This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#9915 by Carl Tyree
Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:38 am
8) I have a question, what the hell does politics have to do with music and rock anyway and who cares about what anyone person believes as far as political views go........it's only rock and roll.........and I like it

#9922 by Irminsul
Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:23 pm
Everything is political to some degree, and music has been used for thousands of years to be an agent of social change. I don't see why your panties are in such a wad over it.

#9950 by C.Cat
Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:51 pm
Irminsul wrote:music has been used for thousands of years to be an agent of social change.

Very true, and rock has always been about challenging the establishment.

#9959 by The KIDD
Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:11 am
Hey Gang,

Yeah , In the words of Steppenwolf.."Now its the Monster who will not obey"....Although, I think he meant politics between musicians personally...No doubt , we are a divided country...Much more so than in 68 IMO...Music is the only thing that I know of the unites me with those I oppose politically...

John
#9963 by fisherman bob
Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:02 am
for example in the sixties politics had a huge influence in music. Dylan, Crosby, Stills & Nash, a few Beatles songs, Neil Young, the list goes on and on. Sometimes when political issues are burning (civil rights, Vietnam war) it gives musicians a lot of fuel to write songs. I believe the sixties was one of the very best decades for music, primarily fueled by politics. Politics can give songwriters something to write about. I've got a few songs that will appear on our upcoming CD that are definitely driven by current events. If you happen to not care about politics and you hear a song that's political, then turn it off. If you like song lyrics that are "fluff" then listen to those. Either way, the words in a song are not as important to me as the music, however if the words are meaningful to me, it makes the song that much better. Interesting topic, I'm glad someone brought it up. Later...