This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#9821 by hairpin harold
Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:27 pm
wHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIND A VOCALIST THAT DOESNT SUCK. I MEAN WE HAVE SEEN MANY VOCALISTS AND NONE OF THEM ARE RELIABLE NEVER MIND A GOOD SINGER. AND WHEN WE DO FIND A RELIABLE MUSICIAN THEY SUCK. iF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I WOULD GO TO FIND A GOOD VOCALIST ONLINE OR BY PHONE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

#9913 by Carl Tyree
Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:33 am
:roll: They forgot how when they started CRAP oh I meant rap

#9931 by profile121248
Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:46 pm
the resin there are no good vocalist?

they have all come down with LSD.or commonly known as lead singers disease. If they are not sick with it then they are already working. My recommendation is to learn to sing and combat LSD by self intervention.
Yep, do it your self.
#9964 by fisherman bob
Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:14 am
Contact the music stores in your area, ask if they have any vocal instructors. Get to know these voice teachers and ask if they have any star pupils. Go to any karaoke bars and listen to the singers, you may find a good one. Tell every single person you know if they know anybody who can sing, get their phone numbers. ( I once found the best drummer I ever played with by asking a truck driver if he knew any good drummers.) Place a classified ad in your local classified only newspapers (Thrifty Nickel, American classifieds, etc.) stating you need a singer for your band. (I once found a killer singer using this method.) Go out occasionally and listen to local bands, if any of them have any good singers, talk to them during breaks, ask them if they'd like to sing for your band part-time. You might be surprised how many singers are NOT HAPPY with their bands and may sing for you full time. Some of the other websites are good to find musicians (Community musician, backpage.com, Craig's list, etc.). There's got to be a good singer, maybe somebody you even know. Just KEEP ASKING, you'll get someone quicker than you think. Later...

#10346 by Stacy Jo Conner
Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:58 am
OK, Here's my delema. I am that great/reliable vocalist. Now can someone tell ME where I can find other great musicians who actually care about their future and who actually care about the MUSIC more than the partying? Oh yeah and who actually live within driving distance of me? (FL Gulf coast) Excuse the sarcasm but it is born from pure frustration! :x

#10348 by RhythmMan
Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:32 am
staycee5,
Lady, I sure understand your frustration.
Sorry - don't get your hopes up: I'm in CT - too far away, unfortunately.
I need to find a good, reliable female vocalist to learn at leat 2 songs by this Saturday, for a huge trade show.
Outdoor stage, thousands of people - and no female vocalist (who lives within driving distance).
(The excellent singer in my recordings doesn't even live in the U.S.A.)

The only one I know who could be available on such a short notice is managing the sound system . . .
I just need a female vocalist who can SING, and sing GOOD. And actually perform at least 2 songs on stage by this coming weekend.
I haven't found anyone close by within the last 2 years.
I feel for you, Staycee; I know what it's like.
:)
If there are any ladies listening in, within 45 minutes of N. Madison, CT (yeah - right!) go to my Myspace page.
2 of the songs you'd need to learn are posted there:
http://www.myspace.com/alanbradleygroup
“Folks I Knew", and “Molasses Blues.”
I'm not holding my breath while I'm waiting. . .
Anyway - good luck, Staycee.
Alan

#10353 by Irminsul
Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:07 am
staycee5 wrote:OK, Here's my delema. I am that great/reliable vocalist. Now can someone tell ME where I can find other great musicians who actually care about their future and who actually care about the MUSIC more than the partying? Oh yeah and who actually live within driving distance of me? (FL Gulf coast) Excuse the sarcasm but it is born from pure frustration! :x

Staycee welcome to my nightmare!
#10406 by Steppenstone
Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:39 am
hairpin harold wrote:wHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIND A VOCALIST THAT DOESNT SUCK. I MEAN WE HAVE SEEN MANY VOCALISTS AND NONE OF THEM ARE RELIABLE NEVER MIND A GOOD SINGER. AND WHEN WE DO FIND A RELIABLE MUSICIAN THEY SUCK. iF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I WOULD GO TO FIND A GOOD VOCALIST ONLINE OR BY PHONE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

After watching American Idol for 6 seasons I believe it's hard to find good singers. That show cracks me up when they feature the bad singers. The nerve of some of those people who actually think they can sing.

