paying royalties before the event?

Something ain't jiving.
#85235 by thelonerambler
Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:03 pm
http://wwwmyruralradio.com[/quote]

That's funny. One of our songs was used on the Today show back in march and the royalty check just rode in last week. When did they start paying royalties before the event?

Something ain't jiving.[/quote]

Ya know Kramerguy I've read alot of the stuff you've posted and I must say that you're not a very positive guy. I'm going to assume that the Today show is still a live show first of all,and you would of course get paid after the fact. Secondly, I pretty sure most of the MTV shows are taped, edited and so forth well in advance and the people that have songs or whatever featured on a show are paid when that process is completed.I can appreciate brutal honesty... in fact, I'd prefer it. But this everything sucks or there's something goin' on here crap I really can't support. Thanks for the input.

#85237 by Chippy
Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:14 pm
Is this them?

http://www.myspace.com/voodoopharmacologyband
Very good stuff if so?

They remind me (if not for the commentary) of a Band I used to follow in my native backwoods. (oh they are here now). :D

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests