This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#808 by Adam+Gain
Sat May 20, 2006 6:00 pm
New guy here. My name is Adam and I'm a guitarist looking to find some really commited musicians, cause theres sure none around here.

So this is just another hope to get a connection before I make my move where ever it may be.

#814 by Night Wolf
Sun May 21, 2006 5:42 am
New to the site. From Grantsville, WV. Looking to find a band to hook up with.
#884 by fisherman bob
Sun May 28, 2006 3:14 pm
I'm Fisherman Bob. I'm a bass player/lead singer/songwriter in the Kansas CIty area. Been playing in bands for 25 years part-time. Been offered a few full time positions including a few regional/national jobs. Can't do that I've got my own business I run days. I'm currently in a mainly blues band. We play covers (MY WAY) and originals. I STRONGLY believe there's far too many people trying to play covers just like the record. Look how popular DJ's, karaoke, and American Idol are. Us singer/songwriters are becoming endangered species. Once in a while I go online and look at some of these music forums. I get a kick out of some of the responses. Somehow or other we all have to get back to creating music and get away from the cover band mentality. God created man with the ability to THINK. If prehistoric man tried to copy everything we would still be sitting in dirt playing with sticks and bones. My advice to any musician starting out is PLAY A SONG THE WAY YOU WANT TO PLAY IT AND THE WAY IT FITS YOUR BAND MEMBERSHIP. And try to write your own music once in a while. WE NEED NEW MUSIC. WE NEED CREATIVITY AND INTERPRETATION. Otherwise real music will die. Later-Fisherman Bob

#889 by Satina
Sun May 28, 2006 4:01 pm
/\/\/\/\/\//\
Co-sign
#903 by Guest
Sun May 28, 2006 5:11 pm
Gosh dang this is so frustrating. If anyone hears of a band (who plays anything but country or grunge) please let me no. I cant find one band who plays CHRISTIAN music and needs a drummer. If u hear or know of any bands in need of drummer that dont mind having a 13 playing in there band , let me no PLEASE!!!!
#905 by Guest
Sun May 28, 2006 5:29 pm
hey some one say something. HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

#942 by Guest
Wed May 31, 2006 5:08 pm
Hi All:>) New to the site. I am a lead guitar player for 45 years or so, I am 58 and from lansing Michigan. Working on a CD now with a friend in my studio. I have been in bands and have done more studio work than I can remember and still having fun. Nice site and keep up the good work.

#961 by Guest
Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:39 pm
Hey there, just wanting to say hello.
New to this site from West Va.

Hope to hear from some of you with similar interests.
(rap about, music, influences, gear, faith, whatever..)

Cool website...
Last edited by Guest on Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
#965 by Bluesguitargrl
Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:45 am
I am an origional artist possibly looking to relocate to a city that has a better live music scene than the one here.... :( which is almost non existant... unless you count the 10 or 12 venues within about an hour drive. Have had a couple of bands here, and even got gigis in the few places around here, but invetably some band member quits or can't seem to get it together... and I am on the search again... ANyone know of any city's with great music and affordable rent? Oh yeah and not sexist believing that women shouldn't play music or can't play very well.

I've heard good things about Austin TX... BTW Blues is my love... so that is really the music Iwant to be playing although I can play anything... but choose not to play Country, rap or thrash. :roll: Anything with a good groove and a great melody is suited to my style. :idea:
#982 by Guest
Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:19 pm
Three cities come to mind:New Orleans,New York City or Buffalo,NY.They seem to me to be your heavy jazz/blues cities.I'm south of Buffalo.Check those cities websites and get the feel for rent and playing venues.Of course if you don't want the cold/snow then I'm out of suggestions.Isn't there anything on the east coast of Florida,from Deerfield Beach through Miami?Or is that the area you were referring for travelling to.I think you just might be on the wrong coast of Florida.Up here you would have Buffalo with Rochester another hour away,also jazz/blues influenced.Rent in our region is about 400-600 for nice places....

Jon
EXIT 20,classic rock band

#986 by Bluesguitargrl
Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:46 pm
Actually I do live on the other side of the state... and am being pressed to move into the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area... Just wondering about other possibilities. The Austin TX area has been mentioned to me also... can't be all that bad, they did turn out the Los Lonely Boys. :D
#1023 by fisherman bob
Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:38 am
Kansas City is easily one of the more affordable places for rent and has a decent music scene. There's a lot of blues bands here, some of the more popular ones are fronted by female singers. However, there's far too many bands and not nearly enough venues for them to play at.

#1040 by greyface
Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:09 pm
New here.Thought I'd stop by and say hello.
I'm a bassist/guitarist/percussionist from Central Texas (Killeen area) looking to put a group together.

#1052 by Cejuba
Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:07 am
Hi, I joined this forum awhile ago and just thought I'd say hello.

I am a vocalist who sings mostly christian contemporary. I'd love to get together with others to collaborate on some songwriting and maybe perform at some christian venues but am having a hard time finding anyone in my area.

My main goal is spreading God's message. If there is anyone in the Centennial, Highlands Ranch area of Colorado who is interested in starting something let me know.

Jules
#1092 by Guest
Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:01 pm
Hello Out There in Music Land!
Hope you are all playing the music you want to play. Seems like this is something that isn't too easy to do anymore (unless I'm, more or less, alone).
Anyway, nice to meet you all here in Band.Mix !
I'm a female singer/songwriter, and also play rythm guitar and percussion. I love Blues and JAZZ, but can't seem to find a Jazz band to sing with. Hopefully there is a band or musicians I can work with in the near future in the Philadelphia, PA area.
Peace, Love and Happiness