This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#82813 by The Duped
Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 am
Hi all im new to this site and have downloaded some tracks to my site but they still are not available to play ....Does anyone know the reasons why this may be the case....Many thanks Saul Kaine.

#82817 by Shredd6
Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:36 am
I would say check the file sizes, and make sure they're mp3. That's about it. It works pretty easy for me.
#82856 by mistermikev
Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:40 pm
SaulKaine wrote:Hi all im new to this site and have downloaded some tracks to my site but they still are not available to play ....Does anyone know the reasons why this may be the case....Many thanks Saul Kaine.

sorry if this is the technical equivalent of asking whether your computer is plugged in but... do you have windows media player(or winamp or any other common media player?) installed on your pc? ie, have you been able to play other mp3's on your comp?
are you getting a message that the files are corrupt and cannot be read: if so I'd guess you have a 57kbps connection and the conn gets lost b4 it downloads entirely?

just some ideas.

#82858 by gbheil
Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:57 pm
After you up load your mp3 file you need to placea check in the spot that said "allow others to play".
There is another that said "allow others to download" you needent checkthat box unlesss you intend to share.

Welcome and good luck.

#82871 by mistermikev
Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:51 pm
sanshouheil wrote:After you up load your mp3 file you need to placea check in the spot that said "allow others to play".
There is another that said "allow others to download" you needent checkthat box unlesss you intend to share.

Welcome and good luck.

sans leave it to you to figure out that by download he actually meant upload?

(I guess you are fluent in knucklehead - hehe hehe haha ha ha ho ho - watch out for this guy... is this think on?)

I was wondering what the hell he meant by download to his site... hehe.

#82879 by Chippy
Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:36 pm
Upload ~ Download.
Folks get things wrong sometimes.
SaulKaine............

Write to support.
http://www.bandmix.com/support/contact/

Ask them. They are pretty good at replying and getting things sorted out if YOU write to them.

Hope this helps?

Chippy.

#83056 by The Duped
Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:44 am
Hi all thanks for all your posts.....I am however very computer literate....and have been recording for years have a degree in sound engineering but thanks for the in depth analysis of how and why ....lol... I just thought that there may have been something I had to check a box or something like one of you did suggest....I think I already did that but not the share one......And yes I can play a;ll tracks on all file variations on my pc in one format or another and I have also contacted these guys a few days back an still no answer.....Maybe its just me and I cant play it when I see my own profile if that makes sense....Would som one be so kind to go to my profile and try them selves......Cheers Saul Kaine is where you'll find it ta again ...

#83058 by gbheil
Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:49 am
It said "No Audio Files" dude.

The mothership has always gotten right back to me. :?

I do hope you persist, and work it out. :wink:

#83059 by The Duped
Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:54 am
Cheers again Sanshouheil for your help on this matter.......I just contacted them again and this time I sent the RIGHT email address.....lol....

Fingers crossed I shall be up and running quick step....

Safe and sound Saul...

#83061 by gbheil
Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:48 pm
Your welcome sir.

#83062 by The Duped
Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:17 pm
Was just an after thought ....Do they take a day or so to be available ....So they can vet them maybe or should they be available immediately ...?

#83069 by gbheil
Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:55 pm
No man, as soon as they finish the up load you should be able to click on "veiw profile" and listen to them. I always do, sometimes they play at the wrong speed, usually too slow, and sound like crap.
File size is as important as them being MP3.
I try to keep mine just under 10.

#83072 by The Duped
Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:04 pm
The size isnt seeming to be a problem ....They have both been UPLOADED and it states that they are on there....And when I go to my manage tracks and stuff it shows both of them on there....?

Totally stumped and the guys on here still not got back to me....

I was gonna join this site and upgrade but if I cant get my stuff on here dont really see the point...

Saul

#83074 by gbheil
Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:08 pm
I dont know Saul, that just sucks.
Hope you can get it worked out.
Hate to lose a muso over " technical difficultys " :twisted:

#83097 by The Duped
Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:33 pm
Sorted ....but now the quality is not that great....All sounded fine my end .... Persistence is the key....I guess....lmao...