This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#79170 by gbheil
Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:47 pm
This is indeed interesting. I saw something the other night about this on DISCOVERY I believe it was. Amino acids being locked up in comet ice as well as the atmosphere of venus possibly.
Obviously the atomic mixture that allowed for life on our planet had some origin in the "big bang".
Also as obvious is that mathmaticly speaking somewhere in the universe the same or simular environmetal developement had to have taken place.
It all makes me feel really really small.

#79175 by RGMixProject
Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:40 pm
It would be great to meet a being from another planet, however, I doubt they will pay my bills or wash my cars and trucks or cut my grass so really to me they would be just another neighbor. The thing is, its not like any of these being's haven't had enough time to imporve our life here. I think apathy is a trait of the universe.

#79179 by gbheil
Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:59 pm
If I asked my neighbors, they would not hesitate to cut my grass knowing I am presently unable. Nor would they give it a second thought.
We watch each others backs quite well out here. We may not always get along in the most loving of fashion. But for the most part we each realise that we are in some small way dependant on each other.
May not say a word to each other for a year, but let a storm knock down some trees in the road and you cant swing a dead cat in a circle without hitting a redneck with a 4 wheel drive and a chain saw willing to work at your side.

#79180 by Chippy
Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:16 pm
Last edited by Chippy on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

#79181 by jimmydanger
Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:20 pm
With all due respect, this story really has nothing to do with the Big Bang. The Big Bang Theory deals with the origin of the universe, it says nothing about the origins of life. The most compelling evidence for the Big Bang is the cosmic background microwaves that permeate the universe. As far as life in the universe, I think it's pretty clear that life has probably developed many times, however I would not call it common. It's entirely possible that life only occurs under the most stringent conditions, and that it is very special.

#79182 by 1collaborator
Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:30 pm
And its another day in Paradise !!!

#79186 by 420freedom
Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:49 pm
lol,how doesn't this give the big bang theory any support? Life being created in random chaotic dismay seems pretty clear with this evidence, I'm not saying it solved everything about life, but I'm in no position to call bullshit on an Astrobiologists working for NASA.

#79187 by jw123
Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:55 pm
This guy has to justify the money that I as a taxpayer pay him to find out this info. I would rather cut him loose than pay him for this info. Im here, big bang or no big bang, its interesting but I would rather save the money on my tax bill than pay for research like this.

Sorry to get off subject its just one of those mornings................

#79192 by jimmydanger
Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:17 pm
420, put down the bong and go reread the article and my reply. And while you're at it read a book sometime, you come off as half-baked misusing words like "random chaotic dismay".

#79196 by 420freedom
Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:34 pm
First off,check yourself Dr goread abook
"and well your at it go read book narf narf",,lol,f**k wizard of wisdom over here,you telling me a comet hitting earth wouldn't be RANDOM,CHAOTIC OR CAUSE DISMAY?,yeah big misuse on my part. :roll:
If you want to go by stereotypes,I could have also been as ignorant to say"why don't you put down your big mac and pull your head out of your ass"

#79205 by jimmydanger
Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:10 pm
The least you could do is cut and paste my quote if you don't know how to use the proper words. The words you were fumbling for were "while", not well, and "you're", not your. And dismay?? Just plain wrong.

#79212 by 420freedom
Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:26 pm
lol,are you for real,or just extremely bored?

here I'll copy and paste something for you,its the least I could do.

dis⋅may
  /dɪsˈmeɪ/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [dis-mey] Show IPA
Use dismay in a Sentence
–verb
1. to break down the courage of completely, as by sudden danger or trouble; dishearten thoroughly; daunt: The surprise attack dismayed the enemy.
2. to surprise in such a manner as to disillusion: She was dismayed to learn of their disloyalty.
3. to alarm; perturb: The new law dismayed some of the more conservative politicians.

ran⋅dom
  /ˈrændəm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ran-duhm] Show IPA
Use random in a Sentence
–adjective
1. proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern: the random selection of numbers.
2. Statistics. of or characterizing a process of selection in which each item of a set has an equal probability of being chosen.
3. Building Trades.
a. (of building materials) lacking uniformity of dimensions: random shingles.
b. (of ashlar) laid without continuous courses.
c. constructed or applied without regularity: random bond.

cha·os (kā'ŏs')
n.

1. A condition or place of great disorder or confusion.
2. A disorderly mass; a jumble: The desk was a chaos of papers and unopened letters.
3. often Chaos The disordered state of unformed matter and infinite space supposed in some cosmogonic views to have existed before the ordered universe.
4. Mathematics A dynamical system that has a sensitive dependence on its initial conditions.
5. Obsolete An abyss; a chasm.

#79220 by jimmydanger
Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:19 pm
Of course a comet hitting the earth would be random and chaotic, these are two of the principles that govern the entire universe. But dismay is simply not the right word. Who was dismayed? If a comet brought the building blocks of life to the earth, there would have been no one to be dismayed. A small point that obscures my original response: this has nothing to do with the Big Bang Theory.

#79221 by Chippy
Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:23 pm
Last edited by Chippy on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.