#10503 by [email protected]
Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:17 pm
I NEED EVERYONES HELP; I AM A ASPIRING COUNTRY SINGER IN MARYLAND AND I NEED EVERYONE WHO READS THIS TO GO TO WWW.WPOC.COM (A LOCAL RADIO STATION)

THEN CLICK ON "VOTE NATIONAL ANTHEM" THEN CLICK ON MY NAME
KELLEY LARSON

THEN CONTEST ENDS FRIDAY @ 5PM. YESTERDAY I WAS IN FIRST PLACE WITH 32% NOW I AM IN 4TH. I REALLY WANT THIS BAD. SO PLEASE EVERYONE WHO IS A PERFORMER KNOWS THE RUSH YOU GET ON STAGE ESPECIALLY IN FRONT OF 25,000 PEOPLE. AND SOMEONE IMPORTANT MIGHT SEE YOU. PLEASE HELP

PLEASE HELP

MORE OF ME AND MY MUSIC AT MYSPACE.COM/KELLEYELG

#10555 by Irminsul
Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:41 pm
[email protected] wrote:I NEED EVERYONES HELP; I AM A ASPIRING COUNTRY SINGER IN MARYLAND AND I NEED EVERYONE WHO READS THIS TO GO TO WWW.WPOC.COM (A LOCAL RADIO STATION)

THEN CLICK ON "VOTE NATIONAL ANTHEM" THEN CLICK ON MY NAME
KELLEY LARSON

THEN CONTEST ENDS FRIDAY @ 5PM. YESTERDAY I WAS IN FIRST PLACE WITH 32% NOW I AM IN 4TH. I REALLY WANT THIS BAD. SO PLEASE EVERYONE WHO IS A PERFORMER KNOWS THE RUSH YOU GET ON STAGE ESPECIALLY IN FRONT OF 25,000 PEOPLE. AND SOMEONE IMPORTANT MIGHT SEE YOU. PLEASE HELP

PLEASE HELP

MORE OF ME AND MY MUSIC AT MYSPACE.COM/KELLEYELG

Kelly, Jesus Christ how many threads are you going to spam with this crap? You're just pissing people off...thats not a way to win some contest.

Also, if you are such a serious singer bent on being discovered, why are there no music files on your profile? Perhaps you should put your time into doing that instead of hijacking threads.

#10571 by phboo
Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:03 pm
staycee5 wrote:OK, Here's my delema. I am that great/reliable vocalist. Now can someone tell ME where I can find other great musicians who actually care about their future and who actually care about the MUSIC more than the partying? Oh yeah and who actually live within driving distance of me? (FL Gulf coast) Excuse the sarcasm but it is born from pure frustration! :x

You wade through the slush pile. It's Clarke's law--90% of everything is CRAP! With musicians, it's more like 98%.

It's gotten worse the last ten years ago, because the club thing has all but faded away all over. I did a lot of traveling a few years ago, hoping to find somewhere to settle where I could play (I ended up in Orlando). There just aren't as many places to play as there used to be, and the ones that are left are getting smaller and smaller. There's no incentive any more to get out there.

"We're going to get signed and do world tours, so we don't need the clubs." Yeah--go the lottery ticket route. Even if that's your goal, it's nice to be able to play decent shows before you get the Eagle.

#10577 by Irminsul
Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:12 am
phboo wrote:

You wade through the slush pile. It's Clarke's law--90% of everything is CRAP! With musicians, it's more like 98%.

It's gotten worse the last ten years ago, because the club thing has all but faded away all over. I did a lot of traveling a few years ago, hoping to find somewhere to settle where I could play (I ended up in Orlando). There just aren't as many places to play as there used to be, and the ones that are left are getting smaller and smaller. There's no incentive any more to get out there.

"We're going to get signed and do world tours, so we don't need the clubs." Yeah--go the lottery ticket route. Even if that's your goal, it's nice to be able to play decent shows before you get the Eagle.

Clubs have been a waste of time for years. I play mostly the festival circuit these days. It's much better.
#10657 by bluesgrunt49
Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:31 am
hairpin harold wrote:wHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIND A VOCALIST THAT DOESNT SUCK. I MEAN WE HAVE SEEN MANY VOCALISTS AND NONE OF THEM ARE RELIABLE NEVER MIND A GOOD SINGER. AND WHEN WE DO FIND A RELIABLE MUSICIAN THEY SUCK. iF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I WOULD GO TO FIND A GOOD VOCALIST ONLINE OR BY PHONE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

I don't know the answer to your question but, perhaps it is location?
I live in a hick town (one horse town) in SW Pennsylvania and it is very difficult to find anyone who has a decent resume that isn't already gigging. Most are too busy with their jobs or families, or, whatever.

I don't know if I can leave an email address on this post or not but, here it is: [email protected]. I play guitar, have been in the business for 35 years.