This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#76953 by angelspeak
Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:56 pm
Hey everyone,

I'd appreciate any feedback you can give regarding our brand of Christian pop metal. Our sound is very 80s rock-influenced. Check it out! Thanks alot

Michael Stover/Angelspeak Ps 95:1

#76965 by johnnya
Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:24 pm
good. it seems a lot of christian players have to play secular clubs ect to make ends meet, but that is not new, christ hanged out in areas that people called him a winebibber and stuff, speaking of angels, there is a pic on my profile that a lady took during a storm and it was a freak storm, i remmember that day, the news didnt even expect that, she wasted the rest of the film cause the day was ruinned and it looks like a angel on the sky and a evilish entiny on the bottom, i developed the film at a walgreen at the time, i had just been praying to God about such beings and said i belived they are real and didnt want to see one personally due to being committed in my peace of mind, and the following week i was able to come into this pic, God bless

#76971 by The Writer
Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:51 pm
Hi Angel Speak,

I listened to your work. And because of where I'm at I can only manage to hear an outlay of the music and the words. Far it be from my to critique ones work-because I'm the one that needs critisizing, especially by one as yourself. However you asked for it so here I go...

1. You need to get more radical than you are in your sound. (Grab ones attention so to speck)
2. Use SFX(sound effects) On my portfolio listen to Bongo Miracle Landslide- some like it, and even I do sometimes (LOL)_, and ("Defying the Odds")
"Defying the Odds is not so much SFX, but it's my testimony.
3. How far is Monroesville from Harrisburg, Pa?

If you are close, I would like to show you some of the written material I have. I a whole lot of songs written down, that could be aligned with imaginative sound and stage effects-who knows?

#76992 by The Writer
Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:44 pm
example: as a side note sing about the whale in the belly, with out talking about the whale in the belly.

Say instead
smelling funky while in the bowels of a city,
huddled around the fire, looking for a meal to eat,

Jonah, Jonah thrown overboard
Jonard, Jonah, thrown overboard

well something like that

#78726 by Ian Parker Terrace
Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:13 pm
awesome music

#78728 by gbheil
Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:24 pm
I wonder how I missed this post before, Being dated 07/31/09.
Perhaps it was multiple postings as I seem to vaugly remember the name.
Very 80's ish and very pop, as is all to much contemporary Christian music, for my taste anyway.
Best of luck with your project just the same.

#78732 by Ian Parker Terrace
Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:40 pm
are u looking for members?

#78735 by gbheil
Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:50 pm
I have my doubts they are even around anymore Ian.
This is the one and only post they made. And it is two weeks old.
You can research the poster by clicking on there name in the index.
He made one post and vanished. "POOF"
Too bad, music had some good qualities about it.

#78738 by Ian Parker Terrace
Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:00 pm
yep, I've located his Youtube Channel & he logged in 1 week ago. Guess just have to see what happens. Just think my style could brighten his music up & I was into Stryper

thnx

#78740 by gbheil
Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:02 pm
No prob dude. Best of luck.

#78766 by jw123
Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:33 am
Sounds pretty good to me.

#78780 by Hayden King
Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:55 am
The Writer wrote:example: as a side note sing about the whale in the belly, with out talking about the whale in the belly.

Say instead
smelling funky while in the bowels of a city,
huddled around the fire, looking for a meal to eat,

Jonah, Jonah thrown overboard
Jonard, Jonah, thrown overboard

well something like that

then what would be the point in writing about the belly? I'm sure you mean in the belly o the whale.
I write in this form many times, but I don't see the point of doing faith based material that doesn't send an open and direct message!

http://c1.ezfolk.com/bands/6039/index.php
www.myspace.com/blunderingeye
www.myspace.com/445175001
Facebook group/Hayden King

"It is what it is"
#79640 by Spartanite
Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:58 pm
anything you do will be an improvement over Micheal row the boat ashore [alleluia]! remember Christ was not God, but a parrot crucified by an envious rival [Ciaphus].

I dont beleive in God. I believe in myself. if somthing must be done, its up to me to do it. no-one gives a damn about hail mary or our father.

contribute to my success at Solo Recordz label and I will share what I know with your people.

Ricko
www.curciomusic.webs.com