This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#55071 by CRUTCH
Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:10 pm
Keep in touch just in case you need advice on music.
You seem very talented and I love all musicians especially the ones that play for the lord.

Maybe you guy's can plan to come to Florida for the Ultimate Jam Session and possibly perform.

God bless

#55085 by gbheil
Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:08 am
Noisy Kung Fu !! woohooow!! Yea baby!!!!

#56454 by philbymon
Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:40 pm
gary21 - my bro-in-law is about the most secular guy you'd ever meet, but he gets pretty good paying gigs doing stuff for Catholic churches in D.C. He's done the Gregorian chant stuff, & the rockish stuff, & the more traditional as well, & gets paid very well for a non-believer.

There are at least three churches within a 20 mile radius of my place out in the WV sticks that pay musicians to do rockish gospel.

They're everywhere. Seek them out, if that's your fancy. There is money to be made in Christian music.

If things don't start picking up in my own line of work, I may just do some of that myself!

#73684 by Aftertodayguitarist
Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:53 pm
well finally other like minded individuals. i have started a christ inspired band. we are not really a christian just because if you label yourself that then your lumped into that category but everything we do and write about has a very possitive message and everything revolves around the lord. its just nice not having to write the lyrics constantly about how great god is(even though he truly is and thats really what our songs say)we just write it in a way that makes people think about it. god is awesome and its even better when someone hears what your doing and that helps lead them to christ. keep rockin for the lord and just be the soldiers under his command.

#74035 by PocketGroovesGSO
Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:32 pm
I used to be in many Christian bands. They were kind of interesting, and some of the most successful "band" situations that I had ever been in. The only problem was the whole "Christian" thing... :shock: :shock:

This was the biggest bunch of hypocrites that I had ever been around. Most of the drummers were potheads, many guitarists were shacking with their baby-momma girlfriends, singers/vocalists were the "supreme beings" of the band because they were the equivilent of the "pastor of the band"... etc. (I'm not making this stuff up -- I know it sounds cliche', but that's because it is!! :? ) Other band members (including myself) really had no business representing the God we were supposed to be "serving" in those bands... I was no saint, but I found myself trying to be more "Christian" than the other members for the sake of our fans and followers. After all, the supporters of these "ministries" had to have someone to look up to... This was hard to carry that burden by myself.

I really don't claim to be a Christian anymore, but I respect music. Being labelled "Christian" doesn't mean bad music, the way some people view it. I'm a big fan of Pillar (I know Noah, their guitarist -- one of my old bands, Prophesy 412, did a lot of shows with his old band, Signet... he's an awesome dude!), I like Steven Curtis Chapman, Noisy Kung Fu! :D :D , and many other Christian bands.

I think that the thing to remember is that "Christian music" is as much of a business now as any other genre of the music industry. "Christian" record labels are just as much driven by money as any other record label in the world. Why not just drop the "Christian" part of the name right off because you're acting like a regular, slimey, no good "secular" label anyway?!?! I started seeing the cynicism of the companies that were supposed to be supporting Christian ministry, but they only wanted money. "The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil."

After realizing this, I reevaluated what I really believed. I decided that being a Christian in that fashion simply wasn't for me. I'm a bit jaded, honestly, but I also realize that not all Christians are like the ones that I've known. There are good people out there who serve a God they truly believe in. Admirable...

Have a good one y'all! :D

#88304 by real live music
Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:09 pm
:lol: hey out there i,ve been around awhile and christian music
is good for those who like to share the meaning behind the songs,
but when people act holier than thou they can talk to the walls for,
all i care, there has been spiritual rock songs for generations ie,
spirit in the sky,stairway to heaven,and lots of songs that just have,
the feel of god i need you please help me!credence,eagles,even,
grand funks lead singer re-worded some kinda wonderful,i guess,
you younger musicians haven,t listened to those songs,i,m an old,
50yr dude who has had many experiences with both sides secular,
and so called christian music, i am a true believer in christ but hey,
to say want to be labeled a christian isn,t real to me GOD KNOWS,
WHO AND WHAT I BELIEVE HE JUDGED ME LIKE EVERYONE ELSE,
I AM SOOOO GUILTY OF EVERY SIN. SO MUSIC ABOUT,FOR HIM,
I HAVE WRITTEN ,SANG, FOR MANY YEARS NOT TO GET RICH BUT,
BECAUSE I AM GRATEFUL FOR HIS LOVE,NERCY,FORGIVENESS.

THOSE WHO CHOOSE NOT TO BELIEVE JUST HASN,T EXPERIENCED,
LIFE IN THE SAME WAYS AS WE WHO DO HAVE FAITH! SO DON,T
PUSH THEM INTO A CORNER AND PLACE GUILT TRIPS ON THEM,
IF THEY WANT TO BE LOVED AND FORGIVEN,AND COOSE CHRIST,
THAT IS THIER DESICION TO MAKE NOT OURS. :lol: :lol:

#88362 by gbheil
Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:13 pm
NOISY KUNG FU !! WOOOHOOO YEEEAAA BAAAABY !!

#88404 by fisherman bob
Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:51 am
I'm not too knowledgable when it comes to Christian music. I listen to a classic Christian music station in the Kansas City area and some of the songs are awesome. I also discovered Blind Willie Johnson on Jango. He was an accoustic blues/christian performer in the 20's and 30's. What an awesome, inspirational musician he was. Just gives me goose bumps listening to him play and sing. I could imagine a contemporary Christian band (Noisy Kung Fu?) doing some updated Blind Willie Johnson tunes, just as many contemporary blues bands have done updated versions of Robert Johnson's tunes.

#88589 by gbheil
Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:46 am
Not a bad idea for a future project. :wink:

#93434 by Rick Poirier
Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:42 pm
Ive found myself writing many faith based songs and just posted
one called" A Baby Born" it got a good review in a California church
one of my freinds runs the sound there and played it for the church.
I posted it on my page if anyone want to listen, Merry x-mass. Rick

#93457 by Etu Malku
Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:43 pm
Some of my music was used at the annual international conclave of the Temple of Set . . . does that count? :wink:

#93492 by gbheil
Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:09 pm
Merry Christmas Rick !!

Never bury a post about a song on your profile in a preveous thread.
Start a thread about your song so we can more easly find it.

Now do it so I can find you after band practice tonight.

:wink:

#93571 by repressthecadence
Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:14 pm
I love Christian music. In fact, my solo stuff An Echo Revealed Our Scheme is a Christian project. As Cities Burn is probably my favorite Christian group right now.

@real live music: I've listened to a lot of that stuff that you've mentioned. While I agree that there are in fact a good deal of "spiritual" songs out there, there's just something special about honoring God in name. Truthfully, there isn't anything like it to me. And you know, I don't mind artists that do in fact make money to make music for God, because you know what? It's going toward increasing the sphere of influence of musicians with a positive message. The more their music gets out there, the more lives they can touch with the wonderful words and musical gifts that God has given them.

#93594 by gbheil
Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:16 pm
I'll agree RtC. As long as the artist make appropriate use of those funds.
For me that would be tithing / donating as well as supporting family and friends whom are involved in the project.
A big rub for me is "religious" groups whom use their tax free dollars to build swimming pools and tennis courts, and call it a temple or church.
Not good stewardship IMNSHO. The great commision is to go out teaching.
Not build our parisheners a bowling alley.