This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#85090 by Ballistic J
Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:17 am
Got out some old 4 track tapes I recorded a few years ago and was going through the hundreds of songs and jams and came across a few really heavy, out there tripped out music that kinda freaked me out, it just had such a 'scary' sound and was wandering what the heck was I thinking. It was weird, and was just wanderin if anyone else has done that befire. I look at it this way since some people say music is the true window to your soul. Thats something to think about.

#85121 by fisherman bob
Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:43 am
Years ago we did a recording through the board and when we played it back there was voices on there that weren't ANY of the people in the room. they almost sounded ghostly. We never did figure out where they came from. It was definitely very freaky.

#85153 by philbymon
Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:02 pm
I've written a song that surprized me. In fact, it pretty much scared me that I could think up such sick lyrical content, but the song seemed to write itself. I only played it for one guy, who told me to never play it out, & I haven't.

I did some stuff on a 4-track about 10 years ago that I would be hard-pressed to replicate, too. I went through a period of extreme proliferation & was writing good stuff nearly daily.

Damn I wish I would get back there again! I NEED some recording equipment, cuz I can't keep the stuff that's in my head to stick long anough to develop it, otherwise. There's always music flowing through my muddled headbone, & some of it's pretty damned good, but it doesn't stay for long if I don't record it. Even charting stuff out doesn't help, cuz that "feel" gets lost very quickly.

I'm just a mess... :?

#85163 by jimmydanger
Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:35 pm
We used to do a free-form improv before rehearsal; it was always different and usually sounded like Primus/Porcupine Tree/King Crimson. But if we went to record it sounded forced. Should roll tape the minute you turn on the amps I guess.

#85178 by Starfish Scott
Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:09 pm
That's right.. record everything and spice and dice later..

Worst case scenario, you know what you don't want..

#85203 by Chippy
Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:48 pm
Haven't had anyone breathing in anything I've recorded. Had an odd moment now and again where I've hit a note and felt good, perhaps even odd and celestial sometimes.
#85264 by HowlinJ
Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:58 am
Ballistic J wrote: it just had such a 'scary' sound

Damn B J,
it aint no wonder! did ya look in the mirror lately? :shock:

#85526 by Kramerguy
Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:31 pm
Not freak me out, but when I was 18, my sister had a cat that HATED to be picked up, he would whine the entire time (rawlllllll wraarrrrlllrrr)

So one day I set up the 4 track, put the mic into my guitar rig, jacked up the analog delay and reverb.....

It sounded like the cat was at abu ghirab or something lol, funnies sh*t I ever recorded :)

*no cat was harmed in the making of that audio.

Too bad I lost that tape years ago :(

#85663 by gbheil
Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:54 am
Everytime I record something it freaks me out. What am I doing playing guitar with a rock band? :shock:

#85684 by Chippy
Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:14 pm
Wouldn't load for me Chris. :cry:
Said "Waiting for video" then nothing.

Sentient Paradox wrote:If you mean something that makes you go, "Where the hell did THAT come from?" Yup. Just recently.

http://www.airweavers.com/samples/every-aspect

#86167 by Chippy
Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:40 pm
Yeah they are all up to date Sentient.
I'm on linux, I'll try again a little later. I guess there was no way to preload-stream it huh?

Never mind will look again later today :D

Sentient Paradox wrote:Got your Quicktime updated Chip? Could be your connection too. It is a beeeg file. You may have to wait quite a while for it to load.

Should have thought of that before I posted it. :roll:

#86213 by Ballistic J
Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:26 pm
it be good to see other people freakin themselves out too, aargh! btw got a song on my profile Otis's Prayer I went for an old swampy voodoo living in the backwoods kinda sound but tried to keep it with a modern sound at the same time... I could feel that 'zone' when I was playing
later